@kaw_com re: hte/rotw promos

Discussion in 'Activities' started by -Rio-, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Before anyone says anything, I am well aware ata is a business and needs to make money, I'm not an idiot.

Kaw_community, I'll keep it quick and simple.

Why isn't there ever any promo on the other ebs than the pay ebs?

25% more on all other ebs would:

1. Encourage XTAL use on other ebs - generating more revenue for you.
    2. Almost entirely remove the complaints you ALWAYS get about these promos.
    3. It would keep everybody happy.
    4. People would still use the pay ebs, as they would still pay much more per hour, you would lose no revenue at all, infact you would create revenue through XTAL sales.

Please respond to this, feedback never gets anywhere and everytime you do this promo, this question is asked.

2. Well, as a LB player and community mogul, I can sincerely tell you the decision to do this is based off of ATA's ability to placate the irresistible urges of the percentage of players who will pay, and do pay exorbitant amounts of money to gain an advantage over you "whinebag cheapskates".

For as many of these threads that are created, and read, there are several hundred accounts that do not read the forums, and are way too busy getting bigger than you for ATA to even respond. The transferring the thousands of dollars into their accounts have been keeping them busy.

When you have this issue: Making millions of dollars for offering perks in a free game.

and someone says: "Dude, I want what paying customers get, but for free." There is a chuckle somewhere. You, OP. You are funny.

3. No support

4. How's that HTE going, OP?

5. Ok thanks, I'm grateful to my clan for putting it on.

I fail to see your point.

My question is still valid regardless of wether I'm currently doing hte.

6. News flash your an idiot. This is basically asking for equality right? That isn't equality if it doesn't include every aspect of the game.

7. So.. You're freeloading off someone else's seal.. Yet you complain that people are buying seals.

Mind blown

8. Says the person who quotes the entire forum to reply to op..

9. No, I'm hitting the eb my clan is doing. If that's hte then it's hte, If it's origins then it's origins.

@whoever posted above you, no I'm not asking for equality you simpleton. Read it before you post. I'm trying to give a constructive way for the devs to make more money and keep people happy.

What are you doing? (Besides being a royal dolt)

10. You have a 2 year badge, so you must remember how kaw was before HTE, before jorathe ebs and smoke signals.

People would pile into haunt clans and ban people from hitting pots unless they were the clan leaders/war participants.

It took two years to HL complete because of the building changes

The only way ATA got income to maintain servers was from chaos pack purchases and war xstals. No one bought xstals unless they were doing system wars, which gave us nothing because it was pre-mithril/pre-equipment

The summer of 2x gold/ 2x equip drop ebs was one of the most hectic summers ever. If a clan did not start the 2x eb ads exactly at 12pm pacific and have the eb running, it was insanely hard to get enough people to complete the ebs. 2x moutos ebs were the worst idea ever.

However, the 2x gold ebs were the best growth for smalls at that time, but no one was buying xstals to complete a 2x gold reckoning or 2x ambush.

We had this model already, and it did not net anywhere near the amount of gold that HTE does.

ROTWB and HTE are still free ebs, no one is forced to pay for it.

11. Total Support.

In my opinion, the summer of the 2x - 3x plunder on certain ebs was one of the best promotions ever. It really helped players of all sizes and promoted clan unity. Variety is the spice of life and all, and in case you forgot, there are 42 other ebs besides HTE. Yet probably close to half of the top 100 clans are just mindlessly hitting HTE (even when there isn't a promo).

I think it would be great to see temporary plunder increases on normal, non-paying ebs. Even if just regular haunting was included with these 150% promos. The devs did this last month and it was well received.

Regarding 'I want the same but free' argument, no, HTE participants will still receive an advantage given the higher starting plunder levels. There will always be players who pay to be on top, but offering plunder increases on normal ebs is a rising tide that lifts all boats.

Right now, these HTE/ROTWB promos are becoming so frequent and expected, it's almost like the devs are just adding this to the closing duties for the weekend. (last person hit the lights and turn on the HTE/ROTWB promo on the way out the door) :lol:

&

12. I'd be shocked if kaw_comm replied to this.

13. I remember those days that this actual idea had happened before i would love to see this happen again.

14. Hte has ruined this game, all the other ebs get ignored. I understand that hte brings in money,well so do other ebs, maybe I'd feel like spending if you gave me a reason.

Again hte has ruined this game,and if they take hte away many will quit, so you screwed yourself and thus ruined the game. The end

15. OP says crystals were never bought prior to HTE.. Are you on drugs?