Tier 5 KaW Build Calculator

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dark_assassin_lIllI, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

bump

2. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Thanks for the feedback. I know I have a few mistakes. Like the tier 4 lvl 2 def stats for one of the troop builds. But since I left the spreadsheet unlocked, you can fix it easily. LOL! I will fix these typos. Again, I really appreciate the feedback and all suggestions for improvement.

3. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

A-Dubb has made some modifications to the KaW Build Calculator posted above. As soon as I get the changes from him, I will post the next revision with fixes to some of the stat columns. Thank you all for your help!

Also, any thoughts on the max plunder column? I am on the verge of removing it. Or calling it "theoretical".

4. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Bump.

5. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Bump

6. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Thank you for a wonderful and extremely helpful calculator. What an amazing effort!

Thought I'd bring to your attention a small error: the unit def strength for lvl2 Cursed Foundry should be 1720, not 1000.

Obviously, what would make this even more incredible is a way of calculating ally value needed for max plunder, and ally bonus. But I think it will be a while before those formulas have been agreed upon.

Small wishlist: a cell for total stats, and a calculation of value range (from total stats x 10,000 to total stats x 30,000).

Thanks again!!

7. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

I was using it all the time! The job u did is amazing. But are you going to update it? Are u going to include the new lands? I need to know the new prices...

8. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

StoneFord,

First off, great work on the Build Calculator. It's fantastic.

I've downloaded it an tweaked it a bit and I have a couple of upgrade suggestions for you :) Specifically, in terms of helping a player answer the question, 'Should I explore a new land and build on it, or should I upgrade an existing building'. The answer being: whichever has the cheaper gold-to-stat ratio.

The summary below includes formulas that you should be able to paste directly into your calculator. It shows, for example, that it is more beneficial to upgrade from T3 to T4 than to explore the 5th highland.

Gold to stat ratio for exploring a new land and building on it
    [Cost of bldg + Cost of Next Land] / [Stats from Bldg]
    =($I9 + VLOOKUP($G$66+2,$G$73:$G$122,2))/(sum($O9:$R9) * 50)
    • Paste the above in cell Y9.
    • I only copy and past this on the lines for the lvl3 buildings.
    • I multiple by 50 to get the raw strength figure instead of 'bonus to allies' figure. However, as it is just a scalar multiple, its inclusion or exclusion is irrelevant.
    • The VLOOKUP has a "+2" because the first land is a castle (not counted in your #Built figure) and then one more to get to the 'next land'.
    • The formula references the highlands cost which are not yet in your build calculator. But as soon as you add them, then the formula will correctly reference them.

Gold to stat ratio for upgrading a building
    [Cost of bldg] / [*Marginal increase* in stats from bldg]
    =$I18/((sum($O18:$R18)-sum($O9:$R9))*50)
    • Paste the above in cell Z18.
    • I only copy and past this on the lines for the lvl3 buildings.
    • This takes T2 Def and compares it to T1 Def (both lvl3).
    • I multiple by 50 to get the raw strength figure instead of 'bonus to allies' figure. However, as it is just a scalar multiple, its inclusion or exclusion is irrelevant.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again for your work on this project

9. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Where do you get the calculator. They make things so difficult to find should have a tab for it.

10. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Any update for the highlands soon? would love to see it :)

11. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

bump

12. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Here you go. I updated it for highlands, corrected the incorrect defensive value of CF2 and Temple of Clarity, and I removed the plunder equations as they are nowhere near correct especially with highlands. Also locked row with stat totals for easy scrolling.

Enjoy:
    KINGDOMS AT WAR - BUILD CALCULATOR v3.0 by StoneFord UPDATED BY SEXWULF

13. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

BUMP!

14. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Thanks for the update Wulf !

15. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

BUMP

16. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Wulf,
    Thanks for updating the calculator. I fully support these changes. I particularly like what you've done with the land prices too. I'm always glad to see things like this live on.

Others,
    I reviewed a number of the suggested changes, and I am going to work on a further update.

My own personal gripe with the current spreadsheet is that DocsToGo doesn't like some of the cells. This dates back a long time. Since DocsToGo hasn't fixed their own problem, I might end up redoing the underlying calculations it can be edited on the iPhone.

-- StoneFord

17. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Too late now Stone, lol.

Wulf's is outdated by mine currently, with the castle update.

18. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Hahaha. Where is yours? I saw one with locked cells, and I liked keeping everything open for inspection. Though someone had a strength at 20% + BFA for fighting from pin... pretty nice.

19. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

This is a great asset thanks!!!

20. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Hey Guys,
    i downloaded:
    "KINGDOMS AT WAR - BUILD CALCULATOR v4.0 by Wulf - based on work by StoneFord"
    and filled everything exactly like i've built,
    but the Atk, Def, Spy Atk and Spy Def Stats are all different from the ones shown in my profile.
    Amount of Soldiers and Spies is correct thou...

Has there been an update on the calculations in KaW and the calculator is just not up to date
    or am i wrong somehow?