Tier 5 KaW Build Calculator

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dark_assassin_lIllI, Oct 23, 2010.

1. KaW Build Calculator Version 5.3 (2013-Jan-04)

Here is the latest version of the KaW Build Calculator.

Please note: This is not built nor maintained by A Thinking Ape and there are no guarantees that it will provide an accurate build statistic.

This is a KaW community effort -- many thanks go out to the many people who have contributed building information.

This latest revision can be edited on your iOS or Android device.
    It includes the latest Tier 5 building info, including the Level 3 stats released 29-August.

The latest version of the Build calculator is (conveniently) numbered version 5.3

You can download this from Google Docs:
    Download KaW Build Calculator V5.3.
    You can also open it within a browser on a PC to open with Google Docs:
    Open KaW Build Calculator V5.3

Please note:
    • These links do not work magically within iPhone KaW Forum Browser. You must copy the Download Link into Safari, and Use "Open In" to edit in a spreadsheet editor app. This worked well on the Android device I'm now using without issue. A personal computer should work as well, of course.

I've gotten a lot of questions on the Open link. I hope it makes sense that you can not edit the version I post for everyone. You have to use your own Google Docs account to make a copy to edit on the web. Or you can download it from that page to your phone or PC. (I hesitate to suggest third party smartphone apps and PC programs, but I've tested a few popular ones.)

Do not just open from within the iPhone KaW Forum browser, ok? I hope that helps.
    Please feel free to wall me with feedback.

New Features
    - Simplified equations are now compatible with iOS/Android XLS spreadsheet editing apps. No need for MS Excel. You can now edit from your cell phone! This now has been fully tested. It works.
    - Up to date as of 2012-Aug-29.
    - Gold in Millions to save space (optional columns are marked to be hidden)
    - Formatted to fit better on a phone.
    - Separate sum of the new Tier 5 buildings, by request
    - Added prices in "Bronze Bar" sale prices (for those who bank in bronze)

Just place the number of buildings in your current or desired kingdom's build. The refund amount is 20% of the "Total cost" column.

Example Build Stats (Bonus to Allies)
    Pure T5HLBC Builds
    8.95 / 5.95 / .04 / .04 M : Pure Attack
    6.82 / 8.96 / .04 / .04 M : Pure Defense
    8.20 / 8.20 / .04 / .04 M : Pure Balanced
    0.06 / 0.06 / 5.6 / 5.6 M : Pure Spy

Example Builds
    0.29 / 0.29 / 5.5 / 5.5 M : Big T5 HLBC Hansel
    .139 / .163 / .688 / .688 : Guild Hansel

[Edit Log]
    - Goodstory and many others in this thread found some errors in my excel spreadsheet. Many thanks to all of you keeping me honest.
    - _ShAdoW-llll_G_llll-AsSaSiN_ alerted me to the Level 1 stats update, fixing the attack stats.
    - Recent Credit goes to AnneVixen for finding an error in the Tier 2 defense tower costs which crept in during the re-pricing of Tier 4.

Again, many thanks go out to the many people who have contributed information.

See also: Wulf's excellent thread on Buildings and Land. He includes an older version of this spreadsheet.

[​IMG]

2. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 (draft) by StoneFord

Bump this is awesome

3. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

Bump

4. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

Darn it, mine was almost done

5. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

im still trying ti lurn how to use the build calculator ? but it is great

6. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

What about my guide?

7. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

Edited to explain History of this Thread...

I originally started this thread in 2010 when the Tier 4 prices came out. Long ago, President created the original spreadsheet. I merely decided to carry his work forward. This evolution allows you to edit the file on your phone. It works. Try it. I hope you like it.

8. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

Great Post! Nothing but respect :) . I hope u can answer the question i have: What's better for plunder? 2 T4 LVL1 buildings or 1 T4 LVL2 building?

9. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

Thanks for the calculator .

Theres smth I'm not sure,
    What's the meaning of .. 'plunder calculations' you're talking bout ?
    How it's working 

10. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2 by StoneFord

I am unsure. I found these on the forums, but they don't seem to correspond to my actual plunder
    :?

Lady Morgana caught a few errors, so I am working on V2.1

Actually it is done, but I cannot figure out how to upload the Excel spreadsheet into Google Docs without changing the link (which I had done before).

11. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.1 by StoneFord

Version 2.1 is out. The bonus to allies is now correct, and I added a link to the source of the plunder cap information (for whatever it is worth)

12. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.1 by StoneFord

I mean how it's calculated  .

My brain cells are dead trying to figure it out lol .

Anyways, I don't think it's fixed, cause it can change with pots etc =|

13. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.1 by StoneFord

I don't know how it is calculated. Sholron and the Plunder Cap thread did not give the calculations in a way I could use. I will let that be a mystery for now, and challenge someone to figure it out. :)

Oh, I think your Iron Cannon attack should be 51,800. Not 54,800. The bonus to allies is (Unit Cap*Unit Stat)/50 or equivalently (Strength)/50 across the board, except for Tier 1.

You'll notice that my War Aviary Level 1 ans 2 building stats are different than in OoWoWee's calculator. Other than that we both match.

14. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.1 by StoneFord

Ok. Ill check on your calculator again and change the stats according to it when free :)

15. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.1 by StoneFord

Thanks so much StoneFord! Is this the newest version 2.1?

So from your spreadsheet it appears to be better to buy balance build for maximum max plunder build for growing? Correct?

Why is there no Plunder Factor for tier4 builds?

Thanks again!

16. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

I just added the plunder factors for the Tier 4 and Strongholds from another forum post by iblanchas.

All feedback is welcome.

17. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Wow thanks for the update!

Just realised that the Spy build T2 is not worth it for plunder as compared to previous where you have level 4!!

18. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

StoneFord,
    Thank you for your spreadsheet. I use it daily and it has really helped me learn the game.

A very common question I encounter and ask for myself is about max plunder. I understand the way to test to see if I have it, but it would be very helpful if your spreadsheet calculated a total value of allies a particular build should have in order to be at max plunder.

I'm not entirely sure what the formula would be. I see several in the forums.

It would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.

19. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

Mmumme,
    I am glad you find the spreadsheet useful. I too am interested in finding out how to calculate the allies required for max plunder. I haven't read an authoritative post yet, but I haven't read them all. So if there's information out there, I am all eyes.
    -- StoneFord

20. Re: Tier 4 KaW Build Calculator V2.2 by StoneFord

I've also been trying to figure out the transition from T3 to T4. The stat bump is 5x (lvl3:lvl3), but the troops are 2000:1200.

Because of this, is there any point where a mix of T3 and T4 is better than all T4?
    By better, I mean stronger at attacking and/or earning money (which may be separate questions).

I'm thinking about the math, but I'm a bit lost in it.

Does anyone know the calculation of how many troops are used per attack?
    I've heard 4% of one's max when the attacker is overpowering, like when attacking an osf.
    I've also heard 8% when attacking an equally matched opponent, but I'm about to check that.
    And, how would this factor in to answering the above question?

I'd love to hear some thoughts.

(Also, I'm starting to track my plunder as I upgrade. I haven't dipped below max plunder by test yet, but I'm monitoring it. Several points along a line could begin to yield an equation.)