Complete OSW Ally Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by -Rusted_Knight_of_Serenity-, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Contents

I have given y'all two formats to read this information. Either as a whole, by reading this post, or by clicking on a subject below for just that information. I did that to make it easier for players to quickly get the information they want to read without scrolling through the other subjects.
    Note: I am crossing out the sections about Ally bombs and all content relating to it due to the fact that the Developers decided to end that function for some damn reason.

1.) Max Plunder
    [​IMG]

2.) Bombs
    [​IMG]

3.) Volley, Ally Trade Market, Ally Prices for copy and paste, PC
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4.) Smarter Active Ally Search
    [​IMG]

5.) Bonus From Allies (BFA)
    [​IMG]

6.) Proper Banking
    [​IMG]

7.) Clan Banks
    [​IMG]

8.) Ally Cleaning
    [​IMG]

9.) Strip Farming & Tracking
    [​IMG]

10.) Terror Stripping
    [​IMG]

11.) OSW Ally Protection
    [​IMG]

12.) Pure Spies with allies in OSW and Links to other ally guides and thanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Introduction

This forum guide is being posted to consolidate ally guides into one forum post as well as to post more information on allies. From the ally trade market, bfa, to basic OSW techniques and tactics.

Note, information on tracking, cleaning, and banks will be basic strategy and will not include advance methods. All advance methods are trades that were hard taught and must be learned by studying the craft. Still, information given should be extremely helpful for those newer clans looking to get into OSW.

The reason why I am adding information about allies importance in OSW is to help new clans looking to OSW for the first time. There is only a handful of OSW clans left and there are more cfs between those clans then there are clans left to fight. Hopefully this guide will be a great starting tool to help eb and ee clans convert to OSW clans.

[​IMG]

Max Plunder.

Basic MP Ally Information

Max Plunder or MP is the one of the most important things you should do in the game. A lot of new players make the mistake of wanting people to buy their max plunder allies for quick upgrades.

Trust me when I say this, your ally is worth more than your upgrade. You will earn more gold keeping it. Also, the stats of your allies does not relate to the plunder. Only the cost of your ally relates to the plunder you make from having your ally.

I personally believe that your max plunder (MP) ally should be over priced. In the ideal situation, it should be your Ally Bomb, which will be discussed in detail in the next chapter. Over priced MP allies insure that you keep that ally for a long time. It is an essential part of the game. You can get into active allies for bfa and ally trade after you establish your MP ally.

Testing Max Plunder Ally
    [​IMG]

Simple:
    With full attack troops.
    -Hire an ally,
    -Hit your eb and note the plunder on the 1st hit.
    -Regen
    -hire another ally or volley your current one and note the plunder on the 1st hit.
    -Repeat until you are not making anymore gold.

Do this until your plunder no longer goes up. Also, if your ally is between 40 and 60 bill, you will already have max plunder. That is because there is a plunder cap you can make from allies.

[​IMG]

Here is a link to another guide for Max Plunder Allies.

Max Plunder

Bombs

Bombs are now Defunct. Enjoy the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Volley

What is a Volley

A volley is where 2 or more accounts hire a single account over and over and over and over and over again. It is a great method of making gold and helping new players out!

Basic overview

Every time you hire an ally, that allies cost rises up by 5% and each time someone hires your ally you will make a 1.6% profit from that hire. For the account getting hired, you will also receive a gold bonus. The gold made from being hired will top off at 1 million gold a hire. This is set to 1 million because after your initial volley you will have enough gold to create a build that can effectively hit tier 1 ebs and other smaller accounts on battle list.

[​IMG]
    Group Volley

Group Volleying is a dying art in todays game. One that if used properly could increase you clans income dramatically, even when in OSW.

The basic overview is this. Get 5 to 6 members with 20-60 bill out an another account with 75 bill out. Have those 5 or 6 players volley an ally and then the player with 75 bill keeps the ally.

This technique is great for gold making and the price range you are willing to spend on group volleys is up to the clan. This is a great way to make gold for your clan if you want to drive up the cost on your bombs, alts, and active allies.

***Group volleys are a preferred strategy to volleying up ally bombs***

Smarter Active Ally Search

What is Smarter Active Ally Hires?

This chapter is to help break you into the ally trading market. I will discuss better ways to search for active allies that will sell faster.

Basic information

On Active Allies, there are a few things you want to check on their profile before you even click Hire!

-Activity: It is important to check their EB history to see if your new potential ally is active or not. I would also suggest tracking their W/L/Q (Win/Loss/Quest) count once a day for a few days. If they are recording over 70 to 300 plus actions a day constantly, then they will be a great hire!
    -Stats: Stats are important for resale value. If your ally is getting high activity, but is a Shadow Hansel, that ally will probably never grow. It is good to check your allies stats and find one willing to grow.

Clan Events

My favorite way of finding an active ally is through Clan Events. I save up gold that I am willing to spend the. Search the EB section of clan events. Then gauging the ally market at the time I search through multiple ebs to get a grasp of what the current price is for active allies at a certain price and cs level.

From that I then look to find a cheaper ally, track their activity, then hire them. This is an amazing way to gauge average prices of an ally at a certain price range. Doing this will benefit you as you enter the ally trade market!

Ally Price For Copy and Paste.

Ally Price No commas

Ally Trade Market

There is an excellent post already made for this subject so I will simply post the link.

Ally Trade

Ally Traiding Hub

BFA

What is BFA

BFA means Bonus from Allies. Every ally you hire, their CS is calculated into your total stats. To better gauge how much an ally adds to your strength the math is simple.

2% of your allies CS or Combined Stats to Ally is the boost to your CS.

Now BFA and BFE (Bonus From Equipment) Are hidden stats and will not show on your profile for other players to see.

[​IMG]

Here is a link to another clan with info on BFA as well as a lot of other info on allies.

Awesome ally Guide

Ally Costs

Here is a link to a post that the cost of allies without commas. This link is great for PC users to copy and paste from.

Ally Price No commas

Banking

Introduction

Banking is an important part of saving your gold when in an active pvp. From 1v1, EE, 1vMany, OSW, or any other player vs player actions to include being stripped. I will go over in this chapter a few different ways to bank your gold.

Bronze Bars

BB or Bronze Bars are a quick way to store gold in a safe bank that can not be touched by your enemy. I will always recommend to everyone to at least have enough bronze bars to reach max plunder.

BB is now also more attractive to buy with the new Equipment that is dropped from the Scrag the Bloodless EB's

A note to remember, All gold spent on buying BB or any other items in the marketplace tax you 25% of your gold spent.

Bronze Bars cost 30,000,000 a piece and sell for 22,500,000 a piece.

[​IMG]

Allies

Banking in allies is a smart way of quickly banking your gold without the loss you would get from banking in pots.

One way to do this is to unload your troops to reach DTW, then go to the ally market and quickly hire more allies.

A smart strategy is to buy up a bunch of allies ranging from 5 to 10 bill. This allows you to have a large percentage of back page allies.

If you are banking due to a strip, I recommend buying some bronze bars so that when you reset your bomb (preferably when the stripper is asleep) you have enough gold to volley your ally back up.

Banking in allies is a preferred method of banking because you do not lose the gold you would from bronze bars.

Other Notes

When being stripped, it is a good idea to replenish lost pots before banking in allies. Spy Defense pots are an important aspect of the game and should never be left to run dry.

Clan Banks

What is a Clan Bank

[​IMG]

A clan bank is a highly active account, most likely an alt, that is outside of your clan. It's main role is to build up as much gold as possible so that it can hire allies from your front line accounts. (accounts that do the ally hiring) in doing this, making funds more available for multiple hire end strips.

How to operate a bank

Simple, fall in line of the typical eb fairy. Avoid pvp at all cost and hit the most cost effective ebs out there. Engage in group volleys, but stay away from ally trades. If a bank is in an ally trade market, they are more likely to be discovered if you haven't cleaned the allies well enough. Plus, your home clan should be helping in that aspect (By hiring from your frontline accounts and those frontline account hiring from their perspective banks.)

Other Needed Information.

Ideally, only 1 or 2 people in your clan should know who your bank is. (You and the owner of the clan possibly.) if not just yourself only.

During times of peace, you should have your clan hire your allies and in turn hire your bank allies so that it can create more open funds incase of an OSW.

Never, I mean NEVER have your bank hire directly from the player you are stripping. That is for your main, frontline account.

Your bank should not have towers, but your main frontline account should have a stupid amount of spy defense towers. Towers will slow the rate of gold made by your bank. But Towers will protect your frontline account assets.

When your bank buys allies from the market, it should be between 10 to 50 bill so that your clan can easily buy any allies you hire from your bank.

There is a lot of other information, techniques, and strategies that go with banks, but those are ones that are privileged information that should be learned from experience or through private channels.

Ally Cleaning

Basic Overview

OSW are wars of pride and sometimes it takes a long time to beat the pride of your targets. For this, some OSW can last 6 months or longer. To prevent your banks for filling up with the allies it hires during OSW, needs to be hired back. So this is why ally cleaning is important.

Cleaning Allies

The basics of cleaning allies is simple. You need to, as a clan, hire stripped allies from your clans frontline accounts. In turn, your clans front line accounts will buy allies from their banks to open up it's funds.

Some alliances will open up entire clans used to rinse and clean allies. What is important is for the front line accounts to operate with a healthy back page of allies. This is because, again, most banks are discovered from when a bank hires multiple allies from a front liners front page ally list.

Now clans will also filter back page allies from trusted players to the front liners to keep a healthy back page for your frontliners. Once a frontliner is stripped, that player will have to build their allies back up before they can hire back from their banks. This is why it is always wise to have multiple banks attacked with multiple frontliners.

Dirty trick of cleaning allies and bank protection - convince some random player to hire a few of your front liners front page allies. There are plenty of stories of how X clan stripped Y player because X clan thought Y player was a bank. This trick sometimes results in Y players clan declaring war against X clan. Remember war is not just a game of action but more so a game of deception.

Again, there is so much more that can be taught and told about Cleaning Allies, but it is privileged information. Information that should be learned or taught through private channels. Still the above is a great starting reference to clans new to the OSW style of play.

Strip Farming and Tracking

OSW's today focus more on stripping today than pinning. This chapter will give you a basic understanding on how to track your enemy and strip away their allies and gold.

Tracking

Tracking your enemy is the most important aspect of strip farming. If you do not track their active times correctly, then you risk complete failure.

The most common technique of tracking is recording their W/L/Q (Win/Lost/Quest) record every 15 minutes for a few days. Spreadsheets will be a great benefit to you when tracking your enemy.

After marking down their times for a few days you will start to get what hours they are commonly offline. That is the time you should strip your target.

Also be sure to double check their active times every 5 to 10 minutes leading up to the strip to make sure they are inactive. (asleep or at work/school)

Stripping

[​IMG]

Each clan is unique with how they go about stripping. I will tell y'all a basic safe way to strip an ally most effectively.

After tracking is complete, it is a good idea to give advance warning to your clan of when the next strip will take place. It is important to properly coordinate your strips because a high number of actions are needed to drain your opponent.

After the time is set, your Frontline accounts (See Clan Banking) will start to hire your targets allies. I would suggest that the first 60 to 90 full bars of steals to be performed by trusted members only. You do not want a mole to blow the whistle on you too fast.

After 90 bars of steals or as many bar up to 90 as possible, I would open it up to cc and let the rest of your clan drain your target. When posting in CC, or a 3rd party app, saying +1 means that you ran a full bar of mostly successful steals on you opponent. A +0.5 means you failed half your hits.

You need to gather 8,632 successful steals to completely drain a target. It doesn't matter if they have 500 bill in allies or if they are Redstar, the successful hit count is the same.

The average number of steals using a full bar is at 16 - 18 hits (granted a few fails)

This means you are aiming for 500 to 565 to 600 full bars to be dumped on your target to completely drain them. (A clan with 100 members would need 5 xtals each to drain a target. Though, a complete drain is not 2,877 will drain 90% of your targets gold and 3,743 takes 95%.

3,743 divided by 17 is 220
    220 divided by 80 is 2.75
    So if you have 80 members and the average member drops 1 xstal that strip will yield 240 bars of steals. Then lets safely assume that 17 hits is the average bar. That means 4080 successful steals was landed against your target. Right there is a 95% plus take. A very successful strip.

Now if your clan only has 60 members, no xstals, and was forced into OSW, 60 times 17 = 1,020 steals. That is around 64ish% take.

It is also good to have trusted friends in outside clans to help dump a few bars on your target to make your strips more cost effective.

Below is an actual rate of how many times you must successfully steal from a target

1% = 13 steals
    5% = 65 steals
    10% = 132 steals
    25% = 360 steals
    50% = 867 steals
    75% = 1,733 steals
    90% = 2,877 steals
    95% = 3,743 steals
    99% = 5,754 steals
    99.9% = 8,632 steals

Another link to basic strip info

Basic Strip Guide

Terror Strips

Terror and MP strips are a declining but effective and simple strategy in OSW. It is also highly effective with frustrating your enemy and taking them out of the strip war.

The basic technique is after stripping a target, generally the target will liquidate gold to get a max plunder ally. You then strip that ally and the defender liquidates their reserve bank (BB) to get another MP ally. You repeat this process.

Terror strips can take place when the target is known to be asleep or if you find common breaks in activity.

You do not need to drop xtals to terror strip, and attacking your target then skimming is preferred on top of strips.

Eventually your target will stop fielding allies and you will effectively eliminate that target from ever being able to fund strips against you and your clan.

[​IMG]

**Personal note: I believe the reason we are seeing longer and longer OSW's is due to the fact that instead of actively pinning and terror stripping our opponents, many clans are relying on epic battle for strip funds. I have seen that in the OG/UC/Apoc vs Zaft/WDGAF war.

I believe that if you set battle teams in clan, you will run a more effective war.

Example:
    All teams burn CA's pots.
    Team A: Use troops on EB for strip funds and repot
    Team B: Keep X-Targets Pinned.
    Team C: Terror Strip X-Targets when able, help team B pin with spies, hit eb for funds.
    Team X: (admin, owners, and front line war hub)

Note: that is a basic example. You can get into complex team strategies, but that is privileged information and should only be discussed in private or amongst your clan.

OSW Ally Protection.

Overview

Now that you know the basics of striping your enemies allies, it is time to learn how to protect your allies. This chapter will go over playing possum, clan scout checks, and what not to do when being stripped.

Playing Possum

Now we all know that tracking is important. It is always important to know that your enemy will also be tracking you. Playing Possum can be one of the most helpful and simple techniques in this game to help you keep your allies.

You simply do not hit anything, quest, ebs, targets, for an x amount of time on a consistent schedule. You also will want to stay off of cc, wc, and forums as well as any 3rd party app. You may talk to trusted members in pm during that time, but the less trusting you are, the more protective you are. Moles are everywhere.

Scout and Roster Checks

Every clan in OSW has a title system. I will go over a common and basic one below.

First thing that admins should do is title there members clan rank and number of allies.

Example: Clan Rank - Number of Allies.

#1 Bob
    Title 1-20

#2 Bill
    Title 2-4

#3 Berry
    Title 3-14

#4 Candice
    Title 4.1-5

#5 IIllIIAnnoyingIIllIBarcodelllIIl
    Title 4-3

The example above will be explained in greater detail below

Bob is the biggest guy in your clan, his title reads 1-20. When checking for strips, any clan member with over 20 allies needs to be scout checked.

Scout Checking is when you scout your ally to check if they have spies. If they do not have spies, then they are probably being stripped. It is useful to ss your clan mates allies front page of allies. If they have changed around and you see that they are in enemy hands, that account is being stripped.

For members with less than 20 allies, it is more practical to just open up their profile and count how many allies they currently have.

Now, in my example #4 Candice is titled 4.1-5. This means that Candice is a guest. Instead of re-titling your entire clan for when a trusted guest joins your clan, it makes more sense to make their title Clan Rank.1-Number of allies.

Clan rank is titled, because in many cases, a player can drop multiple spots in clan rank after being stripped and is a quick indicator for your clan mates.

Scout and Roster checks should be performed every 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the activity of your enemy.

What to do when a clan mate is stripped. How to be ready to get stripped

[​IMG]

Well there goes your buddies allies and the enemy is dumping spies on him or her. After announcing in cc that X player was stripped, you will assassinate your friend.

Assassination kills spies and troops. An enemy can steal from any account that has open money as long as that account is not DTW on troops. So assassinating him or her is the first step in protecting your allies gold but it is a short time fix. **Do Not Attack.**

The first and second time you assassinate you clan mate to DTW, your enemy will still be able to steal until your clan mate comes out of pin for attack and assassinate. (15 minutes) The third time onward your clan mate will be dtw to steals for 5 minutes and it will still take them 15 minutes to come out of DTW before you are able to assassinate them back to DTW. That allows the stripper a ten minute window to steal between assassinating you to dtw.

This is a quick technique to protect your clan mate as you attempt to wake your friend up. (line is a common and safe app for alerting sleeping clan mates.) That and any other 3rd party app that alerts your phone is a wise download to protect you and your clan mates gold.

Here is an amazing thread on fight mechanics that also explains this mechanic.

Battle Mechs and info on strip protection

What not to do when being stripped

Do Not:

-Buy back your allies.
    -Cry on their walls
    -Noob rage and reset drop build.
    -Take it personally
    -Throw your phone
    -Get silenced
    -Beg for a cf

Pure Spies and Allies

This is a strategy that AshesOfEden gave me to put here.

Step 1: Do Not Get Distracted

[​IMG]

Step 2: Buy 1 big nasty statless overpriced bomb. Due to this no longer being a function. This entire plan is pretty much voided.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Sleep like a baby as a pure spy.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Wake up and buy a powerful stable to go from pure spy to hansel and pin troops on eb with a mp bomb!

[​IMG]

That is a good technique to having an ally in OSW as a pure spy. If you do not want to risk losing gold fast, then I suggest to go into OSW without an ally. Pure spies with gold out are easily stripped. This is because with out any troops to pin as long as you have gold out, your enemy can attack you relentlessly until they take all of your gold. -That mechanic was what dawned the Open Spy Farm or OSF and it was a popular build during the PWAR era.

Links to more ally Guides and Thanks

Links:

BFA CS Converter! My other Guide!

Ally Trade

Max Plunder

Basic Strip Guide

Battle Mechs and info on strip protection

Ally Traiding Hub

Ally Price No commas

Awesome ally Guide

Special Thanks goes to:
    [​IMG]

For help with this post:
    Liz: Editor
    AshesOfEden: Information Help
    lllDlllElllAlllDlll: Co-Editor
    Jester: Banner Picture!

For helping me learn the ally system through my time in kaw:

SirAydenOfFoxes
    Aydens_Mommy
    joe_
    Galan_Dracos
    BabyJen
    Zarko
    Wulf
    _ Allison_
    Towel
    Cherry

Clans I was/am in:
    Foxes
    New Age

Clans I fought:
    Regulators
    .Alpha.
    Last Rights
    Yafi
    Zaft

And to all of the players who have posted ally guides on forums.

If it wasn't for those listed above I would have never known any of this information nor would I have even learned the true fun of off system pvp. Every clan I have ever been at war against or been a clan farm of has only pushed me to learn more, think more, and play more. I hope this guide helps new players starting this game. I also hope it gives that push for clans new to OSW to keep fighting and fighting effectively.

"If we are laughing, we are winning" ~ Gamehendge.

2. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Reserve

3. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Wow. Very, very nice!

4. Re: Complete Ally Guide

thanks. I have worked on this guide for a little while now. This information is to help all clans and players. It is also here in hopes to help clans that are new to OSW have a guide that will help them war.

5. Re: Complete Ally Guide

TL;DR. Giving advice and have no allies and not had any for a while

6. Re: Complete Ally Guide

I am a zaft carnage., ul, and corp farm. Been so for over 2 months. They generally strip me everytime I buy an ally. I will randomly volly my bomb up so to unload on the to get some gold to get some attack pots. Still, my situation does not negate my knowledge.

7. Re: Complete Ally Guide

This needs to be in best of!!! 

I hope those who are starting to enjoy the osw's and other finer mechanics of the game will benefit from this cos this is a big part of what makes kaw a complex and enjoyable game..

Great work Rusted!

8. Re: Complete Ally Guide

9. Re: Complete Ally Guide

I did not read the thread, but still i love it bcoz of image contents.
    I never stripping in kaw, can be related to stripping.
    Well nice thread, it was the most extra ordinary thread i have ever seen.

10. Re: Complete Ally Guide

11. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Nice job.

12. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Crap missed some BB codes. Other than that it looks great RK

13. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Great information.

Great job.

14. Re: Complete Ally Guide

This is a super informative thread awesome job!

15. Re: Complete Ally Guide

I mean its decent

16. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Good Guide. Deserves a sticky

17. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Best thread I've ever seen on allies

18. Re: Complete Ally Guide

Edit

19. Re: Complete Ally Guide

It's a great thread rusted 

Don't mean to be a ass for this :?

But I'm able to reset on kindle with alts, doesn't have to be PC. You just need it linked to fb

But other than that awesome thread :cool:

20. Re: Complete Ally Guide

You must be linked to facebook to reset on pc

You must be linked to reset on device.