[UPDATE]Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Discussion in 'Guides' started by IIIVladIII, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Lately (well not exactly "lately"...its more like "since forever") I've seen people complaining about actions taking to much time on Android. The problem is not with KaW application but with Android window, transition and effect animations being set to high by default. So here is a short and simple guide about how anyone (root is not required) can disable and improve their KaW user experience.

First you need to go to "Developer options" in Settings:

[​IMG]

If "Developer options" are hidden in order to activate it you need to tap on "About device" and go tap 7x on "Build number":

[​IMG]

Once "Developer options" its activated tap on it, scroll down and set the animations like in screenshot bellow.

[​IMG]

Additionally you can check the following 3 options:

[​IMG]

The steps needed for HTC devices

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steps needed for NEXUS devices or devices running on AOSP/AOKP/CM/GPE roms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later edit:

Found an old Android running GB 2.3 in a drawer so I'm able to provide screenshots about how animations can be disabled on devices bellow Android 4.0. So here it is:

Step 1: Go to Settings - Display

[​IMG]

Step 2: Tap on "Animation" (by default its set on "All animations are shown")

[​IMG]

Step 3: Select "No animations"

[​IMG]

Update for devices running KitKat (Android 4.4)

If your phone is running on KitKat (Android 4.4) there's big chances to have ART (Android runtime support). ART offer performance and stability improvements. In order to switch to ART from Dalvik runtime you need to go to your old friend "Developer option", scroll down and tap on "Select runtime system"

[​IMG]

Tap on "USE ART"

[​IMG]

Your phone will automatically reboot. First boot will take a while (5-10minutes) so be patient and don't get scared :-D

The only downside for using ART is that application takes up to 25% more storage space.

Disclaimer 1: ART is still in development stage so not every application have ART support. Some will have issues, for others you might not be able to install at all. But Kingdoms at War (and most of common apps) supports ART and there is a huge difference between ART and Dalvik runtime. If one of the applications used by you do not support ART you can switch to ART before your EE war and switch back to Dalvik once your its war its finished.

Disclaimer 2: if you are using Xposed Framework its MANDATORY to disable Xposed Franework BEFORE switching to ART. But anyway, if you don't know what Xposed Framework is then you are safe. For sure you don't have it. And if you do know what Xposed Framework is for sure you already know that ART is causing bootloap if you have Xposed Framework enabled.

Happy faster KaWing! Ty

renamed365 likes this.
  2. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Thanks for this ill have a look :)

3. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Ty Vlad! Going a billion times faster xD

4. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

My game is actually going faster haha. Chat regreshes faster + pages load quicker

tyvm :)

5. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

You can switch all animations off completely. You can also limit the amount of background processes allowed. Mines set at a maximum of 1 lol.

6. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

I just completely disabled the first 3 options. Phone works faster and i honestly done even notice the missing animations.

5 stars Vlad.

7. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Yes Zeus. you are right. I posted the wrong screenshot. Supposed to be the one with "animaton off". Is fixed now.

8. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Holy cow that's much faster

9. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

What are the downsides?

10. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

That's the good thing: there's no downsides. Its just a simple hidden feature on Android phones. Actually there's a pro: disabling animations does slightly improve your battery life.

11. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Sweet! Phones going faster! Thanks Vlad!

12. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Thanks!

13. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Question: will they affect other apps?

14. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

How do you get it to work on htc? Can't did developer tool

15. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

I was really hoping you would accidentally post your phones serial number and other important info

16. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Excellent post. Did sum1 say STICKY

17. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Found it. Ty google

18. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

@Randomguy: all your applications will work faster.

19. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Well, I'd love to try it but my tablet runs android 3.2.1, probably bad...

20. Re: Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Wow, this really works and my kaw is faster now. Thanks a lot Vlad :)