[UPDATE]Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Check out our featured guides.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: [UPDATE]Simple guide to improve KaW experience on Android

Postby CherryDarling on Mar 21 2017, 9:09am

I found on the nexus one you need to click 5 times on the build number under about.
CherryDarling

Postby TheLost420 on Mar 22 2017, 3:44am

TheLost420 wrote:
IIII-Vladimir-IIII wrote:
TheLost420 wrote:Still working good on my other phone... I have a question for anybody that may have an lg g5... Is ur battery draining faster since the last update from lg? And is there a way 2 uninstall it? Sadly this is my 4th phone... Was thinking hardware issues at 1st. Thinking its a software issue now. Cant seem 2 get any real help from lg or at&t... oh we will just replace ur device.. smdh

If it's the Nougat update being basically a totally new base a factory reset is recommended (don't forget to make a backup first) and once you reinstall everything (try to avoid to install apps from backups) let it few days to settle.

no its not the nougat update (should be getting it next month maybe) its an update where lg added the menu and app drawer. At 1st lg g5 was missing the app drawer I was like wtf no... lol

Well I finally gotten the nougat update. Im not happy with it. After update I did factory reset and I dont install from back up. But still having major battery draining issues just being in standby mode... 3 batteries in an 8 hour work day just insane...
TheLost420

Postby IIII-Vladimir-IIII on Mar 22 2017, 6:09am

Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats?
IIII-Vladimir-IIII

Postby ____Aeron_Xander____ on Mar 23 2017, 7:21am

Ty really helped improve speed 
____Aeron_Xander____

Postby IC_Spider570_IC on Apr 2 2017, 5:02am

IIIVladIII wrote:Lately (well not exactly "lately"...its more like "since forever") I've seen people complaining about actions taking to much time on Android. The problem is not with KaW application but with Android window, transition and effect animations being set to high by default. So here is a short and simple guide about how anyone (root is not required) can disable and improve their KaW user experience.

First you need to go to "Developer options" in Settings:

If "Developer options" are hidden in order to activate it you need to tap on "About device" and go tap 7x on "Build number":

Once "Developer options" its activated tap on it, scroll down and set the animations like in screenshot bellow.

Additionally you can check the following 3 options:

The steps needed for HTC devices

Steps needed for NEXUS devices or devices running on AOSP/AOKP/CM/GPE roms

Later edit:

Found an old Android running GB 2.3 in a drawer so I'm able to provide screenshots about how animations can be disabled on devices bellow Android 4.0. So here it is:

Step 1: Go to Settings - Display

Step 2: Tap on "Animation" (by default its set on "All animations are shown")

Step 3: Select "No animations"

Update for devices running KitKat (Android 4.4)

If your phone is running on KitKat (Android 4.4) there's big chances to have ART (Android runtime support). ART offer performance and stability improvements. In order to switch to ART from Dalvik runtime you need to go to your old friend "Developer option", scroll down and tap on "Select runtime system"

Tap on "USE ART"

Your phone will automatically reboot. First boot will take a while (5-10minutes) so be patient and don't get scared :-D

The only downside for using ART is that application takes up to 25% more storage space.

Disclaimer 1: ART is still in development stage so not every application have ART support. Some will have issues, for others you might not be able to install at all. But Kingdoms at War (and most of common apps) supports ART and there is a huge difference between ART and Dalvik runtime. If one of the applications used by you do not support ART you can switch to ART before your EE war and switch back to Dalvik once your its war its finished.

Disclaimer 2: if you are using Xposed Framework its MANDATORY to disable Xposed Franework BEFORE switching to ART. But anyway, if you don't know what Xposed Framework is then you are safe. For sure you don't have it. And if you do know what Xposed Framework is for sure you already know that ART is causing bootloap if you have Xposed Framework enabled.

Happy faster KaWing! Ty

IC_Spider570_IC

Postby XxX___Mad_Hatter___XxX on Apr 2 2017, 5:28am

This is something my partner showed me a few years back.
It most definitely helps decrease the strain on your phones Ram, and makes for a happy Kaw'er :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but another helpful tip from the other half was to remember to reset your phone daily, just like a PC.

Also limit the amount of apps running in the background.

You can select to restrict certain apps from using data in background thru settings :)

And one more tip that may be helpful. Empty your phones 'cache partition' regularly. I do it every month.
You can do this from the start up menu.
(Usually accessed once your phone restarts by holding down the Home Key, Volume Up & Lock button all at the same time. Tho it could be different on some Droids)

It'll keep your phone running faster for longer :)
XxX___Mad_Hatter___XxX

Postby BigGreenRunLiKeADeer on Apr 2 2017, 10:39am

OK. Fixing to go try this. is there anything to do for windows 10 on laptop? Thank You
BigGreenRunLiKeADeer

Postby ---Ruthless--- on Apr 11 2017, 10:59am

Bump
---Ruthless---

Postby IIII-Vladimir-IIII on Apr 17 2017, 4:58pm

XxX___Mad_Hatter___XxX wrote:This is something my partner showed me a few years back.
It most definitely helps decrease the strain on your phones Ram, and makes for a happy Kaw'er :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but another helpful tip from the other half was to remember to reset your phone daily, just like a PC.

Also limit the amount of apps running in the background.

You can select to restrict certain apps from using data in background thru settings :)

And one more tip that may be helpful. Empty your phones 'cache partition' regularly. I do it every month.
You can do this from the start up menu.
(Usually accessed once your phone restarts by holding down the Home Key, Volume Up & Lock button all at the same time. Tho it could be different on some Droids)

It'll keep your phone running faster for longer :)

Few remarks...

Clearing cache has only one effect... Will cause redraws next time when you open the application. Cache files are created especially to speed up launching time. You erase the cache files and then one? Will be created again next time when you open the application.
Limiting the amount of background processes have effect only on very old devices with low ram memory. On "today" devices limiting the background processes will just create an artificial bottleneck. Even low end devices are coming with 2Gb of ram memory. More than enough to handle several background processes. Especially if in a combination with Lollipop. About flagship devices really not need to talk. All flagships are coming with +3Gb of RAM memory.
Just an example:

Why on Earth would I limit the amount of background processes when I have over 3.5Gb of free ram? Ok, this device have 6Gb of ram which is overkill even by today standards. But even with 3 or 4Gb ram would be absolutely not needed to limit the background proccesses.
IIII-Vladimir-IIII

Postby monkey__poo on Apr 17 2017, 8:19pm

lol why the he'll hasn't this thread been stickied yet? ...what you run out of post it notes or something? Take one off of one of Ashes lame threads and put if here :D
monkey__poo

PreviousNext

Return to Guides