How NOT to make a Reset Bomb

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Odysseus, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reset bombs have become popular lately, but I've noticed that some people seem unclear as to how they work. The purpose of a reset bomb is to make the person stripping the bomb lose the hire price when the bomb resets. This makes the target unattractive to strip. Why strip if you're going to lose the same amount as the target did, right? However, there is a right way and a wrong way to make a reset bomb.

1) Don't make a reset bomb that will cost you more if you reset than it will the person stripping it. If you upgrade your bomb too much, you may put more time and money into it than what the stripper will lose. Example:

Let's say your bomb is named Resilient_Bomb and has stats of 3.3m/3.1m/1m/1.6m and a hire price of 412b. You've put more money into it than the person stripping will lose. They lose roughly 430b after reset. You spent more than that on land alone. Plus,if your bomb is a clan member fighting in your war, you lose that account's contributions to your war.

2) Don't enchant hard to enchant items to maximum. Greaves are hard to enchant to maximum. Mine have reset more times than I care to think about. I've spent over 100 inferno on them easily. If you put all that effort and cash into getting your items to maximum, you're going to be reluctant to reset. And people will know it.

3) Don't advertise. Think Bre'r Rabbit and the briar patch. The more you advertise to people you have a bomb, say by doing something like putting "I make things go boom!" in your banner, the more they'll look at it. And if you KNOW you really DON'T want it hired for the reasons above, they're going to figure it out too.

4) If you DO make these mistakes, don't taunt the people who stripped you to expose your ignorance in front of all of KaW. You made a mistake. Own up to it and move on. Don't compound it by making lame cover stories like "I'm just waiting for you to volley it before resetting it" Why would they volley it? They KNOW it's a bomb. Just because you were stupid, doesn't mean everyone else is. "I spent the money on upgrades" doesn't work either. They know better. And besides, that doesn't make you any less stupid for making a bomb you couldn't explode, does it?

Now, I know you're thinking. Those are beginner mistakes. A veteran player wouldn't do that. Not true. Ask Resilient_ZombieTrooper (Or Zombie Pooper, as we call him). Veteran players can and do make beginner mistakes. Hopefully now that he's read this, he won't make the same mistakes again.

2. o_O why wouldn't u advertise that u have a bomb? I mean... Then they probably won't buy it :|

3. Point if a bomb is to cause some havoc after you get stripped... It's not like you actually want them to hire it so they'll money, it's to scare them from buying it BECAUSE they'll lose the money o_O

4. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

5. Don't you make fun of Zombie Trooper. You leave him alone.

He's actually a really nice guy and is not a "pooper" as you claim. This one time, I turned into a dog, and he helped me. So take it easy on him, ok?

6. Correct. The point is to make your enemy lose money. Not for you to lose money AND give your enemy a good ally.

7. Clumsy, good to see you with an allie

8. Man Willy, that's been happening to a lot of people recently. The dog population is slowly rising, dog food is being advertised more, and instead of having hand sanitizer machines, they have doggie drop baggies. Odd :/

9. We call him "Pooper" because so much crap comes out of him. It's a term of endearment.

10. Lol Irish king what u talking about o_O *derp*

11. pooper

12. Ummmm 1) why is Zaft in forums...

2) seems to me he just wanted to chat **** lol

13. Pooper dared me to post this. It's on his wall.

14. Another noob thread 

15. The noob threads are flowing today i see! BTW where the hell is my strip? or are you not able to show a noob some love?

16. This guide sucks if you have a high stats reset bomb., IT DOESN't have to be in ur clan, you could actually use it as a spy

17. Good point. You could. They didn't.

18. I've seen someone with a 1 or 2T reset bomb with 1m cs. Can't remember his name though.

19. Zaft have a department that can defuse bombs 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.