Balanced vs Mixed Builds - The Truth (Updated for all Tiers)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by IlIlIlIlI-Versa-IlIlIlIlI, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Um if u have a mixed build and half of your troops only deliver defense then u would need to subtract them trrops from your count before you make your calculation that determine damage delivered from indivual troop ,right?

2. Good read. Definitely made me consider changing build from balanced to mixed on alt

3. **** YEAH MIXED BUILDS

4. Somebody who failed math

5. Thank you for the vote of confidence, bleed :D but I actually passed calculus with a 'B' :lol: and these calculations are correct

6. Man you just messed my brai up there I just wanted to know if there wqs an item phase on the destroyer EB

7. Forum, meet active topics.

Great guide versa.

8. While your calculations appear sound, you do not account for troop levels and overall str of the build. In actual practice of hitting and being hit, losing less of a percentage of your troops per incoming att is an advantage. The game does not calculate the value of one round of troops vs another kingdoms one round of troops. It factors in overall troop str, percentage bonuses (resets, clan bonus, achievement, some equip) and adds static (bfa/bfe) and then runs the attack in which the relative strengths can be gaged in troop loss by the attacker. So all in all your advice actually hurts the player using it. There are good reasons for using the offensive and defensive buildings, but using them together is a bad idea.

9. excellent work tho i will stay mostly balanced til i get enough cash to flip

10. Please for you own sake get a job

11. Exactly. If you do all of the calculations, you will find that through out an unload, balanced builds are stronger than mixed builds and that at any given percentage of total troops, the balanced builds are stronger than mixed builds. The problem is that these builds don't regen the same % as the other, so the mixed build's regen is stronger than the balanced.

If you look through the thread, you will see more numbers confirming this.

12. Very nice thread but I disagree strongly op

13. Can you say why?

14. So no one has tested this yet or what?

15. Awesome post really appreciate it. A must read for the bigs.

16. You're incorrect. You might be right about the APpH but you forget that you use more troops per attack on a balanced build. So it will be roughly the same if not more overall attack power.

17. How is it a nice thread if you disagree strongly? Because he used colors?

18. I'm not going to comment on the op as I have tested with mix results higher troop lvls tend to lean more toward even buildings while lower troop lvl the mix build ... Trust it's been tested at length

But honestly the validity of it is a moot point ... Towers screw up the mechanics and change the whole outcome of tests and lean very heavily in favor of not mixing builds to any high degree

1 balanced to get extra hits is fine but after that u should stick to the type of building u want to use watever it might be for best results

Short version adt throws off the entire mechanic

19. After reading this thread I conclude that
    ...all of you need to go outside and let the sun hit your skin and get some fresh air 

20. i am a vampire playing in my coffin... so no can do bacon! 