Fight Mechanics

Discussion in 'Guides' started by llIlI_LR-RIPPER_IllII, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Tl:dr

Just couldn't get the mental power to read all of that

2. @LP- if you have those extra hybrid slots- i'd love you forever.

I haven't found any situation (except with pure spies) when you can assassinate but get dtw for attack. It seems anti thetical that if your opponent is able to be assassinated, then he has the troops to attack him. That's the way it's always been and that's just weird. I didn't write anything down on assassinations, and have, in fact, asked the same question due to some situations where people had claimed it was true. Alas, l don't know anyone with 20 towers that I can use for this. If you know anyone with that build that can be trusted to give accurate results, then I should love to play with them :)

3. @neo- yep. But who has a pure attack build? Anyone? Nope. You are correct. But I didn't feel that the pure attack build was prevalent enough to warrant testing.

4. @lp and wis- oh! Forgot about the change to mechanics on strips. As a player with a stupid number of spy Alts, I love it! As a player who also is an attack build that runs her mouth a lot and tends to be a strip target, I hate it 

This is not the official reason, but- I don't think it's fair that your clan can prevent you from getting stripped. It's so darn easy to notice rank dropping or allies missing and just pin that target. It would make stripping a whole lot more difficult if everytime you stripped someone, one of the 50 other active players on could prevent the strip. It makes it more of a player vs player thing.

Don't get me wrong- I sent some messages to a poor member of ata staff with a whole garble of useless numbers and I definitely used all caps when asking WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL- but I've kinda come to like it. I mean, it still slows the strip and makes your clan play more vigilantly- while forcing the players in an osw to actually be active and not just lean heavily- like "ehhh.... I think I'll just go out tonight, leave my phone at home, get really drunk, and pass out for the next 18 hours". KAW- preventing drunken binges for 16 or so months :)

5. @stingray- defender too weak.

6. @candidus- you will receive your cake at the end of your testing. I know I said I was going to murder you as you were heading towards the incinerator- but cant we just put that behind us? For the sake of science?

7. Magnificent explanation, Belle! 

8. I see you managed to handcuff Wulf to the wall like you said.

The thread is excellent.

9. Sticky, hands down, all pun intended.

10. Lol igcb. 

I feel weird stickying my own threads. 

But I'll probably do it later 

11. Good one belle but from my experience with stripping attack builds as long as they have gold out and troops are 15% and above they're open with or without spies

12. Open for steals that is

13. So even if their clannies keep the strip target pinned... There's that 5minute window where the target is open for steals and dtw for attacks or assassination

14. I have always wanted to do a defense build.Complete highlands and lowlands the start building towers eventually saving enough to build the last one.

15. Bump.

Should be sticky.

16. Good guide. Sticky 

17. Stellar thread, Belle.

This put in perspective the previous debate I had had with a clan in regarding a special build that has you DTW while you are attacking someone.

Oddly enough, .Alpha. scientists have been hard at work testing mechanics lately.

You have now rendered our work, pointless.

Die.

18. Ok thanks for the change Belle, I was getting worried 

19. Thanks for the thread :)

Will this be merged/replace your Spy Mechanic's thread?