Reasons why the charm nerf is flawed

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Reasons why the charm nerf is flawed

Postby _-l-Drake-l-_ on Feb 21 2019, 10:21pm

________________MuSaNg_____IDD wrote:
jstrong58 wrote:Also everyone is saying ALB is easier to strip now than ever but I’d like to see you osw guys try and strip them now and see how it works for ya. Seriously I’m curious about it. Lemme kno. I don’t think it’s nearly as easy to do as you all seem to think. I don’t think it’ll be effective in any way.

they all talk. It’s not easy before charms surely not easy now. ALB invest real money with deep pockets. Do you think they wouldn’t spend xtra protection for them outside the game

Happened more than a few times...ask Romeo or harbringer
_-l-Drake-l-_

Postby Dagobert_Duck on Feb 21 2019, 11:51pm

jstrong58 wrote:Also everyone is saying ALB is easier to strip now than ever but I’d like to see you osw guys try and strip them now and see how it works for ya. Seriously I’m curious about it. Lemme kno. I don’t think it’s nearly as easy to do as you all seem to think. I don’t think it’ll be effective in any way.

Of course it is not easy to strip an alb player naked. It never was and im sure it never was meant to be easy.
The fact is, that with loads of hoarded charms it became actually IMPOSSIBLE to strip. If a player was alb 1-20 and got loads of stacked charms then he was simply untouchable. And thats not the way kaw should be.
The nerf devs made now just rebalanced the game to a stripability like it was before.

Before charms it also was very hard to strip an alb-player, especially if you only did partial strips and not fullly naked because then your steals/atks still had do deal with huge bfa.
Now its the same:
partial strip: hard to succeed
fully naked: (relatively) "easy" success

Like with every other strip you need enough players/actions ofc. Thats how it always was and how it should be.
Again: Why should it be EASY to strip an alb-player? makes no sense.
It just shouldnt be impossible!
I like the nerf - when you think about it it seems to make a lot of sense.

I agree though that there might be players who legaly stacked a lot of charms by trading and got messed up now. I can understand that those very few are pissed and they might get a compensation? dont know how though. But for the majority and kaw itself it was a good change imo. Just muuuuuch too late!

Lets give it a while and look what will happen. Maybe albs will strip each other? maybe it encourages to more pvp? lets see...

/edit: I put in the wrong quote. corrected this :mrgreen:
Dagobert_Duck

Postby 8________________MuSaNg____IDD on Feb 22 2019, 12:17am

@ drake Romeo was not in OSW when he was stripped. Harb was not in OSW when he was stripped. Harb stripped was plan for months. Twicc have something to do with his strip and tracking. ZAFT was getting involve on our war with YAFI. We knew then without laoda they couldn’t stay together. Since he was not expecting it didn’t take long to clear him. Any ALB in OSW is harder to strip to prove that. Look at -IMF- for more than 3 years he never loses anything. Many like him in ALB near impossible to strip. You are making example of players not in OSW.
8________________MuSaNg____IDD

Postby XoXoX on Feb 22 2019, 12:50am

"devs ruined this game by nerfing charms so lets sue them for 10k"

funniest thing ive read in forums for a while :lol:
XoXoX

Postby Venom on Feb 22 2019, 1:06am

Does no one know about the alerts programs that most OSW LBs use that alerts them, or auto pins if they get stripped / hit?

Also another reason you don't hear of big strips IN OSWs anymore is because literally all the OSW clans have some sort of anti strip protection.

A big surprise strip on someone not part of a OSW could happen for sure, but stripping a LB in one of those big OSW clans? Lol, good luck. They can go inactive for days and still not be touched thanks to certain programs.
Venom

Postby 8________________MuSaNg____IDD on Feb 22 2019, 1:12am

XoXoX wrote:"devs ruined this game by nerfing charms so lets sue them for 10k"

Not sue them for $10k. If you spend more than $10k buying seals to trade for charms. Since devs change the charm mechanics unfairly to smaller guys who are 2 billion CS and bellow. Anyone with 2 billion CS and bellow even how much charms you have that are nearly zero effect. So if you are on this range and spend $10k or more. You have the right to get a refund. For example I don’t think you would accept if you bought a car with all the option. Then the government says to the car manufacturer some of their option is not allowed in the road. Then car company take some of those option you already paid. The car manufacturer will give you refund of the xtra option. Then devs should refund with their screw ups
8________________MuSaNg____IDD

Postby Jackson on Feb 22 2019, 1:35am

is no one gonna mention kirara then? lol does anyone actually check the ally lb
Jackson

Postby golthar on Feb 22 2019, 5:45am

Another thing that hasn’t really been noted is the devaluation of sdt.

Take a bc hansel with ~2.4b sd and a bc tank with 1b sdt, each with 60b in sd charms.

Under old system, in a zs strip situation, the hansel would only have the 60b in charms as sd, whereas the tank would have 110b (50b cs 60b charms). So the tank has almost double the sd thanks to the towers.

Under the new system, the tank still has 50b from the towers, but is capped at 25b charms, for 75b total sd.

However the hansel gets to keep the 60b in charms.

75b to 60b isn’t that big an advantage compared to 110b to 60b.

Goodbye tank builds! Again the devs try to kill build variety by making tanks easier to strip than they ever were.
golthar

Postby Grave on Feb 22 2019, 11:46pm

golthar wrote:Another thing that hasn’t really been noted is the devaluation of sdt.

Take a bc hansel with ~2.4b sd and a bc tank with 1b sdt, each with 60b in sd charms.

Under old system, in a zs strip situation, the hansel would only have the 60b in charms as sd, whereas the tank would have 110b (50b cs 60b charms). So the tank has almost double the sd thanks to the towers.

Under the new system, the tank still has 50b from the towers, but is capped at 25b charms, for 75b total sd.

However the hansel gets to keep the 60b in charms.

75b to 60b isn’t that big an advantage compared to 110b to 60b.

Goodbye tank builds! Again the devs try to kill build variety by making tanks easier to strip than they ever were.

A hansel 2.4x the size of any tank shouldn't have a problem stling them .what are you complaining about again?
Grave

Postby Grave on Feb 22 2019, 11:47pm

________________MuSaNg_____IDD wrote:
XoXoX wrote:"devs ruined this game by nerfing charms so lets sue them for 10k"

Not sue them for $10k. If you spend more than $10k buying seals to trade for charms. Since devs change the charm mechanics unfairly to smaller guys who are 2 billion CS and bellow. Anyone with 2 billion CS and bellow even how much charms you have that are nearly zero effect. So if you are on this range and spend $10k or more. You have the right to get a refund. For example I don’t think you would accept if you bought a car with all the option. Then the government says to the car manufacturer some of their option is not allowed in the road. Then car company take some of those option you already paid. The car manufacturer will give you refund of the xtra option. Then devs should refund with their screw ups

Im 2bcs, have very rarely traded my charms away with 0 bfa, im not even at 30% of my cap, just shows how many alts you have musang
Grave

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests