Land Crestplates

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by xSyn_Connor, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Exchanging Crestplates for higher tier plates.

I’m sure we all have thousands of lower land crestplates that were never going to use.

So I think we should be able to exchange the lower tier plates for the higher tier ones.

2. Bc players can easily exploit

3. Trade them for charms/furniture

4. Support however there would have to be a very reasonable rate

5. The problem with this is making the exchange rate fair. Osman plates (and to a somewhat lesser extent, abyss plates) are worth significantly more than, say, ll plates. IMO, if properly implemented the rate of exchange would be so low it wouldn't be worthwhile. Sure, we have thousands of ll plates after a while, but tbh trading those for a couple dozen osman plates or so doesn't really seem worth it.

It would be a significant thing to change, and would require a LOT of balancing work to implement, for very little practical player reward.

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't support a plate exchange for these reasons. There are so many other updates I'd prefer that would require roughly similar amounts of dev energy.

6. Hmm... To add to OP's idea, why not make the trade based on stats? Kinda like how Nobs and Miths work? Who would build drop to exploit Crestplates to then rebuild?

You'd have to build drop then rebuild and then build drop and rinse and repeat to exploit Crestplate trade up, which kinda defeats the purpose of bc.

7. Not worth it? I think you’re way off on this.

We know what the costs are for upgrading our lands, both in gold and in plates. It would be very simple for the devs to find an average exchange rate for each of them. How it could be done makes little difference.

You say it wouldn’t be worth your time to exchange? I don’t get it. I currently have 101,370 plates that are worthless to me as they are sitting there collecting cyber dust. The only value they hold at this point is I can use them to rebuild in the future. But that’s a big if and still offers little value considering what has already been spent in time, effort and money.

Sure, it may be a low priority for the player base in terms of wants, but it needs a revamp.

8. I just use the extra crestplates as free gold.

For example, you can make 190b selling a hoarfrost building. Use that gold towards opening lands or upgrading higher level buildings. Then use the extra crestplates you’re sitting on to rebuild on that opened hoarfrost land.

Rinse and repeat.

With 100,000 crestplates, you could make a good chunk of change and just use it for your other upgrades.

9. What this person says , sell a building ..rebuild and repeat , easy money

10. But I think by the time you’ve saved up that 7T to take your land from Lv.9 - Lv.10 you could have already traded it up.

I just think that the crest plates we don’t use at all for those who don’t want to rebuild should have some other way of using them other than them just sitting there being useless

11. Does anyone have a list or something, where I can see how many crestplates I need to max upgrade the building in the different lands.?
    I hope my question is clear...

12. Forums > Guides > "Guide to Crest Plate use" by SS-Thrawn-SS- :D