Proposal for Charm/Equipment/Reward Drops from PvP Actions

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Proposal for Charm/Equipment/Reward Drops from PvP Actions

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Jun 23 2018, 7:28am

This wouldn't be a straight up looting concept, but remember how we used to get random, exclusive charms from event boxes (before idols were added in)? What about a similar set of exclusive charms each event, that only dropped from PvP in the manner you described? Or, something like one different set every month (any time period) so it doesn't have to be tied to events. That would prevent easy abuse.

The mechanism of drop would be more difficult to implement if it were to discourage osfs/oafs. If there were no changes, and the new charms/loot were added like existing drops (i.e. dropped as much as the spell that gives 1.5x drops), if the charms were desirable enough they would at least entice more people into conventional PvP.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Postby Ashvar on Jun 23 2018, 10:22am

-SS-Thrawn-SS- wrote:This wouldn't be a straight up looting concept, but remember how we used to get random, exclusive charms from event boxes (before idols were added in)? What about a similar set of exclusive charms each event, that only dropped from PvP in the manner you described? Or, something like one different set every month (any time period) so it doesn't have to be tied to events. That would prevent easy abuse.

The mechanism of drop would be more difficult to implement if it were to discourage osfs/oafs. If there were no changes, and the new charms/loot were added like existing drops (i.e. dropped as much as the spell that gives 1.5x drops), if the charms were desirable enough they would at least entice more people into conventional PvP.

I like it
Ashvar

Postby Il-Entropic_Ronin-lI on Jun 29 2018, 5:40am

I like the idea. It also gives room to promote PVP and not just smacking farms.

To prevent exploitability:

IF Plunder_Action_count
IS <10 on "Player_Attribute"
THEN proc 5% chance to "Charm_Theft"

If Plunder_Action_Count
IS >10 on "Player_Attribute"
THEN "Charm_Theft"=null
Il-Entropic_Ronin-lI

Postby KotFE_X on Jun 29 2018, 3:17pm

Rewards from general PVP?

Sounds like far too much off an ask to me.
KotFE_X

Previous

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests