Equipment Infusion

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Tridos, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Quick idea I’ve had for awhile, figured I’d atleast get it out there.

IDEA (tl;dr)

I suggest a slot is added to each piece of equipment where you can infuse a charm into it.
    The sole effect would be changing the appearance of the equipment. Think of it like a vanity upgrade.

COSTS

The charm would need to match the same type of equipment. (E.g. a helmet charm would infuse a helmet equipment, an off-hand charm would infuse an off-hand piece of equipment)

The charm would provide zero stat boosts while it was infused,
    However infusion could be reversible.
    Infusion as a function could be handled by the mage, with inferno/aqua costs for both infusion as well as unfusing. (Is unfusing even a word?)

BENEFITS

Although you can NOT trade equipment to others and have them equip it, this would be a way to sell a faux set of armor through charms and then they could infuse it into their own set.

While I know that not everyone cares about this, I personally like certain equips more than the next upgraded pieces, and I’d love a way to keep a set equipped while continuing to increase my bfe.

Thanks for using your time to read this.

2. too op

3. If it’s going to provide a 0 stat boost, then what would be the point of this?

4. Edit:
    Probably just for its appearance. Same deal with furniture, though it's aesthetics are on a far lower, almost redundant level.

Edit:
    You mean fusion, not infusion. They're 2 different words with similar, but not necessarily interchangeable meanings.

Fusion - combining two to form one.
    Infusion - adding a new aspect to something, without turning two different things into the same thing. (Ie. not fusing together)

5. Far to much artwork needed from devs to implement this as you'd need to design every pc of equipment with every charm very costly .....although I like the idea it would never happen

6. Nope, I meant infusion. As in infusing the “new” aesthetic quality of a different piece of gear into your currently equipped one.

Also I did not intend to have some “unique” art for every charm. The idea is to simply override the look of one helmet with a different helmet. (Or sword, or gauntlets, or trinket..)

I want a vanity suit. Lol.

7. I am confusion.

8. It’s being done in other games. This isn’t new
    Why go through the trouble have infusion and have no boosts? We can call it...bedazzled equipment .