Equipment Infusion

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Equipment Infusion

Postby Tridos on Jun 22 2018, 1:56pm

Quick idea I’ve had for awhile, figured I’d atleast get it out there.

IDEA (tl;dr)

I suggest a slot is added to each piece of equipment where you can infuse a charm into it.
The sole effect would be changing the appearance of the equipment. Think of it like a vanity upgrade.

COSTS

The charm would need to match the same type of equipment. (E.g. a helmet charm would infuse a helmet equipment, an off-hand charm would infuse an off-hand piece of equipment)

The charm would provide zero stat boosts while it was infused,
However infusion could be reversible.
Infusion as a function could be handled by the mage, with inferno/aqua costs for both infusion as well as unfusing. (Is unfusing even a word?)

BENEFITS

Although you can NOT trade equipment to others and have them equip it, this would be a way to sell a faux set of armor through charms and then they could infuse it into their own set.

While I know that not everyone cares about this, I personally like certain equips more than the next upgraded pieces, and I’d love a way to keep a set equipped while continuing to increase my bfe.

Thanks for using your time to read this.
Tridos

Re: Equipment Infusion

Postby Jackson on Jun 23 2018, 2:20am

Tridos wrote:Quick idea I’ve had for awhile, figured I’d atleast get it out there.

IDEA (tl;dr)

I suggest a slot is added to each piece of equipment where you can infuse a charm into it.
The sole effect would be changing the appearance of the equipment. Think of it like a vanity upgrade.

COSTS

The charm would need to match the same type of equipment. (E.g. a helmet charm would infuse a helmet equipment, an off-hand charm would infuse an off-hand piece of equipment)

Infusion as a function could be handled by the mage, with inferno/aqua costs for both infusion as well as unfusing. (Is unfusing even a word?)

BENEFITS

Although you can NOT trade equipment to others and have them equip it, this would be a way to sell a faux set of armor through charms and then they could infuse it into their own set.

While I know that not everyone cares about this, I personally like certain equips more than the next upgraded pieces, and I’d love a way to keep a set equipped while continuing to increase my bfe.

too op
Jackson

Postby kracken_dasein on Jun 23 2018, 2:40pm

If it’s going to provide a 0 stat boost, then what would be the point of this?
kracken_dasein

Postby TooGreatForAName on Jun 23 2018, 8:23pm

Edit:
kracken_dasein wrote:If it’s going to provide a 0 stat boost, then what would be the point of this?

Probably just for its appearance. Same deal with furniture, though it's aesthetics are on a far lower, almost redundant level.

Edit:
Tridos wrote:Quick idea I’ve had for awhile, figured I’d atleast get it out there.

IDEA (tl;dr)

COSTS

BENEFITS

You mean fusion, not infusion. They're 2 different words with similar, but not necessarily interchangeable meanings.

Fusion - combining two to form one.
Infusion - adding a new aspect to something, without turning two different things into the same thing. (Ie. not fusing together)
TooGreatForAName

Postby lIIlIllI___PARSFAN___lIlIlIIl on Jun 24 2018, 2:54am

Far to much artwork needed from devs to implement this as you'd need to design every pc of equipment with every charm very costly .....although I like the idea it would never happen
lIIlIllI___PARSFAN___lIlIlIIl

Postby Tridos on Jun 25 2018, 5:17am

Nope, I meant infusion. As in infusing the “new” aesthetic quality of a different piece of gear into your currently equipped one.

Also I did not intend to have some “unique” art for every charm. The idea is to simply override the look of one helmet with a different helmet. (Or sword, or gauntlets, or trinket..)

I want a vanity suit. Lol.
Tridos

Postby AshtonRocks on Jun 30 2018, 1:49am

TooGreatForAName wrote:You mean fusion, not infusion.

I am confusion.
AshtonRocks

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Jun 30 2018, 3:01am

It’s being done in other games. This isn’t new
Why go through the trouble have infusion and have no boosts? We can call it...bedazzled equipment .
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests