Charms have already ruined KaW

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby ________________MuSaNg_____IDD on Jun 5 2018, 4:42am

Indi and lowland needs to stop and give few months re evaluate the system. This way start fresh and players start fresh. Now players are just the same players with many hidden alts to screw wars. Then they the one most likely flooding the support system to complain.
They are wasting so much time of support system and funds of ATA to employ support system.
________________MuSaNg_____IDD
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Nov 11 2011, 6:56pm

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby CynderStryke on Jun 6 2018, 7:31pm

Pwars ruined KaW fam
CynderStryke
 
Posts: 10028
Joined: Jun 20 2010, 7:15pm

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby Vanco on Jun 7 2018, 3:25am

CynderStryke wrote:Pwars ruined KaW fam


It’s been downhill ever since.
Vanco
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jun 6 2018, 10:15am

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby gray-ts on Jun 11 2018, 1:47am

Vanco wrote:
CynderStryke wrote:Pwars ruined KaW fam


It’s been downhill ever since.


100%
gray-ts
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 22 2014, 12:44am

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby Kasama on Jun 11 2018, 1:55am

Pwars didn't ruin KaW. It was the pwar era where KaW was thriving.
Kasama
 
Posts: 12098
Joined: Aug 12 2010, 4:28am

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby FrogKnuckIe on Jun 11 2018, 11:13am

Yep
FrogKnuckIe
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Jan 3 2012, 3:56pm

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby CynderStryke on Jun 11 2018, 12:03pm

Kasama wrote:Pwars didn't ruin KaW. It was the pwar era where KaW was thriving.


Only because the culture shifted from warring to easy way out. And that started the spiral downwards. The first world wars before that were insane fun. As it was not just a battle of egos. But of necessity. You needed to hit your opponents for growth. UWF vs. ZiG was a prime example. I LLBCed purely through fighting the clan targets. Then converted to pure spy during a strip. It was a time that will never be replicated. Pwars were the end of the golden age so to speak. Sure it was a busy time but the game was at its peak already around that time so to say pwars were the biggest time is more coincidence. There were those of us that recognized the fall of the culture of KaW and pinned OSFs OAFs in pwars clans in protest but it would never be enough. KaW essentially after that was a game built on an exploit. EBs were the cure. But unfortunately after the people got a taste of the easy life they could never fully go back.
CynderStryke
 
Posts: 10028
Joined: Jun 20 2010, 7:15pm

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby Kasama on Jun 11 2018, 1:45pm

CynderStryke wrote:
Kasama wrote:Pwars didn't ruin KaW. It was the pwar era where KaW was thriving.


Only because the culture shifted from warring to easy way out. And that started the spiral downwards. The first world wars before that were insane fun. As it was not just a battle of egos. But of necessity. You needed to hit your opponents for growth. UWF vs. ZiG was a prime example. I LLBCed purely through fighting the clan targets. Then converted to pure spy during a strip. It was a time that will never be replicated. Pwars were the end of the golden age so to speak. Sure it was a busy time but the game was at its peak already around that time so to say pwars were the biggest time is more coincidence. There were those of us that recognized the fall of the culture of KaW and pinned OSFs OAFs in pwars clans in protest but it would never be enough. KaW essentially after that was a game built on an exploit. EBs were the cure. But unfortunately after the people got a taste of the easy life they could never fully go back.

Warring was only the focus because that was the only thing present, when given a choice they moved to making the most amount of gold in the shortest amount of time. The best thing too... You didn't have to fork out cash to get BC. There was a gap in stats but not at this level.

That was the golden age of KaW because it allowed people who travel around to meet interesting, new people. It was in this age that maintained clan loyalty and active cc.

EBs are terrible they encourage growth through microtransactions.

EBs aren't a cure. Did you notice how many people left slightly before or during the EB era.

EBs are terrible. They cause inflation because they are improperly managed. It's really simple to comprehend.

Pwars did this too but it wasn't nearly as bad.

EBs aren't the cure and I'm sure as hell microtransactions aren't the cure either, smh.
Kasama
 
Posts: 12098
Joined: Aug 12 2010, 4:28am

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby Caedis on Jun 11 2018, 3:46pm

Kasama wrote:
CynderStryke wrote:
Kasama wrote:Pwars didn't ruin KaW. It was the pwar era where KaW was thriving.


Only because the culture shifted from warring to easy way out. And that started the spiral downwards. The first world wars before that were insane fun. As it was not just a battle of egos. But of necessity. You needed to hit your opponents for growth. UWF vs. ZiG was a prime example. I LLBCed purely through fighting the clan targets. Then converted to pure spy during a strip. It was a time that will never be replicated. Pwars were the end of the golden age so to speak. Sure it was a busy time but the game was at its peak already around that time so to say pwars were the biggest time is more coincidence. There were those of us that recognized the fall of the culture of KaW and pinned OSFs OAFs in pwars clans in protest but it would never be enough. KaW essentially after that was a game built on an exploit. EBs were the cure. But unfortunately after the people got a taste of the easy life they could never fully go back.

Warring was only the focus because that was the only thing present, when given a choice they moved to making the most amount of gold in the shortest amount of time. The best thing too... You didn't have to fork out cash to get BC. There was a gap in stats but not at this level.

That was the golden age of KaW because it allowed people who travel around to meet interesting, new people. It was in this age that maintained clan loyalty and active cc.

EBs are terrible they encourage growth through microtransactions.

EBs aren't a cure. Did you notice how many people left slightly before or during the EB era.

EBs are terrible. They cause inflation because they are improperly managed. It's really simple to comprehend.

Pwars did this too but it wasn't nearly as bad.

EBs aren't the cure and I'm sure as hell microtransactions aren't the cure either, smh.


PWars weren’t the best thing for KaW. They were the noise that started the avalanche, so to speak. I think that they were an inevitable “exploit” to be uncovered, as is human nature.

That being said, EBs were by no means the cure to PWars. They only made things worse. I honestly only think that the Devs introduced them because of the rampant bot use that was associated with PWars (Pot selling bots for OSF & OAF), and they knew they had to provide an easy, gold earning alternatives to players that were accustomed to the easy gold associated with PWars.

Truthfully, people wanting to be lazy and grow simultaneously is the cancer that has caused this whole inflation and boredom issue in KaW. People want to grow, and they want gold, but they don’t want to risk upsetting someone by pinning them and in turn being farmed into oblivion themselves. Clans created “No Farming” rules to cater to these crowds, created PWars to feed them gold, and caused KaW to disintegrate before our very eyes.

Honestly, we can’t really blame the Devs for creating this mess. It was the players. However, we can blame the Devs for letting it go on so long, and get so bad, because their greed caused them to bend over backwards to satisfy the majority of their players, who have now left them to seek greener pastures and left behind only the disenfranchised players, like us, who crave a return to the “Golden Era” of KaW, where battles were fought for bragging rights and “glory,” and not gold and the latest event equipment.

Making our desires clear is, unfortunately, too little too late. It’s gone too far, and KaW is going to die a slow death as it limps towards oblivion.

There is a solution, but I don’t think anyone is ready for how drastic it is:

Reset everyone. Get rid of EB and PWar mechanics, equipment, furnishings, and charms. Bring back the “Golden Age” and force everyone to restart from scratch and don’t make the same mistakes again. No one would go for it, though. Too much money has been spent and too many people would be upset and rage quit. That’s the way to bring back the old KaW we love and want to be a part of, though.

~~Caedis
Caedis
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Jun 18 2011, 3:28pm

Re: Charms have already ruined KaW

Postby illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi on Jun 11 2018, 3:55pm

Pwars were the best.....could pin them from outside and poof clan war. I fought like hell during that. Even went up against LoA. Friggin blast. Just a friggin blast. Then met the guys in Holy Vanguard. Hq helped me with fighting. Taught me a lot. Ebs come around and it became boring. I hardly get hit during last few osw. Everyone hitting eb for strip money.
illIIlIHOLYIlIIlDOMOIlIlIIi
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mar 17 2011, 6:59am

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests