Crestplate Conversion System

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by aerie, Jan 29, 2018.

1. I have an idea, that could give a purpose to crestplates that aren't being used. At the same time, not needing to change the Legend's crestplate payout.

Essentially it would be a way to convert Crestplates into the tier after it.
    For Example:
    Low land Crestplates into Highland Crestplates

I picture a 2:1 ratio for converting.
    16 LowLand Crestplates
    =
    8 Highland Crestplates
    =
    4 Hoarfrost Crestplates
    =
    2 Abyssal Crestplates
    =
    1 Osman Rai Crestplate

I'm curious on what others think

2. No support. Any loss endured during a conversion should be limited to other currencies or crafting materials. The crestplates themselves should uphold their value as the cost for building is static. I'd rather see them tradable to boost the spirit of the community, helping new players out.

Abusable? Sure, it's a fest for alts, but that still contributes to more playtime and activity engaging alts in lower war brackets etc.

3. I totally agree I have 1850 lowland and 1320 highland crest plates that I can’t use this feature would be awesome

4. Tradable could be cool too

5. I like the cause, but as Enigmatic said. This wouldn't be financially sound. 1 Rai Crestplate is worth approximately 16b. And 10 lowland crest plates are worth approximately 140m.

The devs would need to find a set conversion price that would equalize the cold worth of these tokens.

At that rate, 1 Rai Crestplate, is worth approximately 11,000 lowland Crestplates.

So this system is pretty much impossible to build.

The idea of trading them sounds nice, but will be easily exploitable. There's no real way to do this without hurting the mechanics of the game.

The least damaging option for a true conversation may be to increase the Lowland and Highland crest plate drop by several thousand at each level, but why go to this trouble for people to convert maybe 10 crests per event.

The option I see to be the most affordable. Would be once the land sets are maxed, to unlock the ability to convert plates for their equivalent SB/BB value.

6. Crestplates are in the game to even out differenced between bigs and smalls.. Allowing people to convert them would completely ruin this. If you have no use for your crestplates, they're not intended for you.

7. true

8. This would be awesome. I have so many lowland and Highland plates that I'm starting to use them to serve food to my troops

9. Sell a building and replace it with the crestplates.

You make a bit of gold selling the building and the number goes down.

Or keep them to change your build and replace a whole land with another building type.

10. I converted every land below OR for free not long ago I even made gold out of it I fail to see what the problem is. Try some new builds or something idk.

11. I agree this idea does seem cool. Let's be honest though, this would be absolutely (in the long run) HORRID. Clans that are in OSW can make tons of alts, and or recruit players and they could pitch in together and boost one account at a time instantly bringing them up. This would basically make OSW a whole new concept. Instead of using Xtals you'll use your 7 other alts with the SAME amount of stats. There'd be more negative feedback than positive.

12. Well said. It’s a good idea but kind of eliminates there purpose