HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Jan 13 2018, 8:02am

One comment I've seen regularly in this thread is that support gives crummy replies. (There are many other more regular comments, but as someone who doesn't war I don't really have a position to comment on them.)

If you give support a crummy ticket, they're going to give you a generic, unhelpful reply. "Fix wars" "Thank you for your feedback"

If you want a glitch fixed, for example, saying "Fix this glitch" or "the display isn't working" isn't helpful. You'll get a generic response. Same as if you send a directionless complaint, no matter how detailed.
On the other hand, if you send a "I'm having this issue. This is exactly how I can make it happen, with screenshots as relevant. Here is exactly what happens, and the game parts that are affected. Doing this thing fixes it on the user end, but is inconvenient." THAT will get you a response every time.

I've sent in several bug reports over the last year and a half I've played. Every single one has had a unique, courteous reply, usually acknowledging what's happening. Sometimes that's followed up with "but we're already working on it" and other times they ask for more info.

All the lame tickets I've started? Generic replies. I'm not getting special treatment in replies. But for anyone frustrated at getting generic responses, try sending in tickets that aren't generic. You might be surprised at how quickly you start getting "better" replies.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Jun 15 2016, 9:15pm

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll on Jan 13 2018, 8:47am

Legion wrote:
llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll wrote:The problem is entirely rewards, who wants to waste hours every day to gain a few seals? Not many, add some exclusive war equip and a lot more will want to war. Anyone claiming "rewards" have no effect on war participation is delusional and clearly wasn't around to see the huge drop in players warring after the war equip was removed.


Perhaps I did not explain my stance clearly enough Mint, let me try again.

The problem is not entirely rewards. Look at it this way, during the war equipment period you had a lot of clans competing for them. Most of these were regular and experienced warriors. Over time these exclusive equipment lead to a lot of cheating and unauthorised third party use to gain an advantage in these wars. Quite a few players were banned, most of them from a clan that was notorious for their "electronic aid" to win wars.
Let's disregard the cheating aspect of LL wars for the reminder of this message.

Fast forward to the current set up without war equipment, participation had dropped precipitously with barely one serious regular clan.

Now if the devs were to bring back war equipment, sure the participation would rise, but the participation would consist of current warriors who were warring during the non equipment period and warriors who chased wars during the equipment period.
It doesn't exactly garner interest from the majority of KaW players that don't war / never have warred. That is the main problem here. Barely 20% of the player base warred regularly at it's peak of war participation. Remember the decline of participation from S5 to S6?

The aim is to bring players who usually don't war, make wars easier to do, take lesser time, more easily accessible so a larger part of the player base tries it. Not just the players who used to war / have always been warring. That's what we need, imagine if the entire player base has a majority of them trying our wars? You'd see thousands warring a day! (Which right now, even with war rewards wouldn't happen)

Like I said before, the main deterrent for players not trying out wars is dedicating 1 hour+ per war amongst other reasons which I mentioned in my above post.

ATA has tried many variations of the war system to find a balance, they've varried clan roster sizes, times, duration and more. None seems to have found a good balance that invigorates player interest.

A overhaul / update of the entire war system is called for, but ATA has given up on the war part as they've admitted. They tried many years to get it right. That's what we'd need (overhaul/update) if you want to see people warring in large numbers, bigger than anything before.

At the most we'll see S7 during the new lands launch, but that's about it. I highly doubt we'll ever see new types of wars from ATA, for the simple reason it's no longer a priority for them. Which I understand. They have x amount of hours they can put into KaW development, they put it into the things they think can involve the most number of players and keep the most amount of players occupied.

Like trading, none of us ever thought it'd happen, yet ATA brought it out. It's managed to bring back a lot of activity to KaW. Something similar to what EBs did.


No need to write another essay, i completely understood your first post. Whether the current war system brings new players in or not i couldn't care less, if all previous players who regularly warred came back that would be more than enough to bring lowland wars back to life. My point is that wars have died compared to what they were because of the removal of the only reason most even warred, the war equipment which had equivalent stats to that of the EB lb that you had to spend to get onto.

Talking about the wars themselves and time they take is another issue.
Last edited by llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll on Jan 13 2018, 9:08am, edited 1 time in total.
llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Nov 10 2012, 11:29am

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby Adonis-ICE_MaCHiNE on Jan 13 2018, 8:51am

The issue w the tickets though is that there is no consistency. Some tickets are ignored completely. Some take a ridiculous amount of time to get a reply like 5 days or more. Some get the problem fixed but no reply, v frustrating. Some get generic we are looking at the issue replies but never get fixed. I have a ticket open at the mo w 3 points. First was fixed but I wasn’t told about it being fixed. Second still isn’t fixed. And latest is an insane issue that I still have no reply to. Just get these issues sorted plse. Oh and some updated pots and mith plse. Thx
Adonis-ICE_MaCHiNE
 
Posts: 413
Joined: May 7 2011, 6:43pm

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby Zesty_X on Jan 13 2018, 8:52am

It’s difficult to send a decent help ticket when you can only see one line at a time that heaven forbid you would like to amend!

I sent lots of feedbacks asking to have space to put more than 20 words before they finally extended how much information you could send lol I gave up when it comes to the above issue they can just deal with the mistakes but you do kinda keep it short n sweet for that reason.
Zesty_X
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Aug 29 2012, 9:07am

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby Legion on Jan 13 2018, 9:03am

llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll wrote:No need to write another essay, i completely understood your first post.


I'll be certain to include big pictures along with the text next time! ;)
Legion
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Feb 23 2012, 4:20am
Location: City of Angels

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll on Jan 13 2018, 9:06am

-grizzy- wrote:Hi mint if people enjoyed ee they'd be doing it without any rewards needed, no? All these people saying bring back war eq you're basically asking the devs to mask the problems and not fix anything about the war system and anyone who says the war system is fine is dillusional out of events there is like 1 indi match up with builds so far apart in stats its no fun at all. I imagine lowland is just as bad with crappy FFA clans and a couple serious clans where's the fun?


Yes lowland is extremely crappy right now because of low participation which stemmed from the removal of war equip. Nothing is broken about the current lowland war system other than that it has extremely low participation unless you class its 1hr length as a problem. Everything else is fine.

Im sure not many invest an hour into any mobile app to gain no reward, regardless of how fun it is. You need rewards lol
llNElllMllillNllTlllNEll
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Nov 10 2012, 11:29am

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby B_MAC on Jan 13 2018, 9:33am

As much as I disagree with most everything the devs do. The war system was broken by the kawmunity. The devs didn't exclude players because of their build, the devs didn't stack rosters with a LB player and the rest SH. Most people didn't get into wars because they were told to completely change build or drop build. Devs tried to fix it they nerfed the GH so the kawmunity figured out another loophole. A handful of people trying to fix a problem with game mechanics. Compared that to the hundreds (who in some cases are far more intelligent than the people trying to fix) trying to find the new loophole created. It's a losing battle. The war systems worked but the kawmunity didn't let it. They wanted specific builds, they wanted stacked rosters, they was the ones trying to gain easy wins by exploiting the system.
B_MAC
2016 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Oct 11 2012, 1:35pm

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby xXD3mOnXx on Jan 13 2018, 9:55am

B_MAC wrote:As much as I disagree with most everything the devs do. The war system was broken by the kawmunity. The devs didn't exclude players because of their build, the devs didn't stack rosters with a LB player and the rest SH. Most people didn't get into wars because they were told to completely change build or drop build. Devs tried to fix it they nerfed the GH so the kawmunity figured out another loophole. A handful of people trying to fix a problem with game mechanics. Compared that to the hundreds (who in some cases are far more intelligent than the people trying to fix) trying to find the new loophole created. It's a losing battle. The war systems worked but the kawmunity didn't let it. They wanted specific builds, they wanted stacked rosters, they was the ones trying to gain easy wins by exploiting the system.

You've got to be kidding me.. of course clans will use a good build and wont let crappy builds in. Its not abuse, its common fking sense to use an effective war build.. if your build sucks, its your fault.
xXD3mOnXx
 
Posts: 354
Joined: May 26 2015, 10:48am

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby Faust on Jan 13 2018, 10:11am

B_MAC wrote:As much as I disagree with most everything the devs do. The war system was broken by the kawmunity. The devs didn't exclude players because of their build, the devs didn't stack rosters with a LB player and the rest SH. Most people didn't get into wars because they were told to completely change build or drop build. Devs tried to fix it they nerfed the GH so the kawmunity figured out another loophole. A handful of people trying to fix a problem with game mechanics. Compared that to the hundreds (who in some cases are far more intelligent than the people trying to fix) trying to find the new loophole created. It's a losing battle. The war systems worked but the kawmunity didn't let it. They wanted specific builds, they wanted stacked rosters, they was the ones trying to gain easy wins by exploiting the system.

Would you let someone with a broken leg on your running team? Yes people want people who can actually preform on your team . Most people strive to win.

IF devs brought back war equipment, which 100% of the active warring community would want  yes the participation would spike up. While it might not bring in new players it will 100% make some of the old people who did LL return and those "retired" from indi come back as well as the return of war equipment means less massive stat spread in brackets=more balanced rosters=less people complaining=more people warring? Currently kaw's war scene is a death spiral caused by the devs. Anyone saying otherwise is ignorant
Faust
2016 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Apr 28 2010, 9:56pm

Re: HOW MANY MORE NEED TO LEAVE?

Postby B_MAC on Jan 13 2018, 10:25am

Faust and demon you proved my point with your replies. If you was new and not sure if you liked war, would you completely tear down your build to try something you may not even like. And that was highly likely going against a Lb/sh roster. Now participation is down and you want to cry. But when people wanted to participate you told them NO. You broke it now live with it.
B_MAC
2016 ASW Champion
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Oct 11 2012, 1:35pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thin_Diesel_MaCHiNE and 0 guests