Item Prices

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Item Prices

Postby __Duke__ on Jan 6 2018, 8:10am

I find it quite hard to know if I'm being ripped off or getting a good deal when trading. People just make up their own price wether it's too much or not enough.

Would anyone be up for making an item/furniture list with the current value of that item?

What do people think? Good? Bad? Or should I just climb back into my cave?
__Duke__

Re: Item Prices

Postby -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Jan 6 2018, 8:18am

Value is either completely subjective, or it's the face value. It's worth whatever the other person is willing to pay for it. That's it.
Last edited by -SS-Thrawn-SS- on Jan 6 2018, 12:25pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SS-Thrawn-SS-

Postby SuriG on Jan 6 2018, 9:21am

Good idea
SuriG

Postby Yogurt on Jan 6 2018, 9:50am

You're only getting ripped off if you can find someone else with a better deal and don't take that deal. Otherwise everything else is fair game.
Yogurt

Postby __Duke__ on Jan 6 2018, 3:03pm

Yogurt wrote:You're only getting ripped off if you can find someone else with a better deal and don't take that deal. Otherwise everything else is fair game.

Yeah I get that but for example I don't understand why some pets are more expensive than others, even tho they're the same stats
__Duke__

Postby -grizzy- on Jan 6 2018, 5:34pm

OK so if you're paying more cs than you're getting you're getting ripped off.
-grizzy-

Postby Yogurt on Jan 6 2018, 5:44pm

__Duke__ wrote:
Yogurt wrote:You're only getting ripped off if you can find someone else with a better deal and don't take that deal. Otherwise everything else is fair game.

Yeah I get that but for example I don't understand why some pets are more expensive than others, even tho they're the same stats

Thats easy. Some people like that furniture more and are willing to pay more for it. Some people think other people like that furniture more, and are asking more for it.
Yogurt

Postby Moloch_Echo2Charlie on Jan 6 2018, 5:52pm

ROYAL CHESTS

1 - 2 mcs max. Anything beyond that is a rip off. Only people who won't say they're a rip off are the ones who regularly sell chests. I trade in these often and never ask more than 2mcs. That being said, if someone offers more I still accept that trade.

OR

1 wall/banner/floor (at most I'd do 3 Royal Chests for 2 of the aforementioned)

Charms

If trading non maxed items for maxed items only go for 1/2 cs more max. I.e. if someone had a 1 mcs maxed charm and you wanted it trade only 1.5 mcs non maxed charms.

If you're hunting rare charms be prepared to be ripped off.

Furnishings

These are confusing. It's due to the market being so random with them. Personally don't trade for them with charms. You're being ripped off.

I feel I should just make a list of people who try ripping off frequently.
Moloch_Echo2Charlie

Postby masterchifchaf on Jan 7 2018, 5:25pm

Generally I sell items/furnishings for a little bit above face value, mostly because they're rare but I'm not trying to rip people off. I was once told I was scamming for wanting a carpet furnishing (around 4m CS) for 10m, no higher. Apparently people pay 110 for those things? Or maybe that player was trying to scam me.

I don't see the point in paying crazy amounts for charms or furniture. Like why would you pay 600m for a beast when it only gives about 64m stats total?

Some people charge over 1b for an Icetail, I don't see the point? Shouldn't they just keep the 1b in stats?
masterchifchaf

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests