Item Prices

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by __Duke__, Jan 6, 2018.

1. I find it quite hard to know if I'm being ripped off or getting a good deal when trading. People just make up their own price wether it's too much or not enough.

Would anyone be up for making an item/furniture list with the current value of that item?

What do people think? Good? Bad? Or should I just climb back into my cave?

2. Value is either completely subjective, or it's the face value. It's worth whatever the other person is willing to pay for it. That's it.

3. Good idea

4. You're only getting ripped off if you can find someone else with a better deal and don't take that deal. Otherwise everything else is fair game.

5. Yeah I get that but for example I don't understand why some pets are more expensive than others, even tho they're the same stats

6. OK so if you're paying more cs than you're getting you're getting ripped off.

7. Thats easy. Some people like that furniture more and are willing to pay more for it. Some people think other people like that furniture more, and are asking more for it.

8. ROYAL CHESTS

1 - 2 mcs max. Anything beyond that is a rip off. Only people who won't say they're a rip off are the ones who regularly sell chests. I trade in these often and never ask more than 2mcs. That being said, if someone offers more I still accept that trade.

OR

1 wall/banner/floor (at most I'd do 3 Royal Chests for 2 of the aforementioned)

Charms

If trading non maxed items for maxed items only go for 1/2 cs more max. I.e. if someone had a 1 mcs maxed charm and you wanted it trade only 1.5 mcs non maxed charms.

If you're hunting rare charms be prepared to be ripped off.

Furnishings

These are confusing. It's due to the market being so random with them. Personally don't trade for them with charms. You're being ripped off.

I feel I should just make a list of people who try ripping off frequently.

9. Generally I sell items/furnishings for a little bit above face value, mostly because they're rare but I'm not trying to rip people off. I was once told I was scamming for wanting a carpet furnishing (around 4m CS) for 10m, no higher. Apparently people pay 110 for those things? Or maybe that player was trying to scam me.

I don't see the point in paying crazy amounts for charms or furniture. Like why would you pay 600m for a beast when it only gives about 64m stats total?

Some people charge over 1b for an Icetail, I don't see the point? Shouldn't they just keep the 1b in stats?

10. Okey,market is crazy but do we trade a pet and keep the same upgrade level when bought?

11. Not entirely sure what you're asking, but pet and other furniture levels stay trough trading. If someone trades you a l5 pet, you get a l5 pet.

12. Trading is trading. I look at it as negotiating, everyone has their own opinions. This is the fun in it because you can haggle.

13. Everyone sees different worth for something. And this is actually kinda basic economics. I can provide an example.

Lets say I have a car. Its really old and doesnt look great, but it still runs and gets me from point A to B. The dealership will offer me $500 for it and theyll get rid of it for me. Right now, that im using it, its worth much more than $500. Its not worth the price of a brand new car, but still more than basically nothing. Meanwhile, I have a neighbor who fixes cars, and he figures he can buy it off me for $800 to fit it or use it for parts.

Now, me not NEEDING to go spend $16,000 on a new car makes my clunker worth far more than that too. I might not wanna sell it for less that $2000. Nobody wants it for that, but I do. If my car stops working, now, its worth $0 to me, still $500 to the dealer and maybe still $800 to the friend... but maybe less.

What im trying to say is, based on your situation, the worth of it is subjective to everyone looking at it.

14. Duke you got ripped off