Pots and Mith

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Zaap, Oct 24, 2017.

1. This is already something that’s been brought up but has become more relevant with recent game additions....

WE NEED MORE POWERFUL POTS AND MITHRIL SPELLS!

With the increase in static stats from charms, which increase with every event dropping multiple pieces of equipment, the exponential increase in raw stats and the introduction of furniture stats (lol), it’s time to give us something that will help PVP and make mith and pots relevant again.

We need mith and pots that give boosts at the minimum of a few hundred millions to even the billions. They should also be much more expensive with the increase in plunder and ease of making gold during events. This will make pots something worth burning again, increase the cost of pvp (which is a net positive for encouraging pvp) while also increasing the ability of players to hit outside their range, which is diminishing with fewer and fewer people playing. As the dynamics of kaw have changed to greatly favor the defender (at the overall detriment to kaw), it’s time to introduce something that enables the attacker. This will greatly boost pvp from osw to EE war viability, breathing new life into a dying aspect of the game. An aspect which the game was founded on and should be built around.

What say you, fellow players and devs?

2. So nobody thinks we need new pots and mith because of the raw stat increases and huge bfe/charm/furnishing stats?

Did everyone just stop using them?

3. Only cowards like scoutingswan use mithril. I never hit with pots and can steal from strips double my stats without fail, yes they're zeroed but point is I still don't need it

4. I just want to clarify you want mith and pot boosts that reach into the hundred millions at a bare minimum.

I think this idea may have some merit as it would make it easier to farm????

But the downsides range from if someone does have mith and pot boosts that reach into the hundred millions, what about those that don't have the appropriate defences of their own hundred million pot and mith boosts.

It seems like a bit of a cancel out as if you don't have the boosts, you get screwed over majorly so you keep investing in the boosts daily, especially oswers, or it would result in only really big players acquiring these boosts as mith and pot boosts ranging into the hundred millions would require a lot of gold and mith.

That or it may be disregarded completely, who knows.

Regardless, I vote against.

5. But you could apply the "Only big people would benefit" to the current scenarios. What if you can't afford to trade for 70 ice tails or moth charms? What if you can't win the lottery to buy all the furniture? What if you can't afford to trade for it? There's always going to be someone who can't afford something so it doesn't seem like a good reason to not implement something​

6. Keep in mind pots have stayed the same the last two stat increases, however their usefulness has been nullified as they are too small to have an effect now. We just need ones proportional to current stats so they have the same effect on gameplay as they have previously.

Mith even more so. The mith system is largely just used to hide allies now, I remember using the same mith spells when it was just the highlands for attacking and stealing. Now if you are bigger they are useless.

Potions and mith spells usage added another facet to the game that is now non existent. There was a reason clans used to have pot requirements, why you used to pot burn someone before stripping them, why pot burning was an effective osw strategy, etc. That is all gone now, made irrelevant because it hasn’t been updated with the rest of the game.

7. You have the words only big people would benefit in quotations like someone said those words.

"What if you can't trade 70 ice tails or moth charms?"
    "What if you can't win the lottery to buy all the furniture?"
    "What if you can't afford to trade for it?"
    ^How are those related to benefitting bigs?

These scenarios when benefit anyone.

There is always gonna be someone who can't obtain something, I agree.

But for such a big boost in stats, you must pay big that's how things go.

You understand that logic, right?

It also can cause a large imbalance but whatever.

8. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you I just think the way the game is going, with charms and furnishings, the last thing on ATA's mind seems to be balance. They don't care that you can just buy 48M of stats with furnishings so why would they care that some people would be left out on new spells that they might not be able to afford?

The idea of new spells and or pots is a good one but maybe not such a high boost? Or limit it to mith only?

9. Kasama, there wasn’t an imbalance before, was there? Or are you saying pots and mith were always an imbalance?

They just need to be updated to have the same effect in gameplay as they had before, as everything else has grown in stats except them.

10. Eliminate pots all together since bfe has been expanding with events,showcase,whatever this furniture scheme is
    Mithiril spells need an update and expansion but that’d mean system war would need a corresponding update,which kaw doesn’t seem to wanna budge on.

11. I don't really like this logic.

Yes, there is currently an imbalance but adding to the imbalance makes things worse...

Not better

I agree with you however, with how stats have become so bloated that other items such as mith spells and pots haven't caught up but again, adding to the constant and consistent inflation.

Not how to go about it

12. I endorse this 