Block feature on forums

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by x_x, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everyone says if you have a problem with someone posting your walls or private messages just block them

When it comes to game forums that rule does not apply

It's apparent the mods who are supposed to be regulating the forums will side with your tormentors

They need the block feature to apply to forums

There is a very small group of people who are going around and disrupting threads with off topic comments and spam

They go on a thread and disrupt and when you report them

Yes there is a report button for disruption / off topic (FYI) so it must be against the terms of use

The creator of the thread is punished with the thread being locked

It takes time and effort to create a thread uploading images and people are allowed to just come in waves and have it shut down with down and cynical troll comments

This is obviously against the rules of the forums because there is a button to report these kids for disruption / off-topic

The moderator kids take the side of those who are disrupting and lock those threads quickly

Exibit A viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184286

This is the wrong way to handle the situation, those who violate the rules should be punished

Not punishing the one who took the time and effort in creating the thread that is not against the rules

We need a block feature on forums to do the job of the moderators because they refuse to do moderate those who are spamming, disrupting, and changing the topic

2. Actually, the wrong way to handle the situation is getting upset enough to feel the need to report someone. If you need a safe space without any opinions, open up a notepad document and write down everything you want to say.

Sorry to say but you're just going to have to grow up and learn to deal with other people having fun in their own way. Dont like it? Ignore them. If someone has a legitimate comment on your thread they arent going to be swayed by a couple other posters. Dont fall in the delusion of "that poster could have had something constructive to say, but these TROLLS robbed him of the ability!" That's just being pathetic. Chances are if thats the way you think then the only reason your thread is still alive is because of those off topic posters. Show some respect.

3. KAW, The street, or the court room ...you git whooped all 3 butthurt loser

4. Let’s mesh up x_x and poo_ ideas!

Here’s a few well known “social systems” and how the idea would be implemented within those systems for the idea..

Dictatorship - Op has block button

Theocracy - U can’t block on Sundays or Sabbath

Oligarchy - Only Op and his friends can block

Technocracy - AI will block for you based on keywords

Social media - It it gets 10 dislikes, it gets blocked

Social democracy - Forum readers can vote to block

American Democracy - As above, except poo_ “electoral” vote counts twice as yours

Fascist - Op blocks and strip farms u till u quit

Communist - It won’t get blocked as long as your post aligns with Op.. If not you get sent to the Gulag (in Kaw terms you get sent to that new Yafi “osw training” clan)

Hippy - You can’t block until ur high

Elitist - You press a button and it creates ANOTHER thread on the same topic but it’s with ur views

Pitchfork n Torch Mob - Similar to social media but the button is a vote on the poster of the comment ( and they get banned if there are 10 dislikes)

And lastly the...

Roni - Deduct your own button function here

5. Im sry x_x "THEY" told me to do it.
    You know to much so"THEY"want to stop you.
    "THEY"dont want ppl to know about the secret.

6. I would say stay on topic but this is all very much on topic

There is no mods

7. I know you're a sorry

8. Personally there's so much garbage lately on forums a block button is needed,hit block on certain threads n when you enter forums again the blocked threads are gone allowing for more space for intelligent threads.

9. This works on pc forums, not sure what you're complaining about. Mobile forums have always had fewer features than pc forums because the host is designed for primarily pc use. Would it be nice to be able to block on mobile? Yes, but that's a problem with the forum host, not necessarily ATA directly.

10. G(w)obble G(w)obble

11. That would finally give me a way to block your stupidity.

12. Ignore g_d_m_s_o_b he does the same to me on all my threads.Trys his hardest to insult them too try appear edgey and cool.He lacks the intelligence to create his own captivating threads .So trys to insult all the competition that do excel where he fails to ignite.

13. This guy is a fool

14. Did...did half of this thread just get deleted?

15. Lol all your threads?
    You said i was stalking you and always made comments to you in wc also,thing is we dont share wc.
    You kids are funny,thats all lol
    And you forgot the F in my name,its important

16. The way you block my stupidity is by not reading it

You're going out of your way to come on my threads

That's when I hold your head down and force feed you my content

You act as if my presence on the forums is creating a liability on you to chime in

If you don't like it you can leave it alone

No one forcing you press that comment button, well I can't be sure maybe someone is

Does your dad make you read my threads as if it's your homework?

17. How incredibly ironic

18. making America great again
    TRUMP/PENCE 2020

19. X_ X = COMMUNIST LOSER 

20. Dont even lie g_d_m_f_s_o_b i have never said you insulted me in worldchat because i would have told you about yourself in wc. I only know you from appearing with insults on my threads .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.