* Showcase Edit Proposal *

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Ecstasy, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Hello!
    I think the principle behind a showcase is that we should have some control over how our charms are displayed.

Right now if you have x charms, it's arranged according to the latest charm addition and looks like a total mess. For anyone with the slightest OCD, this is a major peeve.

Here's a simple idea I just thought of. I put together the image on my phone. It's a crude idea, I'm sure the devs could refine it and design it better.

1. Edit Button: You have a button on the top of your showcase that puts you into an Edit Mode.

2. Red Minus Symbol: This would work similarly to some galleries, you can delete a charm when you click on the minus button, with a dialogue box prompt as a confirmation!

Why? I don't want 10 pies that barely give any stats.

3. The Drag 'n Move Arrow: Whilst in edit mode, you can drag a charm and move it whatever position you desire. This would effectively allow you to curate and arrange the charms the way you want them to be!
    Ps: This feature would also allow for two charms to directly swap positions too. That is, is take a charm and hover it over another, they swap positions

4. Lastly, charms as they are added should be added to the bottom of your showcase and not the top.

The point behind a showcase is to have some control over what you have on display in your showcase.
    As the game progresses, it would defeat the purpose of a showcase if you have no manner of control over what is displayed. A haphazard mess of charms is just plain ugly.

Edit: Figured I'd add this here too.

The month old Trading interface needs an update. The current UI/UX is horrendous. It takes me a long time to scroll through 500 charms to find a single charm to trade. A search tab would make this much easier. It would be easier if the player in your contact list could select a charm in your showcase and propose a trade for it.

Any feedback and support is appreciated. :)

2. Support

3. Dear Devs!

Limit the changes and edits and charge for extra changes and edits!!

Cos you know.. I might arrange it chronologically in the morning and by equip type in the afternoon and by the level of painful memories at the Mage by night when I’m feeling extra nostalgic..

As you know VERY WELL by meow..

Those who have OCD.. tend to be ADHD too..

4. You Have OTTER COW DiSorder Too?

5. Support.

No support to Ashes!!

6. I'd rather see charms go top down in order of total stats. Self sorting.

7. We all know Lady Ash will sort it by colour.. like those mood rings!

8. I vhant my ring back. 

9. Why would anyone delete anything in showcase

The point of trading is get rid of crap you don't want by trading it for something you do want

I don't think showcase is equal to trophy case

No support

10. Support this. Then your best ones (and ones most people will want to trade for) will be visible on our profile, and all the rubbish will be on the bottom. This will be more and more useful the more and more rubbish we are given for each event. Especially for all this under a mil stat stuff we get a ton of each event now

11. But.. but.. we exchanged rings to cement our undying love! After all, we both have Ash in our names!

12. If you want to get rid of crap charms, I'll trade you a chest for each lot you don't want.

13. 100% support for this idea

14. This is a good idea. An automatic sort along with the ability to manually sort your charms would be swell!

15. I'll have to think about it over a couple of beers.

16. Ok ok.. I know in this AI assisted days of “Let the computer who is now plugged into a billion other people’s tastes cross referenced into a billion products, suggesting me what I should like”, the art (and more importantly the soul) of sorting and arranging things have gotten out of style..

But (*snickers deliciously)...

I also know that the “modern day disorders” are strong in you dear reader!

So....

Let’s stroll down the rabbit hole shall me?

I will list how the KaW showcase might be reorganized and what “disorders” or “afflictions” you may have..

*Read it at your own risk!!!

A: You want it sorted by stats.. (You just want to scam hoard moth, asw and circlets.. there is another forum thread on that topic right meow)

B: You sort by Levels of enchantment (So that those “defective” non maxed charms are at the bottom and out of sight)

C: You sort them alphabetically (Seriously!!?... Wait they do help when ur trying to trade in the current sucky system where you have to list the names out)

D: You sort them by color (Except ur a control freak and can’t decide whether max enchanted “red” belongs in the original equip red group)

E: You sort them by how Painful they have been for you.. (Ah yup! Now we’re talking old school.. The storm bow which I pounded 1000 TGL’s for and the icetail that burned 1000 aqua will deffo be up there!.. I’m raging as I write!)

F: You sort them by how “pretty” they are (Loves being blinded by shiny max Pneumatic Pauldrons)

G: You sort them by event groups (Its for Kaw historians like Chocolate)

H: You sort them by Fashion (Trading those ugly peasant shoes! I can smell them just by looking at them!)

I: You sort them by function (Hard Kaw Osw folks who are in those third party rooms to borrow specific equip for specific purposes on short notice..)

J: You sort them “Chronologically” (Seriously!!? Again it’s for Kaw historians)

K: You sort them A at 9am, C: at 9:15, F at 9:30, B at 9:35!.... (ADHD much?)

L: Your showcase is empty cos you got fleeced by flame assassin

M: What’s a showcase?!

I shall now leave you with a pic that drives OCD folks nuts!

17. Bump because I just spent an hour doing 65 trades back and forth to sort charms out. :?

*Grumble*

@Ashes, I had to decide how to sort them by. I eventually settled on a stat - rarity combo. I tried sorting some by color but you tend to lose track doing it with 350+ odd charms.
    :lol:

It'd be swell if ATA could introduce an auto sort / manual sort feature.

18. Support

19. I support dis idea a lot.