Trading Update Nerf/Removal

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Sourcewalker, Sep 26, 2017.

1. I am a forum scrub so i don’t know how to make this in pretty colors </3 don’t be mad and read it. Thx

Since the new Trading update has been very polarizing, I want to see what the community as a whole thinks about it. Here are the pro's and con's Ive seen along with my own

Under this i hope for people to say support for its removal, for it to stay, or support to stay with a massive nerf. ty

Pros:

1) "This will close the gap between LB And non LB."

To an extent this is true assuming you can collect charms at a faster rate than most LB.
    However smaller accounts will most likely collect at a much slower rate.. As LB have gold and probably more accounts to use as bargaining chips when making trade deals for charms.

2) "Will make more players create alts, therefore increasing overall activity in the game."

Players wanting to increase charm income on one account will be very tempted to create more alts and become active on them to achieve EB event tiers to gain equip, which can then be transmuted and traded too the main account.

3) "Help new accounts hit big EBs right away".

Would definitely help new players in the first few steps, however not essential as they have managed fine in the past. It will only take them 1.5k event items to get equip from legends with most of the static they will need to hit EBs.

4) "Encourages PvP."

This update will definitely create more situations for farming, Such as farming till said person gives up a charm etc. But it almost completely devalues what BFA was worth, Its an unstrippable static that can only be taken by persuading the owner to trade it.
    Osw will become a war to gain the most charms. You may think that it will bring back the hitting aspect which was lost long ago in osw, but it just gives even more reason to hit 40k Items to gain the equipment from event, because if you dont you will start to fall behind in statics.
    Osw mostly consists of strips only now, but I would rather have strips than nothing at all lol.

Cons:

1) "BFA is now worthless compared to BFE from charms"

In a single update, Equipment becomes more valuable than BFA. Thats a big jump and BFE does not cost hardly ANYTHING to generate. This already means that if spenders see BFA for what is has become, they simply dont have reason to spend to earn more. When they could create alts for free and just hit EB Event tiers for the equipment.
    If spenders dont have incentive to spend. Kaw will get less income, Kaw gets less income... Wont be good for the players.

2) "Exploitation with mass BFE Stacking"

If the amount of BFE you can have isnt capped it is easily exploitable with the help of a large group of players. One events worth of equip provides 100's of mill in static bonus which multiplied by the amount of accounts supplying the equip - Can increase statics massively almost by amounts of which t200 ally lb have earnt in BFA in a single event.
    The fact that its possible to create a statless account and with enough help give them more static than Ally LB1 says it all for how much this can be exploited.

3) "Individual wars broken"

Following on from mass stacking charms - BFE is not calculated in indi war matchup. So you could have t200 ally lb statics in a bracket of your choice, it completely makes indi unfair. Only way to fix this would be to count BFE statics into matchmaking

4) "Kaws income hit hard"

Following on from the last point about BFA's value - BFE cannot be purchased directly nor does it have a set value. The amount at which players will pay for certain equips could vary from a seal to volleying gold to said player. This will not create anywhere near as much income as what xtals would bring in from players when BFA was the objective. LB players especially who keep the game running essentially will lose the incentive to spend on training for gold. BFE has already dug BFA's grave and buried it.

Solutions to make this update viable if not reverted;

- Cap the amount which charms can give so it cannot be exploited (3b/3b/3b/3b Seems reasonable)
    - Make BFE equivalent to BFA in all aspects along with nerfing it.

OR

- Completely scrap the charm idea; Make transmuting pay other currency rather than static which you can trade.
    - Keep charms but reduce the static massively, whilst giving equipment an increase in stats all around to help give smaller players larger static

2. I have mixed feelings about it.

I saw someone who's been farming smaller players for their EQ and succeeding at it, nice to see some PvP happening there.

Then I saw some LB with 7+ ice tails.
    Players have already swapped out EQ with alts and are proceeding to make more alts to grind items though events.

If the EQ from this event if anything to go by, I think the devs plan to substantially increase the stats from subsequent event EQ. Which would then make it, BFE>Charms>BFA as opposed to the Charms>BFE right now.

Guess only time will tell. When it comes to ATA, they don't usually think things though.

3. i like colors

One sec I forget what my color was

Is fuchsia not a color anymore?

I am angry

Never mind, fixed, thought you needed quotations for some reason. Been awhile.

4. you are correct in your analysis, the devs fix for this mess up is to make the bonus from charms so smal compared to the eq you are currently wearing by making the bonus from eq in these next few events so large they overshadow those given by charms. The problem with this fix it doesn't affect the underlying issue of it being exploited esp how it ruins indi wars even more by making build less revelant

5. Pvp hasn't been updated in years anyway. They just add another system on top of it and it becomes relevant again?

Gr8

This tells me they have no intention of revamping pvp any time soon.

6. Give it up already Faust you are not important enough for the devs to listen to. Just keep buying seals and devs keep smiling . We need guys like you to fuel up the game few more month to last

7. Increasing the current bfe may still also break Indi wars at lower brackets though. Those with the best equipment get stronger, those with less than the best get stronger, but at a slower rate.

8. Pimd has had showcase and gifting forever this update will never be removed no matter how much it messes up the game.

9. Ive been saying for while that bfa is the only aspect of kaw that hasn't become more powerful for too long, make 100t bfa neceassary for ever 100mcs you are, ally inflation will rise but more bfa in itself will make that worth it

10. Easiest solution would be counting bfe as effective stats aswell.Limitating the useable bfe to 3/3/3/3 would be nice aswell.Full support on a nerf

11. The rich grow richer. This update was never aimed to make the gap less but to grow it as the moves who are ardy rich get more charms 

12. How about nerf a charm after its been traded.. So its original power is only as good to the original owner but becomes less when traded to avoid the “mass charm stacking” or atleast subvert it for a while

13. Code:

[color=red] 

This text will be red

[/color] 

I'm not interested in trading, scamming, or extortion

That being said I haven't updated kaw to enable trading, putting it off because I don't care

The huge amount of equipment and charms we get every 2 weeks is plenty enough for me, my bfe is growing like never before

So why should I beg for items, trick people into trading, or scam them with game gold

I'm getting plenty of items just from playing kaw, trading is just a non issue for me