KaW 'the original'

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby WinkMurdered on Sep 25 2017, 12:56pm

Swabia wrote:Corinthian made a thread on this calling it KaW classic or something.

It made sense. Still does.

I think they can actually fix this KaW though.

Bring back the original game math from Dec 2009 on attacks, steals, and strips. Leave the inflation Idgaf.

Fights don't do anything anymore.

If you paid to have your account and Gutterbomb decided to go on a tear and come get you than by golly you'd clan up if he could actually destroy real money you invested and even worse if he could burn your lands or buildings.

Some ungodly horrible jerks would arise like iG, Zaft, PE, or the Mercs and the rest of KaW would quake in fear of their real cash being lost again.

Really, my ability to scare anyone has been gone since 2011 since I can't strip them alone anymore over the course of days or weeks on my hourly timer. I used to pick some forums clown and take him to task just because it was possible.

Ecw420guy showed KaW what fear was and they let that spark burn out when they got rid of the rules that made him a terror. I learned to be horrible from the most horrible players exploiting the rules the best. They stacked the game to build cash and it's on a bad vector now to obsolescence.


Love this
WinkMurdered
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Aug 31 2012, 11:58pm

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby MewTwo on Sep 25 2017, 5:05pm

Original KaW is not like people paint it. At the start people hate in actives to hit. Then osf came in with the 5x rule so everyone got some free money. Then clan system was introduced and some brilliant person found u could make mad money warring and forfeiting to the osf side. Then ebs came in Mith rewards replaced gold for system wars. This was when we saw the rise of Ebs. Then HTE/RoTWB came in and we saw the rise of premium ebs. Now we are still riding the wave of bigger and better premium ebs.

TL:DR version

KaW was never this free for all place. Yes some might of made it so but it never made a big enough splash.
MewTwo
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 17 2016, 9:15pm

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby DrunkenBoss on Sep 26 2017, 9:44am

Umm it's one the best win in the past kinda still is but the whole plunder war was ppl getting around the system to grow and made clans and destroyed them and it wasn't a pay to grow system is was a pay to dominate system. The idea of paying for ebs I feel killed it a bit to stay up with the big dog when it wasn't the case unless fighting lb b4 that now just running something like a haunting won't get u no where. Big part of ppl not staying around is how long it takes to get in the game and if they make it easier then they upset those who have played for years if someone can get into the big leagues in a matter of 3 months when it took many of us 3 years + to get there or stay there
DrunkenBoss
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Feb 21 2012, 2:13am

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby MewTwo on Sep 26 2017, 9:51am

DrunkenBoss wrote:Umm it's one the best win in the past kinda still is but the whole plunder war was ppl getting around the system to grow and made clans and destroyed them and it wasn't a pay to grow system is was a pay to dominate system. The idea of paying for ebs I feel killed it a bit to stay up with the big dog when it wasn't the case unless fighting lb b4 that now just running something like a haunting won't get u no where. Big part of ppl not staying around is how long it takes to get in the game and if they make it easier then they upset those who have played for years if someone can get into the big leagues in a matter of 3 months when it took many of us 3 years + to get there or stay there

Yes but remember if u joined the game now and saw these stats and we were on the same growth plan as when game started no one would join. Devs made it so new players have a chance to catch up(with some money of course) but still a chance. Pwars was the era of botting and I remember a new person getting the war spoils and being a 4m OSF in a matter of 2day time period. That is like someone today joining and in 2days being 2.6B CS.
MewTwo
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 17 2016, 9:15pm

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby IXAXI-Exquisite-IXBXl on Sep 26 2017, 11:08am

About_30_Penguins wrote:Sadly the early versions of the game had no clan system and was literally farming quests or other players. This kept everything low gold and made growth slow in ever facet of the game.

Hence the better days. P2w was irrelevant
IXAXI-Exquisite-IXBXl
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Jul 28 2013, 9:04am

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby DrunkenBoss on Sep 26 2017, 11:59am

Man in black yes easier which makes some already feel short changed but they can't make it easy enough that more would stay without pissing ppl off such as bc being 2-3 months like it was back in 2010
DrunkenBoss
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Feb 21 2012, 2:13am

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby MewTwo on Sep 26 2017, 12:44pm

DrunkenBoss wrote:Man in black yes easier which makes some already feel short changed but they can't make it easy enough that more would stay without pissing ppl off such as bc being 2-3 months like it was back in 2010

Yes but I am ~400$ in and a year later and I hate to say it not even close.( I did take 7months off so guess it is closer to 5months being active)
MewTwo
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Jun 17 2016, 9:15pm

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby -Spartacus- on Sep 28 2017, 7:26am

Good to see gutter and swabia still alive. I agree with both of them, old way was better by far. 2009/2010 clan wars for mith and bfa counted would be good for me!!
-Spartacus-
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Feb 26 2012, 11:05am

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby DrunkenBoss on Sep 28 2017, 9:47am

_______The_Man_In_Black_______ wrote:
DrunkenBoss wrote:Umm it's one the best win in the past kinda still is but the whole plunder war was ppl getting around the system to grow and made clans and destroyed them and it wasn't a pay to grow system is was a pay to dominate system. The idea of paying for ebs I feel killed it a bit to stay up with the big dog when it wasn't the case unless fighting lb b4 that now just running something like a haunting won't get u no where. Big part of ppl not staying around is how long it takes to get in the game and if they make it easier then they upset those who have played for years if someone can get into the big leagues in a matter of 3 months when it took many of us 3 years + to get there or stay there

Yes but remember if u joined the game now and saw these stats and we were on the same growth plan as when game started no one would join. Devs made it so new players have a chance to catch up(with some money of course) but still a chance. Pwars was the era of botting and I remember a new person getting the war spoils and being a 4m OSF in a matter of 2day time period. That is like someone today joining and in 2days being 2.6B CS.


For staying on 2 full days if not botting to stay open they can have the war gold they put in massive effort still remember a time one of our osf ran out of pots they came in CC with a umm we are running low on pots and need gold can anyone open back when the space bar still worked lol a time we made the game work for us rather then the devs giving it to us like ebs do
DrunkenBoss
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Feb 21 2012, 2:13am

Re: KaW 'the original'

Postby PeanutButterWithJellyTime on Sep 28 2017, 10:57pm

_______The_Man_In_Black_______ wrote:Original KaW is not like people paint it. At the start people hate in actives to hit. Then osf came in with the 5x rule so everyone got some free money. Then clan system was introduced and some brilliant person found u could make mad money warring and forfeiting to the osf side. Then ebs came in Mith rewards replaced gold for system wars. This was when we saw the rise of Ebs. Then HTE/RoTWB came in and we saw the rise of premium ebs. Now we are still riding the wave of bigger and better premium ebs.

TL:DR version

KaW was never this free for all place. Yes some might of made it so but it never made a big enough splash.


We are talking about before all that fam.
PeanutButterWithJellyTime
 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Jun 4 2011, 4:57pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests