Idea to get a new player base.

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby Kasama on May 5 2018, 4:18pm

GraveLSA wrote:Before I propose my idea, firstly the tutorial needs to be reworked it doesn't help new players understand the concepts of the game well enough.

Secondly kaw needs ads, its rediculous that we dont have any.

similar ideas have been rejected in the past but the times have changed I think.

World of Warcraft has one of the best player retention of any game over 3 years old and they do it by giving new players high level accounts so they arent left behind.

My idea is to either

A: give everyone and item that gives 15m bonus to allies for each stat (60mcs)

OR

B: add in the tutorial the ability to choose a type of build (after teaching about those builds) and it will automatically generate a hfbc build based on what they chose

The issue with B is that already existing players who arent hfBC get left with nothing , my simple solution to that is to make everything before abyss free (both lands and upgrades) (36~mcs)

The main complaint about similar ideas in the past is that the oldies worked for those stats and now people will get them for free. This is backwards thinking since 1. People wre 4.5bcs now, 36-60mcs is nothing and B: its 50x easier to make gold now then before abyss release so this is already occuring anyway.

What do you guys think?

keep it on topic please

A better tutorial is necessary, yes. I think they put too much responsibility on mentors. If the newbie even manages to find one.

Ads? Like ads within loading screens that advertise other games or random ads that pop up during gameplay and you have to wait a few moments before you can exit them?

They are terrible, or are you referring to ads that KaW puts out to advertise KaW?

You also have to pay a premium in WoW, KaW doesn't really have a subscription thing going and besides, with these b2b events, newbies have all the gold they need to get pretty large stats.

First idea
That wouldn't change anything, giving EVERYONE a permanent eq that boosts stats will just cancel out it's effects. It would absolutely change nothing other than give everyone a little extra attack power in their ebs.

Giving someone HFBC without doing anything to deserve it is bad enough. People had to spend X hours, days, months, years trying to achieve such a build and you want to give it to them after a brief little run down over builds and such.

That's kind of silly.

If it's so easy to obtain gold, allow them to obtain the gold and get HFBC, atleast they'll have accomplished something than have something handed to them.
Kasama

Postby Jackson on May 5 2018, 5:12pm

support
Jackson

Postby -SK-Destro on May 5 2018, 8:12pm

The social aspect is what made this a great game in the beginning. Over the years the addition of ebs and legends has basically destroyed the user base. Increasing stats or creating a more in depth tutorial imo will not help if people are just bored of clan hopping for the next legends rewards. KaW needs to return to its roots, but I think we are to far gone for that.
-SK-Destro

Postby Haj on May 6 2018, 1:15pm

Support
Haj

Postby Tzshifter on May 6 2018, 2:55pm

Lower the regen rate by half would be a start. Advertise more would be a second start. This games not even in the top 100 strategy games on the app store thats no good.
Tzshifter

Postby Rikkimaru on May 6 2018, 3:57pm

AshesOfEden wrote:Support! We need meatshields!!!

Moar meatshields!!!

Aella, Grave and Ashes

I agree. Moar meatshields
Rikkimaru

Postby Athena on May 8 2018, 12:38pm

It's decent because the first couple lands are basically 0 stats lol

If it's all free, people would use it to make money off of indefinitely - so probably not that precisely
Athena

Postby lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI on May 8 2018, 1:35pm

AshesOfEden wrote:Support! We need meatshields!!!

Moar meatshields!!!

Aella, Grave and Ashes

I wanna know: Who is that huge Schnitzel in Ashes' hand?

/edit:
Good thread though-im supporting it.
Tbh im quite sure kaw could even experience a real Renaissance if it would be managed properly and with some passion.
lIlIlIlILlIlIOlIlIWlIlIlIlI

Postby WonderWeasle on May 8 2018, 2:51pm

No support, make the peons work!
WonderWeasle

Postby Thought on May 8 2018, 5:39pm

Support just so we get different and new people rather than alt after alt. Need some way of bringing in new people.
Thought

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests