Idea to get a new player base.

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby Grave on Sep 12 2017, 8:13pm

________G_D_M_F_S_O_B_____ wrote:Start over on a new server with hl as max land and low tier ebs and no legend.



Only issue means that our serve eventually dies


I would like to see a pvp only server with pvp crux chests and pvp events though
Grave
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby DoC-Ashaya-RoC on Sep 12 2017, 8:14pm

Clam wrote:
_BLASTOISE_ wrote:Single dumbest thing I've ever read. New players get enough free stuff, they don't need more.


What's your suggestion?

The notion of "I had to work for it, so everyone should," doesn't work. That mentality does nothing but further doom this game. New players have absolutely zero incentive to put effort into a game where they essentially have no hope of ever competing at the top levels in a palatable time frame.

Even by giving them hf they don't. In current kaw, it takes maybe 2 weeks to hfbc. Less if you know what you are doing. The only difference this makes is new players will actually have a build to play with. Not some shoddy tower build because they got hit once.
DoC-Ashaya-RoC
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Dec 23 2016, 3:20am

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby lISIIPIl-Heated-IlLlIBIl on Sep 12 2017, 8:19pm

I'm not even hfbc yet lol
lISIIPIl-Heated-IlLlIBIl
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Jul 27 2011, 1:51pm

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby chad_da_king on Sep 12 2017, 8:36pm

Good thought, but I object for a different reason...alts ,to a person where 25t is pennies ppl would create alts on computer build themselves a hfbc or whatever you propose then make it 5t ... The new ppl wanting to actually pvp would be outmatched from the start on a tier to tier basis a 10m can't really fight a 9m with comparable equip and 300mbfa it's perfectly fair to create an alt and keep it but you would allow them to get ridiculously high bfa with just a little event effort
Beyond that it would ruin the already suffering ally market would it
chad_da_king
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Apr 16 2014, 4:29am

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby Grave on Sep 12 2017, 8:59pm

PolybotesLSA wrote:Personally, I think that both a and b can be avoided with just an updated tutorial.

The current tutorial, as far as I'm aware, has the player build a stable and guild and then hit an account once. Then they get thrown into the game with OSW, strips, LL/individual wars, EBs, allies, legends, build types, etc. The tutorial doesn't accurately depict the game at all.

Also, while I have no real idea how much marketing and advertisements cost in regards to games, I'd be willing to bet the devs could afford something. When smash monsters was created, I saw it on a pop-up ad on another game.

Support to these ideas in the sense that devs should look into something regarding them.




The only issue with avoiding giving new players moderate size accounts, is new players take one look at the lb and quit.



-X-roni-X- wrote:Sorry but this is a really stupid idea. A game is to play and work your way up to strength.A lot of people pay for h.t.e to get to hoarfrosts and above faster. Why should new people get it all for free when lots on kaw have shelled out real money to advance themselves.That wouldnt be right. New people get a good start already but your ideas are just taking libertys and being greedy.But doing that you would be taking out all the fun to acceive it yourself.



You are part of the problem, as i said above new players dont want to even try when they see 4.5bcs accounts when they maybe grow 500kcs an event.



_______The_Man_In_Black_______ wrote:I think A is not worth it now without giving people more to start. I started back before legends and spent a fair amount to only reach 30m CS in two weeks. Now people can reach that with no money spent in 1week. Now also giving people HFBC accounts would help them stay and I think making things free rather then tokens would be easier for devs. But you will always find people complain about having to work for it and now it is just given out freely. Those are the people with 200T in allies on the low end making enough to HFBC in a day. So as far as getting people to stay with game having the x2 plunder and low lands is not enough to get people to stay and get into KaW.



Im 400mcs and i still cant get 30mcs in a week unless i dump 100$+ into the game

You do realize the majority of kaw of f2p right?


Faust wrote:A won't work, or is simply just flawed. Ruins wars as an item with 60 Mcs added as static would ruin the 3 lowest teirs(currently bfe anyways is ruining it as well as bfa). It also no use as even the 15k eq given from events normally give enough static to hit almost every eb once you have 3-4 pieces of them. B personally wouldn't enjoy it. Everyone who is active should be at least trying should be at least HFBC already 1-2 events in. The amount of tokens being given out is already insane



False, that would just boost the first 3 teirs in size. Second falsehood you made is that people get hfbc in a few events, make an alt rn and pm me the name and post here when you get hfbc, it will take you atleast a year of you unload 10x a day. Unless you dump some major cash into kaw.
Last edited by Grave on Sep 12 2017, 9:23pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grave
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby Grave on Sep 12 2017, 9:01pm

DoC-Ashaya-RoC wrote:

Even by giving them hf they don't. In current kaw, it takes maybe 2 weeks to hfbc. Less if you know what you are doing. The only difference this makes is new players will actually have a build to play with. Not some shoddy tower build because they got hit once.



Do you realize how little gold and event items small accounts make , even with these events it takes almost a year to hfbc and thats just the beginning.



chad_da_king wrote:Good thought, but I object for a different reason...alts ,to a person where 25t is pennies ppl would create alts on computer build themselves a hfbc or whatever you propose then make it 5t ... The new ppl wanting to actually pvp would be outmatched from the start on a tier to tier basis a 10m can't really fight a 9m with comparable equip and 300mbfa it's perfectly fair to create an alt and keep it but you would allow them to get ridiculously high bfa with just a little event effort
Beyond that it would ruin the already suffering ally market would it



That already happens , and if we actually got a new boon of players and kaw doubled in size we would save the ally market .
Last edited by Grave on Sep 12 2017, 9:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grave
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Apr 16 2012, 9:22pm

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby SlimeInDisguise on Sep 13 2017, 2:41am

Satan wrote:
________G_D_M_F_S_O_B_____ wrote:Start over on a new server with hl as max land and low tier ebs and no legend.


I like this idea.

I also like the OP's idea for kaw as it is now. New tutorial actually explaining pvp, build type ins and outs, clans, and allies . New players pick a build and are given HFBC. Old players below that level get the tokens to finish their builds to HFBC. Get some advertisements out about the one of a kind pvp, and make events as profitable in pvp through the entire events as much as just hitting ebs.


While it may sound like a good idea to you, I'd imagine that LBers would not take kindly to having their accounts that they spent thousands on, reset.
SlimeInDisguise
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 5 2015, 7:34am

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby lIllI-Jellyfish-IllIl on Sep 13 2017, 8:21am

I would make those buildings free as well then so you can't make a new account to sell all the buildings and volley gold to main. Also war accounts who use a lot of bfe and bfa need to have low cs to take advantage of matchup algorithm so they would prefer if they could sell he buildings
lIllI-Jellyfish-IllIl
 
Posts: 18
Joined: May 11 2017, 8:17pm

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby -Young_Khalifa- on Sep 13 2017, 9:29am

The lands through HF maybe free, but I'd say half price would be better. Also all building ug should be halved at most as well.
-Young_Khalifa-
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Jul 28 2013, 9:04am

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby ________G_D_M_F_S_O_B_____ on Sep 13 2017, 10:30am

SlimeInDisguise wrote:
Satan wrote:
________G_D_M_F_S_O_B_____ wrote:Start over on a new server with hl as max land and low tier ebs and no legend.


I like this idea.

I also like the OP's idea for kaw as it is now. New tutorial actually explaining pvp, build type ins and outs, clans, and allies . New players pick a build and are given HFBC. Old players below that level get the tokens to finish their builds to HFBC. Get some advertisements out about the one of a kind pvp, and make events as profitable in pvp through the entire events as much as just hitting ebs.


While it may sound like a good idea to you, I'd imagine that LBers would not take kindly to having their accounts that they spent thousands on, reset.

Why would they have to reset?its kaw on a another server
________G_D_M_F_S_O_B_____
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Jul 14 2013, 5:34am

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests