Idea to get a new player base.

Share your ideas and request new features.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Idea to get a new player base.

Postby Chop-Suey on Sep 12 2017, 9:14am

How about any advertising lol
Chop-Suey

Postby MewTwo on Sep 12 2017, 9:49am

I think A is not worth it now without giving people more to start. I started back before legends and spent a fair amount to only reach 30m CS in two weeks. Now people can reach that with no money spent in 1week. Now also giving people HFBC accounts would help them stay and I think making things free rather then tokens would be easier for devs. But you will always find people complain about having to work for it and now it is just given out freely. Those are the people with 200T in allies on the low end making enough to HFBC in a day. So as far as getting people to stay with game having the x2 plunder and low lands is not enough to get people to stay and get into KaW.
MewTwo

Postby DoC-Ashaya-RoC on Sep 12 2017, 9:52am

As much as i agree with the tutorial being fixed, i don't think "in depth build mechanics" are the way to go. Its a balancing act. Give enough that they want to learn more, but not so much that their brain hurts. Beyond that, support this idea
DoC-Ashaya-RoC

Postby RebelAli on Sep 12 2017, 9:58am

This game gonna die soon anyway
RebelAli

Postby RS-roni-RS on Sep 12 2017, 10:44am

Sorry but this is a really stupid idea. A game is to play and work your way up to strength.A lot of people pay for h.t.e to get to hoarfrosts and above faster. Why should new people get it all for free when lots on kaw have shelled out real money to advance themselves.That wouldnt be right. New people get a good start already but your ideas are just taking libertys and being greedy.But doing that you would be taking out all the fun to acceive it yourself.
RS-roni-RS

Postby Skeletor on Sep 12 2017, 5:56pm

Generic Brand A ketchup doesn't ever advertise. It just sits on the shelf and sometimes get purchased for bad office parties.

A more robust tutorial would help. Back in ye olden days...one could rely on the playerbase to give organic instructions and tutelage. The playerbase now is so whittled down (populace of a large high school) and entrenched..this organic master/pupil thing doesn't really exist. You can usually safely assume that the few newbie grays that pop up...are alts.

So...yeah...a tutorial would help. Or some better PvP options.
Skeletor

Postby _BLASTOISE_ on Sep 12 2017, 6:21pm

Single dumbest thing I've ever read. New players get enough free stuff, they don't need more.
_BLASTOISE_

Postby Clam on Sep 12 2017, 6:36pm

Support.

I like your second proposal best grave. We need new players, no doubt about it. And starting peeps with a foundation build is a great start.

I'd take it one step further as well. New players get stuck in a clan of other new players and they can't leave for 15 days (but visitors can come and go). That way, they build relationships, which is the bedrock of kaw and get the benefit of having knoledgable vets cycle in and out for whatever ebs that are being run (preferably the typical goth/lotl/br rotation).

This is also a great opportunity for folks to try out roles, i.e. perhaps 1 day each new player gets to be war chief.

Once people's 15 days is up, they're free to go and wander or stick around and hang with their new buds.
Clam

Postby Clam on Sep 12 2017, 6:47pm

_BLASTOISE_ wrote:Single dumbest thing I've ever read. New players get enough free stuff, they don't need more.

What's your suggestion?

The notion of "I had to work for it, so everyone should," doesn't work. That mentality does nothing but further doom this game. New players have absolutely zero incentive to put effort into a game where they essentially have no hope of ever competing at the top levels in a palatable time frame.
Clam

Postby _BLASTOISE_ on Sep 12 2017, 8:10pm

Clam wrote:
_BLASTOISE_ wrote:Single dumbest thing I've ever read. New players get enough free stuff, they don't need more.

What's your suggestion?

The notion of "I had to work for it, so everyone should," doesn't work. That mentality does nothing but further doom this game. New players have absolutely zero incentive to put effort into a game where they essentially have no hope of ever competing at the top levels in a palatable time frame.

New players don't need anything. It's very simple if you don't want to work get you bigger stats then don't play the game. Also events already give new players a huge advantage.
_BLASTOISE_

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas + Feature Requests