Clan Loyalty suggestion *new feature*

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by ZE-Loki-RG, Jul 31, 2017.

1. In my opinion what KAW has to do is find a way to reward players for staying in a single clan. plunder bonuses... event drop bonuses... war bonuses... it can all be summed up as a Loyalty bonus. Your Loyalty bonus increases for each <timeframe> remained in your home clan, and decreases at a rapid rate with <timeframe> spent outside your home clan, once it hits 0, the clan your in is deemed to be your new 'Home' this of course means for clan hoppers, your home clan may change on a daily (hourly?) basis... however they will never reap the true rewards of it as they'll have such a low loyalty score that it accounts for nothing. On the other hand players that grow together, work together, fight together, they grow a bond... they grow 'loyalty' and are rewarded for this.

its fair to all. it helps your war clan, and in this particular case even makes theoretical sense. a clan that spends a year solid with one another training and fighting would have a strategic edge over any other clan as is... and now its shown. it helps your eb clans, preventing item runners.

Once up and running the old Clan Prestige leaderboard could be replaced with the new Clan Loyalty leader board, where the total tiers would be added up from the top 100 members of the clan (a few of you understand the need for this statement) and displayed as an overall clan loyalty score!

*** EDIT ***
    Found an exceptionally similar idea at:
    http://forum.kingdomsatwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=183473

*** EDIT *** (added from below)
    Proposed tiers could be:\
    Tier 1 - 24 in same clan (2% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 2 - 72 hours in same clan (4% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 3 - 1 week in same clan (6% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 4 - 2 weeks in same clan (8% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 5 - 4 weeks in same clan (10% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 6 - 2 months in same clan (12% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 7 - 4 months in same clan (14% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 8 - 6 months in same clan (16% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 9 - 9 months in same clan (18% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 10 - 1 year in same clan (20% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)

On the flip side, loyalty fades quickly...
    for every 24 hours out of the clan you built your loyalty in you lose 1 tier

This would allow for freedom within clan still. If you want to pop out of clan for a few hours to help a sub clan unlock some ebs, or sure.. do a quick item hunt, just be back within 24 hours. Can you manipulate this? Sure. But you'd have to work hard at it, and have a clan willing to enable you. As you can see, this is not designed to force loyalty... i'm not going to feign loyalty to a clan i am not loyal to for a bonus lower than I can get from BR for a month. Or moreso, feign loyalty for a whole year for a bonus less than i can get from a simple crux chest...

...however as someone that has shown loyalty for a full year, I was here because I wanted to be here, my extra 20% feels like a true reward at that point.

2. Agree.

Clan "loyalty" has always been one of kaw's most elusive feature. Yes, there are clan achievements which gives additional damage. But what about the other and most impt aspect of kaw? PLUNDER!!! (PvE or PvP).

Why don't we explore that next time, Devs? ?

3. A hall pass for those who stay long enough. Seems interesting. To many newbs trolling clans for better ebs then bounce when they take what they want.

4. If players need an incentive to be loyal then They aren't truly anyway. Stop complaining and get on with it whiners

5. Agreed

6. I believe all loyalty starts from somewhere. Think of something your loyal to, and ask yourself "why?" What made you loyal to it? Outside KAW even, maybe its Nike? Gotta love a good pair of Nike's right? But why? They're comfortable. They're stylish. Their 'cool'. aren't those the reasons that you tried them?

The Clan Loyalty bonus is designed to be a way to get people to get into those clans and try them out, an incentive. The early steps would be perhaps quickly inclining to say Tier 3 (see bottom of this post), however lets use the same analogy. New Balance comes out with a similar style shoe, similar price, pretty comfy too. Will you betray Nike to go to New Balance now? Umm, no.

See, even a tier 10 bonus (again, see below) would not be so much to convince people that they must stay, it would create the loyalty, but it will reward what has been established. It will push clans to become what they once were, tight nit groups of people, like minded and protective of their clans. A high tier loyalty bonus would take time to build... many of us would never see it, as you're bound to jump to a friendly clan sometime. But in the meantime, you and your friends that are hanging out in the same clan you have been for a year... well you're getting a bonus for that.

Proposed tiers could be:\
    Tier 1 - 24 in same clan (2% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 2 - 72 hours in same clan (4% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 3 - 1 week in same clan (6% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 4 - 2 weeks in same clan (8% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 5 - 4 weeks in same clan (10% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 6 - 2 months in same clan (12% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 7 - 4 months in same clan (14% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 8 - 6 months in same clan (16% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 9 - 9 months in same clan (18% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)
    Tier 10 - 1 year in same clan (20% plunder PVE/PVP/event bonuses)

On the flip side, loyalty fades quickly...
    for every 24 hours out of the clan you built your loyalty in you lose 1 tier

This would allow for freedom within clan still. If you want to pop out of clan for a few hours to help a sub clan unlock some ebs, or sure.. do a quick item hunt, just be back within 24 hours. Can you manipulate this? Sure. But you'd have to work hard at it, and have a clan willing to enable you. As you can see, this is not designed to force loyalty... i'm not going to feign loyalty to a clan i am not loyal to for a bonus lower than I can get from BR for a month. Or moreso, feign loyalty for a whole year for a bonus less than i can get from a simple crux chest...

...however as someone that has shown loyalty for a full year, I was here because I wanted to be here, my extra 20% feels like a true reward at that point.

7. Just keep recruiting

We don't need to reward inactives

Kick them and replace them

People will be loyal if they leave for a minute and can't get back in because the clan is full

If they ever get back in they'll want to stay

8. Its literally a post for eb fairies

9. Im pretty sure someone would pick a clan they would WANT to stay in so they can ENJOY their 1 year stay. No one gonna go to a clan they wont enjoy themselves in unless its a hte clan

10. This is cool, add the ability for clans to band together in official alliances and as long as you remain in your alliance you lose no bonuses. That way members can transfer between their own alliance sub clans with no penalty. Plus it will be much easier to see which clans are sub clans of other clans.

11. You stole my idea lmao post that in the post above

12. Amazingly I hadn't seen your post, but I will certainly link it in the main post here as well, I think i found the one you referenced.

13. So what you want is a system that stops people from moving between clans so much?

Can you not see how that would make it harder for a good clan to grow and attract members?

That said:

People leave clans in order to reach the next tier of ebs. Rather than plunder bonuses, how about some kind of pve bonus?

X number of members staying y number of days means everyone in clan gets some kind of pve buff that allows eb progression quicker than normal?

Goodness knows if the game mechanics can support this, but it would make it feel the clan is progressing. Plunder bonuses then kind of happen anyway due to eb progression...?