Clan Based Promo Idea - EB and PVP

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Thanatos-Korgano, Feb 1, 2017.

1. I've got an idea for a clan based promo. I've had the idea for awhile and decided maybe it was worth tossing out there for others' thoughts and ideas to improve it.

Basically, a second promo, that runs alongside the individual promos that we currently have. This second promo is clan centered though.

The basics... every hit on an eb in that clan is worth 1 item, regardless of eb diffuculty (ie. warbeasts vs. haunts vs. lotl). By hits I mean atks/steals/assassinations/scouts ONLY, item stages like haunting don't count. Obviously, a more difficult eb will require more hits and thus more drops...but will also take longer so the drops per hour/day really come down to how active the clan is.

If a clan has 1000 hits on ebs in that clan that day, they get 1000 items. It doesn't matter if the hitters stay for one eb or the whole day. Devs just simply take the eb history and award the clan drops based on successful hits on the eb. The rewards are then also clan based and not set to the person. For example, say a clan makes a reward tier that gives a plunder bonus for a week. Basically, it works just like battle cry as a plunder bonus for anyone in the clan hitting the eb while the bonus is active. If the person leaves, they take their individual spells with them but not the clan's spells. The idea then is to promote some clan unity. Stay in clan to build the biggest reward possible, then stay in clan to reap that big reward after the promo ends.

There's no reason this setup couldn't run at the same time as an individual promo like we have going now. If anything, it would probably work best to do them together as it's a double incentive for folks to xstal, etc. Premium ebs such as HTE, RWB, and ZTA could drop at a 1.5x rate to incentivize the purchase of those items. Battle cry also should boost drop rates to 1.25x.

Off hand, without lots of xstals, I'd say most "full" clans see about 30k hits per day (so about 420k over 14 day promo). That's about 6 unloads from 80 people per day with some extra glitch hits. So, maybe make some basic tiers like we have for individual rewards and then a top 1, 10, and 50? Something like that?

So, what do you all think for rewards? Plunder bonuses are the most obvious and easy to implement I would think. Otherwise perhaps some new clan stuff could be rewarded like additional admin spots? #1 clan gets 1 additional spot so could have 101 members with a cap at 120 like foxes and ig? Add a new clan ranking like the old war prestige rankings but based on average finishing place in the clan promo? Any other ideas?

Also, the clan promo setup could be used for PVP as well. All those who cast for PVP and get rewards in clan get the clan 1 item per successful atk or steal on other PVP cast players. Anything to help PVP would be awesome. Award large PVP plunder bonuses as a reward and I think you'd start seeing more PVP based clans and many more accounts in OSW opting in. If you're gonna hit Zaft/Apoc/whoever all day anyway, wouldn't it be nice to get 50% bonus plunder per hit while doing it? 100% bonus plunder?

2. Reserved for good ideas from other folks smarter than me

3. Clan loyalty incentives are long overdue imo and I couldn't think of a better way of implementing them than a clan based event.

4. Support 100% We, as a community, need ways like this to encourage the loyalty piece. I like how you balanced the event throughout the ebs TK.
    I believe this would bring encouragement for the clan to work together, xtal, and add to CC chatter. Well put together post.

5. Support. We are way over due for a clan based event. This idea also benefits all of the community. No matter how you play the game.

6. So what about the people who war? Do we get the clan spell when we come back?

7. Why cant they improve loyalty by adding 5% bonus to plunder every month and make the max 50% but its on a timer if your out the clan more then 1 day u lose the bonus

8. Yes, just like the clan having battle cry active, if you leave and come back you don't lose anything. You simply get the bonus during the time that you're in the clan.

At least....that'd be my idea

9. Would be a cool thing to enhance loyalty but I assume trickier for the devs to program. I'm sure they could do it but that wouldn't really prompt anyone to spend more money I don't think. Nothing against the devs but that's their underlying reason for everything that they do. They're a business. McDonalds doesn't put out a new burger because they like you...they want your money.

10. I like this idea. It would be nice to see more events or features centred around clans.

I had been thinking about something clan based myself. It is similar to this event except you could 'opt in' to collect items for a clan. Anyone who earns items while part of the clan they've chosen, contributes to the clan total. If you leave the clan or choose not to work with a clan, you just collect items individually as a regular event. There could be the normal individual reward tiers as well as the clan tiers.

Perhaps there could be a bit of a bonus reward to the top 3 hitters in the clan maybe a seal or some silver bars or something like that. They way people can strive to be super active for their clan also.

I like the idea of plunder bonus being given while in the clan. However I'd suggest you can only receive the plunder bonus when joining the clan again if you've contributed a certain amount or percentage of hits. Otherwise clans with the highest plunder bonus would be getting apps left, right and centre. With a threshold requirement, people actually need to contribute to the clan in a significant way to benefit.

Edit: Not sure if I understood the plunder bit right. If you meant you can only receive the plunder bonus if you've already contributed to the clan, ignore my last point.

11. Okay bud. I'm new to the game, but I would like to have a additional plunder spell too like you said clan spell. I support your idea. But I have a question, Do we lose the clan loyality/spell if we leave clan for Individual/Lowland wars? Thanks!

12. With the idea I posted here, there is no clan loyalty spell so nothing to lose. The spell is tied to the clan, like battle cry. Who is there, who leaves, who returns, changes nothing. The spell effects only who is in the clan hitting the eb at that time and can't be "lost" by leaving and coming back.

13. Support this has been needed for a very long time

14. I don't understand. Does that mean I get to bounce back and forth between 2 clans and receive bonuses from both clans?

15. The bonus is allocated to the clan, not the individual.

For example, if Clan X has a 25% plunder bonus, anyone in the clan has that 25% bonus. As soon as you leave, you lose the 25% bonus. Let's say you then move to Clan Y which has a 10% bonus. You will then have the 10% bonus, not the 25% from the previous clan.

The plunder bonus will stick with the clan rather than move with the individual. Anyone who is in the clan then benefits from the clans extra bonus. And it doesn't stack as you move to different clans.

16. Support.

Just need a good plan not to deprive peeps who war.

17. By the clan loyality/spell I meant the plunder spell. So yes it would be great if it sticks with the clan for certain time period so we can join back and enjoy the extra plunder boost.
    Thanks Again. Support 

18. Just tossing this out there again as the most recent pvp promo was a good sized departure from the "standard" events and the devs seem open to working some new ideas in.

Try this one please, would be fun to see who the most active clans are and get some clan vs clan rivalry that goes beyond the normal osw stuff.

19. Big whoppin Support!!

I mean clan loyalty still needs to be a desired thing for the folks but having sime incentive NOT to have everyone bail out 1st of every event would be nice!

@Thanatos- clan wars have been so obselete it's embarrassing the button is still there lmfao! I agree! bring back a clan war system that can function properly again

I'll add more once I've read thru all these ideas.