Clan Ranking/Funding idea.

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by _________AnOnYmOuS___ShArP, Jul 6, 2015.

1. NEW CLAN REVAMP

Okay guys, I've been thinking of how to improve the clan system and I know some of the ideas I'm going to put forward have been suggested before but I believe I need to go through these points before I include the more original ideas.

The aim of this thread is to provide a way of improving clans to increase player loyalty, make OSW more interesting and generally making the whole idea of being part of a home clan more rewarding.

1. First of all, Ranks.

Many people have suggested we need more ranks. Rather than having preset ranks I believe their should be a tool bar of privileges which can be turned on and off so clan owner can customise ranks, for example:

• Accept new members [ON]
    • Edit Clan Page [OFF]
    • Start EB's [ON]
    • Declare War [ON]
    • Promote lower ranks [ON]
    • Demote lower ranks [OFF]

The list could be expanded and will need to be once I explain my other idea. The advantage of this would be that clans can design ranks to suit themselves.. This way you could have people in charge of War, EB's and also change the name of ranks for example, KotFE could have 'Lord' as an official rank.

I am pretty sure you can get the hang of the idea and there's not much else to explain regarding this. There would probably need to be a limit of 4/5 Ranks to avoid chaos.

2. Clan funds

Okay this is where it gets interesting.
    My idea was kind of inspired by the system war 'war tax'.

What if we could have a similar tax for EB's?

How it would work:

Owner can change tax from 0% - 70% (So if it was 70% then if you made 100m per hit on the EB you'd only make 30m and 70% would be added to clan treasury).

If the owner changed tax mid EB the change would only start from the next EB.

Now, what's the point?Well this cash would go into 'The Treasury' normal members can't see this (it would make life too easy for moles). However the custom ranks could be used to adjust who sees the money and who can access the money.

To prevent fraud (Owner or council just taking everything out) there's a fairly easy solution. For money to be taken out 3 treasurers must have flicked a [Lock/Unlock] switch to enable any treasurer to then take funds. On top of this, there could be a limit to how much one individual can take out a day or an hour.

Banks use a similar method in real life so one person can't just take everything and run.

Problems/Solutions:

A. HTE clans could just rake in trillions and kill the game.
    - they already do, however if people are spending money on seals the chances are HTE clans will have to have a 0-small tax or else sealers will go somewhere else.
    -if this didn't work then devs could just stop all premium EB's (HTE/Revenge) being taxed, this would cause less people to actually run HTE which the devs definitely would not like :').

B. Well it would mean clans would hoard gold which couldn't be touched.
    - True, however it would perhaps motivate people to declare system wars on enemies that would mean that not only was the war tax at steal but also a certain percentage of clan funds.
    - similar to how capital gains tax works: the first 50T could be untaxed in the treasury, the next 50T: 2.5% of clan fund income disappears, ect ect.. This would cause the larger clans to think twice about using this method but would kind of help small osw clans with more limited resources.

C. Could be exploited by treasurers using all the money to upgrade.

- Instead of taking money out it could automatically be used to hire and drop allies thus rebooting the ally market.. A problem with this though it that it could potentially kill the need for fronts.
    - A treasury log (similar to EB log but backdates further) could be implemented. So after each EB you can see how much cash has been generated and you can also see when/who has taken hold out.

This brings me to the end of the thread. I know it's kind of crazy and hopefully you all can point out flaws (Preferably with solutions to go with them!) and we can go from there. □

- Sharp

Credits:

Scrap - BB codes
    v, infin - feedback/ ideas

2. I like your BB codes :lol: :lol:

3. The biggest issue I see with clan treasuries is clans can funnel extra gold to top players. LB players use alts and the money they make can go to the main. And yes, this was suggested in the past.

4. Support

5. Support to the first Idea, the second one can be exploited too easily.

6. LB will use the gold to hire one of their allies and make a profit and the ally gets instantly dropped so they get the ally back cheaper and make a profit #Exploit

7. V's idea to stop this was to make it so treasuries can ONLY hire allies and drop although this could still be exploited. The idea that multiple people must 'unlock' the treasury before any gold can be withdrawn can be used to prevent LB just taking it all. Perhaps once gold enters te treasury it could be converted into another currency that can only be spent on specific things such as ally purchases? Or it could be converted into some kind of reward packages that are dropped to Random members at random times?

8. Who's idea was the drop idea?

9. Anything that deals with revamping the clan system, I am for.

10. I was not finished refining the idea yet not my fault some nubs like to rush things

11. This is such a cool idea, especially the treasury idea!

Support :3

KaW Com has to see this

12. This is where I think any gold for clan treasury should not go to players, but a way to make it go to clans. Maybe upgrading or tiers or something. Just a thought.

13. Like clan permanent bonuses? Like attack % or increased drop rates? That could potentially work!

14. The gold from treasuries could be used to add to the total percentage stat bonus given to the clan members.

15. Good effort and I support it but devs probably can't be bothered if it doesn't make them more $$$

16. Thanks, perhaps if there was a way of introducing a premium item that helped the whole clan and complemented my ideas? This could give the devs an incentive

17. The clan system really needs to revamped. Except the hit ranges and basic mechanics are still broken, so those need to be fixed first.

An improved clan system has been requested for years but it hasn't come.

18. Don't we already have a bot that does all this ?

19. Eh?