[Revamp] Richer Clan Structure/More Clan Customization

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Seth, Jan 6, 2015.

1. So, when I first joined forums, I created a thread on clans and ranks. I wanted more customization, and an overall richer clan structure. This thread can be found here.

I'm going to revamp my original idea with a greater understanding of the game in it's current state. More ideas will be added in my example section, as I have some self explanatory ideas for clans.

[title2]Richer Clan Structure
    [Idea][/title2]

Clans are a great way to group with your friends, make gold and have some fun conversation. However there are individuals out there, who for some reason, like to ruin that fun through false trust.

My idea, not necessarily to fix the issue stated above, is to create a clan system where there is more customization for owners of clans. Owners will be able to create ranks, name them, assign them permissions, and will be able to assign an authority to them.

Basically

Owners would be able to customize the rank structure of their clans.

How would this work?

Well, an owner of a clan would have a button under the manage tab that said "Ranks". When the owner presses this button, it will come up with a list of ranks that the clan contains. To reduce spam of this, there would be a limit of 8 ranks per clan.

In this ranks tab, it would show a list of ranks based off of authority, smallest authority on the bottom, and ascending to the highest authority (owner).

In order for a rank to be valid, it only needs a name. Past that, it's up to the owner of a clan. The owner can name the rank anything up to 32 characters.

Authority is basically who can target who. People of a certain authority can target anyone under their "authority". Since there can only be 8 ranks, there would be a max of 8 "authority".

The owner then has an option to enable certain permissions for that rank. When and owner presses a permission, it toggles between enable and disable, which would be visually represented by a check box. Checked = enabled, and vice versa.

Example

** • means checked **
    ** Gag means to silence a user ONLY **
    ** in clan chat. Kind of like a text mute **

Authority: 8
    Permissions:
    • Assign Rank
    • Edit Ranks
    • Accept Member
    • Kick Member
    • Ban Member
    • Gag Member
    • Send Clan Message
    • Set Clan Announcement
    • Edit Clan Page
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Forfeit Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle
    • Disband Clan

Authority: 8
    Permissions:
    • Assign Rank
    • Edit Ranks
    • Accept Member
    • Kick Member
    • Ban Member
    • Gag Member
    • Send Clan Message
    • Set Clan Announcement
    • Edit Clan Page
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Forfeit Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle

Authority: 6
    Permissions:
    • Assign Rank
    • Edit Ranks (Under Council Authority)
    • Accept Member
    • Kick Member
    • Ban Member
    • Gag Member
    • Send Clan Message
    • Set Clan Announcement
    • Edit Clan Page
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Forfeit Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle

Authority: 5
    Permissions:
    • Accept Member
    • Kick Member
    • Ban Member
    • Gag Member
    • Send Clan Message
    • Set Clan Announcement
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Forfeit Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle

Authority: 4
    Permissions:
    • Accept Member
    • Kick Member
    • Set Clan Announcement
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Forfeit Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle

Authority: 3
    Permissions:
    • Accept Member
    • Start Epic Battle
    • Queue Epic Battle

Authority: 1
    Permissions:

So yes, admins are there to be trusted. This isn't to say "Hey, here's admin but I only trust you with this", it's:
    I still want this. I think the current clan structure is boring.

TL;DR?

Richer and more customizable clan structure idea.

2. Please report any BB Code errors or typos on this thread on my wall/PM.

3. Support. But what is gag?

4. What does it mean to gag a member?

5. Gag is like a mute, but for chat. It would restrict a user in your clan from talking for 2-3 hours. This would be implemented for loyal members of the clan who may need a time out, or for a clan warring, and only wants certain people in cc.

6. I'll be adding gag to original post.

7. Thanks

8. Nah, the clan structure is already good

9. Support. Sounds pretty nice for thous really structured clans

10. Pretty well thought out.

11. Thank you. I think ideas should be thought out.

12. Just 2 things.
    -Clarify ban (although it self explanatory: is it perm or a few days or can the owner choose, should owners have the power to ban?)

-About the gag. Could this be abused? (Owner just doesnt like someone whos there for a friend) Is there/should there be a time limit in between bans?

**Also: Could adding ranks/customization get rid of some inflation by making this cost gold or do you want it all/half/partially free?**

13. About bans and gags: If someone is in an abusive clan, I think they should leave. If a user gets extensively obnoxious/annoying, then there needs to be a kick/ban.

Bans would I guess be on a list, and would be a permission.

About pricing: this is an interesting idea. I think you could be able to purchase visual items to improve/customize clan appearance, and I think ranks should come with the clan, but clan cost needs raising.

14. Thank you :)

15. Excellent effort and I'd like to see this implemented.
    Support!

16. Love the enthusiasm :p thanks, Bliss.

17. This is a whole lotta mumbo jumbo .The clan structure works fine as it is .It does not need any more power tripping bonuses added on for admin......NO SUPPORT :roll: :oops: :roll:

18. Support Definatly

19. You didn't read the end. M8.