Clan finder

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -Chance-2, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Hi forums, I'm here with a Suggestion that may have been suggested before, but I believe this may be more detailed than others.

We all hate clan ads, until we need a clan, right? Well my idea should get rid of wc ads and make wc for people who want to talk to eachother, not get bombarded with dreaded ads when we already have a clan. My idea is that you implement a new button next to clan events, maybe called find a clan, where it has a section for clans that are 'open for recruitment.'

Now the owner of a clan can click a button under manage, called advertise, where he/she can make a little advertisement and title for his/her clan which would be public in find a clan. They would be able to chose from a few different options to help players find what they want. These options may include but are not limited to:

<>Current epic battle<>
    <>epic battle focus (items, plunder etc<>
    <>preffered/minumum cs<>
    <>18 CC<>
    <>system wars/OSW clan<>

These are just some things I've thought of so far, but if implemented there could be unlimited different options as to your liking.

Now what this would do is get rid of world chat advertising by making the posting of ads silencable. Now players that say for example want items, they would search in this for clans interested in EB items, and can find one suitable for the person.

Lastly, the owner can write a small filtered comment about the clan, to make it a personalized advertisement.

This effectively gets rid of ads in wc and let's players chat amongst themselves in wc like everybody wants. More people in wc = more collaboration and banter which makes the game a lot more fun for the average user.

Now, I know this anti-ad in wc idea has been suggested before numerous times, but I think with a 5 year anniversary, it's time to make a change and finally remove those pesky ads from wc, Please do not comment if you are going to say 'already suggested.' I present a new style other than a new chat section.

Tl;dr clan finder where you can search up what kind of clan you want.

2. I actually like this a lot 

3. Supports! This is much better than ads in world chat :)

4. Very nice idea. Support.

5. Support. Good job in this!

6. Support but this would reduce the amount of ads but not completely erase all ads, people post ads to get help or get more members so adding a clan finder option will not make a difference

7. The reduction of ads I'm hoping for is a result of hopefully making ads silenceable.

8. Support like hell.

9. Bump. Email from support, best way to get an idea across to devs is too post in forums. More support = higher possibility an idea will get implemented.

10. Black hand sucks.

11. But it is opposite day.

12. OR IS IT NOT!?

13. So much effort. I hope your dreams come true on this one. Ive seen too many other good ideas get ignored.

14. Support

15. just ban all the chatters that get in the way of the ads, problem solved

16. Alas we must all understand that it takes speakers for wc. No matter if someone posts ads or chats. The thing is as long as speakers can be purchased ata would much rather you post clan ads at a cost of speakers as oppossed to a free clan ad system.
    maybe clans could pay nobs or speakers to have ads posted a certain amount of time. Maybe prime spots cost more speakers etc. Just like the real world of advertising.

17. I like this idea, it could help prevent inactives who are too shy to ask for a clan in WC. Also, I find it ironic that Noob speaks how he does yet is in honor.

18. Honour*