A long wanted update

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by arkst, Oct 21, 2012.

1. The thought of a separate chats for ads and one for normal conversation has been brought up many times but no one has really thought on how to make it work without stressing the moderators on monitoring two chats at the same time. My idea is that there would be 3 bars above the World Announcement, the bars would be labeled 'all', 'talk', and 'ads'. I'm sure you can see how this would work but I'll explain anyway. In the talk section you could enjoy normal conversation with other people who want to talk too without having to search for the replies through the thick hazing of ads. The ads section would be simply that, a place to post your ads. The all section is a place where you can view everything at the same time but only moderators can post in all. This would also allow moderators to monitor both chats at the same time.

This same idea could be adopted for clan chat. Above the Clan Announcement there would be your regular CC and a council chat. The council chat would allow all council members to talk to each other in private or as a council room instead of using that "3rd party app". The owner could alter who is council and who is not in the manage section.

I suppose the idea could be used again for Ally Chat. One for talking to your owner in private and one for talking to your allies in private. There could also be an all chat incase you don't care who you send it to :)

Ooh ooh We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I A full commitment's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other guy I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you We've known each other for so long Your heart's been aching but You're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it And if you ask me how I'm feeling Don't tell me you're too blind to seeNever gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you (Ooh, give you up) (Ooh, give you up) (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give (Give you up) (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give (Give you up) We've know each other for so long Your heart's been aching but You're too shy to say it Inside we both know what's been going on We know the game and we're gonna play it I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Love,
    arkst (the sexy hippopotamus)

2. Reserved for nothing

3. support.

again.

for like the bazillionth time.

this one is better than other similar ideas though.

4. Not a bad idea,
    SUPPORT

5. It's a great idea but I'm not sure that it'll be happening anytime soon if at all.

6. I support this idea bro.

7. 

8. Unless it get's the dev's more money, increasingly harder EB's will take precedence, with burning xtals mandatory. Don't forget the fact to shy away from far and steer us into xtal-hungry mindless EB's!

9. Support more thought then the average Noob

10. How would the different types of messages be sorted? By the sender?

Or would you have to go to the appropriate tab to send?

11. What would we do with a world chat of just chat though? It'd be so weird and difficult to get people to move to the ads channel at first. You can't really silence someone who hasn't gotten the message, or a new player for posting on the wrong channel. It'd be punishment for ignorance. But I guess you've gotta do watcha' gotta do.

12. thats a good idea i like it 

13. It wouldn't matter. If people wanted to find a FoD they would look in the ad section and thus people would want to post their ads there. Anybody can see how it would be more beneficial to post ads in the ads section

14. Orpheus, it would look like the world, clan, and ally tabs but smaller. Sort of like a branch of you want to think of it that way

15. Madness, what they're doing is trying to keep the older and hlbc players happy and something to do or see that things are improving while also not scaring away newbs who are scared they're going to waste a year completing the app. :roll: go away! Nobody wants your bandwagon you demon baby! :twisted:

16. whats to stop ppl from posting ads in normal char?

17. Refer to post 14 please :)

18. Always have supported these ideas... I like the all option too.