An Update on War Testing

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 29, 2014.

1. Updated - 5/30/2014
    The signup period for Closed Beta testing will end at 12PM PDT on Monday June 2nd. If you're interested in helping us Beta Test war changes please sign up using the link below before this date.

Hello everyone,

On behalf of all of us on the Kingdoms at War team, thank you for your help in testing over the last two weeks. Thanks to your help the developers have been able to test out changes and hear your feedback on the idea of BFE scaling.

We began our testing last week by restricting plunder difference between builds with the goal of narrowing the advantage one build had over another. Despite our changes we were not able to drastically alter the outcome without making changes to how these builds work.

We then tested out taking the equipment you had into account when creating matches. This resulted in better matches when looking at players based on actual stats and power, but didn’t solve the issue of imbalance.

Our next round of testing will take place during tomorrow’s 1PM PDT War and will focus primarily on testing out our brand new war rewards system. This system will allow us to give out rewards for a variety of different situations including individual actions, types of participation, and more. During the test of this rewards system we’re going to be giving out an additional Dragon Egg for every successful attack action performed (up to 100) during the war. This may seem like a minor thing to test but it’s a necessary step to ensure we can move forward with this.

At 12PM PDT on Friday we’re going to be performing our final test for the week with our Individual War system. You’ll have to leave your clan and cast Wave of Conflict individually. Then you’ll be automatically placed into a specially created event clan and matched up to fight.

So what happens now?

While the developers learned a lot from this weeks wars there’s still a ways to go. Some of the more drastic changes we want to implement would be far too disruptive to test on a live environment and this means we’ll be looking into Closed Beta Testing for wars.

The developers are still hammering out the details but this closed beta test will take place on a special server created just for testing war changes. During testing we would send out surveys to get detailed feedback on how the changes went and at the end of the event the testing server would go offline.

As mentioned, we’re still hammering out the details on this Closed Beta Test so there’s no date just yet but those interested can apply now by clicking the link below.

Note: Only a limited number of Beta Testing positions will be available so not all who apply may be selected.

2. STOP!

Before you comment or ask how to be a tester please Read the first post again.

3. Where's eggs update?

4. Can't wait for beta testing

5. New tests looking good devs

6. Sounds good. Can't wait. 

7. Thinking positive results! Good luck to all who could be selected!

8. Ok....so you said you tried taking bfe into account when making matches. So that means that you havent been? Everyone whos been running no equipment on sh for easier match have just been shooting themselves in the foot?

9. 12pm pdt would be.. 3am est ?

10. Thought you were including equipment for last 2 seasons I must of read that wrong somewhere.

11. In this closed beta test realm, would we be playing on our own accounts? Developer created accounts? Interested in how this would work. Would I finally have an account with max plunder? Lol.

Interested and applied. Hope my 4 years helps me stand out :)

12. Thanks, i signed up
    @KaW please pick me ! 

13. Pretty sure they would just throw us all on a different server. Same account and all. But does that mean were invisible from the rest of kaw? Lol

14. Very interested in participating in this.

15. Does zaft exist in this alternate kaw universe?

16. It's gonna be so peaceful.

Imagine it, a World Chat that isn't full of clan ad spam, maybe World Chat will be used for actual chat.

That or they'll put us on the server for a different language ·-·

17. Would like to petition for the 2nd Friday individual war to be resurrected. For many US players, that war is the most convenient.

Cheers,

Kage.

18. Glad to see progression

19. Sounds good devs. We all appreciate you trying to better the game to some of our recommendations