War Stripping Debate

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by lililililililililil, Feb 26, 2010.

1. People commit to anything if they are in a war. It's their choice, risk being stripped or leave the war.

2. Defending against stripping is easy. It's all economics.

Who gets strip? People who have 21600 spy defense or less. Even spy defense 37800 gets targeted. Why?

These peeps , sacrifice spy defense or attacks. T3 provides 324k max plunder per building. They can easily make 7 to 9 mil per attack.

To well defense against spy attacks , one needs a decent spy defense. That also means scarificing plunder.

That's also the built of the (mixed) built. Spy towers are good defense. About 12 to 14 spy towers with 6 pots will cost the aggressor a lot to do a steal run

3. This should be a matter of personal choice. Of course all if fair and love and war but I always give the enemy the benefit of being allowed their allies. If they employ stripping on me then I consider this an invitation to use ANY dishonorable means of fighting.

4. In this war I have been a target twice of a strip/steal one took most of what I had. The other I caught before they got much. It was a bIt frustrating. I also had it happen to me in the war before Christmas. Am an old hand at this 
    I have only participated on the edges of a couple of strip/steals. Obviously I am not a big fan of the tactic.
    Do I think it is moral? I believe that a kingdom and a clan has the right to defend itself. If my clan is attacked by the strip/steal tactic then those partcipating deserve the same. I do not agree with targeting someone with strip/steal just because they are a member of an enemy clan.
    There are good people on both sides of this war. My hope is that we do not drive people out of the game with overly harsh tactics. It should be fun . 

5. 

6. 1. Hi
    2. I havnt been stripped cuz i got scared when i got farmed by spys of IG and became spy myself than i saved all money in attack pots.
    3. Yes i had been stripping but most time my part hadnt been much more than 5 times cuz i just stole my Target ;) i made more money with it and always when a strip started i had ca 60% spys
    4. Another fox posted ;) i just saw this a moment earlier

7. It's been done to me in times of peace when I had 100 mill in allies recently. I needed them for my next land. Needed 100 mil to go so I was stockpiling. Got home from school, everything gone

8.  ive been stripped by IG a while ago, it sucks.

9. The stripping tactic - if carried out successfully - is like an "atomic bomb" against individual players imo. Within a couple of hours the work of weeks respectively months gets destroyed. From my personal point of view it should only be used as an ultimate tactic against players who did a lot to deserve it. Personally i dont like how it has become a usual war strategy without particular reason in its choice. Why has it come that far? I think the invented clan "system", which isnt more than two added attributes to the players' accounts, extremely misses a comprehensible war function, which clarifies duration and conditions for victory. As it is currently how should a victory be declared? Only if one side gives up. Asfor current war against fox/chaos how do i chose targets? Certainly not the topdogs with high defense stats, all def pots and lots of allies. That would force me to use the expensive attack pots, which make a victory a monetary loss nevertheless. So i pick weaker targets instead who still give max plunder. And the other side does it similar. Unless no real clan fight system becomes active im afraid that the stripping tactic remains - unfortunately.

10.  i'm with tgat as well. Pinning hasn't been enough to knock people out of war recently. For any progress you have to strip. I don't like the idea, but until the war update comes out, it seems like a nessecary evil.

11. I had a stripping date just Last night with  GirlPower best date my Life,  Tap tap tap love that J.Lo ass 

12. In my opinion I think there are two sides. On the first you join a clan knowing that you are going to be in a war. I have no sympathy for the people who have been cleaned out that say " I haven't been involved in the war " plain and simple you are. If your part of clan your in it. However. Cleanig someone out whilst they are asleep is wrong. To leave them with nothing is wrong. War is war but this a game and people shouldn't get completely ruined in one evening 

13. Nice thread Blump but I'm afraid you missed the point. Pollyanna was tasked with canvasing IG not to question the morality of the KaW "atomic bomb", which both Fox and IG know is a solid convention of KaW war, much more devastating than a pin, but rather to 1ATE7's point, whom do we drop it on? More specifically, under the new clan system to what extent are clan members accountable for the actions of other clan members?

We Foxes have a beef with particular IG spy builds we cannot hurt, alternate PC accounts thrown at us to burn our potions, and IG kingdoms that participate in stripping Fox kingdoms and then appear to leave the IG clan. But we Foxes needed to retaliate against IG somehow, so we started ripping apart everyone else, and then the whining started.

So we asked ourselves, is it fair for us to level an "innocent" kingdom just because they belong to the same clan as the kingdom we really want to hurt? We Foxes are still on the fence about this, what are your thoughts? Where does the responsibility fall under the new clan war system?

@Hrino, just to clarify your garbage post, we Foxes stripped you because of your participation in IG's assault on DeathMonkey, evidenced by the taunts you left on his kingdom's wall. Also to clarify, I respect The Hollow as an up and coming clan but still think you are a tool. Keep your mouth shut and work on your plunder bonus. Cheers!

14. Stripping doesn't work against spys... LOL another reason to be a spy build... The only reason

15. glad to see so many real responses on here. Very interesting.

16. @gamehendge: I know he was finding out who found it moral so he would be allowed to strip them, but a lot of his debates got interesting so I decided to make this thread.

17. In war, there is no rules like that. The objective is always to hit the enemies weakest point. If the enemy has a lot of defences, you have to plan how to go through to it. How you gonna do it, nobody carea. Just like the def pots, are pot burners is not good? No, because it is a way to weaken ur enemy. Stealing gold is the name of the game.

In the end, strategy matters than simply firing anywhere.

I am not against any kind of strategy to weaken ur enemy.. The faster u can weaken the enemy, the faster ull gain the win!

18. So if we decide if this stripping is moral(great sentace there). Will it stop eather way? I belive not, so build your kingdom to fight against this new tactic like TZ said you can change your bulidings...

Now Back to war...

19. now back to WAR

20. If spy builds weren't equal to attack builds, it wouldn't be as much of a problem... There are too many spy builds.

Should be kingdoms at war not kingdoms at spy.