Attacking Ettiquete

The best of KaW forums, preserved for posterity.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Attacking Ettiquete

Postby *ShadowTitan (01) on Sep 17 2009, 3:28am

This is my opinion & I want to see if you support this idea DISCLAMER this is not what should be impleted by developer but amongst community of players. IMO I do not think anyone should attack the same person more than 5 times in one minute as I attack attack attack ip to 5 is reasonable and 15 per hour that seems okay given spawn rates. I try to implement this I still attack people 5 times buy try not to go overboard. I got attacked 40 times in 10 minutes by some guy... And I was thinking If I don't like that then I shouldn't do to others. Discuss your opinion on this the how many times per... You can say what u do
*ShadowTitan (01)

Re: Attacking Ettiquete

Postby *Olenthros (01) on Sep 17 2009, 5:49am

2 or 3 times IMO is reasonable. 5 times you can really damage some gold they may have gotten from an ally being sold unknown to them while afk then leave them alone for a couple of hours.
*Olenthros (01)

Postby *Olenthros (01) on Sep 17 2009, 7:18am

I'm not an offensive player so I don't attack much what is the defensive cap?
*Olenthros (01)

Postby *HACKeM (01) on Sep 17 2009, 7:25am

I personally Neva iniciate the atk but once someone atks me I come back hard....expecially this one guy who waits till I'm weak by scouting me a few tymes then atks....he's been following me fa a couple days now lol
*HACKeM (01)

Postby *64BitBob (01) on Sep 17 2009, 7:36am

The reasons for an extended attack are simple. If most of the attacker's strength comes from spies, then he will not withstand a counterattack. So to compensate, he must leave the target unable to respond. Which means attacking or assassinating until the defender is "too weak".

This is a particularly effective strategy against Large Reward targets. Which is why all the top players recently boosted their spy defenses.
*64BitBob (01)

Postby *Olenthros (01) on Sep 17 2009, 7:43am

Bob I would agree with you if we were talking about strat to overall win but we are talking about ettiquette here ways to attack without properly making someone mad
*Olenthros (01)

Postby *Raven (01) on Sep 17 2009, 11:12am

One exception. after weak status opponent wait 2 round of 5 min before they can attack. If u are able to achieve undying regen speed of over 2k per 5 min. Then..... Single guild or watch post is enough
*Raven (01)

Postby Gamehendge on Sep 17 2009, 12:17pm

here's something to consider, war is h*ll. too often folks complain that game mechanics are flawed when in truth it's their strat that's the problem. take this new thief build for example, are we making a case too for capping assassination or thievery attempts at five? of course not. but when you see they have a zero defensive bonus and pummel them a dozen times for it all we hear is tiny violins. the joke is that you track down that victimized kingdom the following day and they haven't changed a thing, no new allies or defensive structures, just the same vulnerabilities and of course more whining. it's a marathon of a game, not a sprint. kingdoms will expose your weaknesses and exploit them. those who adapt will prevail, those who choose not to will receive no quarter. this is war after all.
Gamehendge

Postby *ShadowTitan (01) on Sep 17 2009, 12:28pm

Wow that was such a good cooment that is true but do u think u should attack for three days straight 100 times a day or is war really he'll
*ShadowTitan (01)

Postby *mikeysee (01) on Sep 17 2009, 1:19pm

im so tired of hearing this "attack ettiquette" thing. we are all competing against eachother and im going to do EVERYTHING I CAN to beat u. and the best way of making cash is yes, focused attack
*mikeysee (01)

Next

Return to Best Of