TZ Guide 2

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by TZ-, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Hi hope you find guide 1 helpful. Here we shall address issues of allies, their cost, values and stats analysis as well as their role in development.

Common knowledge
    1. Allies can be bought/sold freely
    2. Each transection increase the cost of the ally.
    3. The ally gains money according to the value of transection. (Refer to raven strategy p1 for more info)

What do everyone says
    1. Allies boost your stats
    2. Bank in allies, protect your gold
    3. Trade allies and earn money

Each of these 3 statement have their truth and the utilization is the purpose of this post.

Basic about allies. The stats of the ally shows the development of the ally.
    eg. A [200 / 400 / 150 / 150] ally is one that played the tutorial, and has a barracks and a guild.

This section is about allies trading and their value, for beginners only :)

For the purpose of our analysis follow my rule to determine the ally total strength.

Total ally str = (def+atk) + 2(spy d + a)
    For the above example, the ally strength
    = (200+400) + 2(150+150) = 1200

*note I give the spy stats a multiple of 2 in the computation of the total stats because spying stats is unique and important.

Ok ally cost strength ratio is given by
    (cost) / (ally total strength) = value
    eg. Cost of Ally = 30000
    ally total strength = (1200) from example
    the value is 30000 / 12000 = 25

This value shall serve beginners as a rough guide to buying allies from the chart below.
    *note the lower the value, the better

value - status
    12.5 - bargain
    25. - average
    30. - expensive
    40. - overpriced

At 40 and above, the ally is overpriced and hard to sell at the market. Of course the values I benchmarked is based on my observation of the market over a few days. It is only to be a guide for beginners.

Why is the above information important?

A low cost high str ally is hot property, the reverse is true for a high cost low str ally, so we do not want a "buy my ally please" situation.

Buying allies is an art. Experience comes from exposure and activity. Everyone has their own treshold for the (cost)/(str) value.

*Note: Well if you have a overpriced ally, you can always look to TZ for help. TZ will try to (buy / help / provide solutions)

Enough of the basics, let us move on.

Buying allies against buying buildings.
    For beginners, buy buildings. They are more certainly worth it than allies. Why?
    A building lvl1 gives u 30000 str while and ally only 1200. The money you get from quest and fighting is more and easier than trading allies. So buy buildings and grow!!

Then when to get allies? Yes the initial growth is explosive, but soon you find that you are slowing down. The land cost is high, the upgrade cost is high etc. This is the time you start to save money and is also the time to invest in allies.
    Investing in allies, it boosts stats and give a edge against SIMILAR stats opponent. This means If opponent has 1 more building than u, the ally is not going to help much.
    Investing in allies, it keeps the gold safe, if someone buy the ally, it is a bonus, u earn some tips to invest in another ally.
    The above 2 ways shows allies as being a unique feature in the game as well as their values.
    Now I have derive a safe method for protecting money. (the safest is potion banking, but u lose 25% gold refers to raven strategy p2). Buy ally at 1/4 the money to be saved (goal)
    eg I want to save 1500000 for my upgrade. I buy an ally at value around 375000. Make sure is good (cost/str) value ally.
    So I buy this value ally or higher value ally to keep my gold. As my ally get sold, I use the proceeds and money I earn and buy a higher cost ally. Via this way slowly build up cash reserves and one day, when the ally got sold, yippie!! We reach the goal and can do an upgrade.

Allies boost yours stats. They represent the strength that is never lost, unlike a loss of troops. Having allies can somehow "preserve" your power and beat the odds against a similar power opponent.

Note* Trading allies earn minimal income. It is just a bonus for losing your ally or a premium opponent pay to weaken you. Quest and fight generate more than trading generally.

Questions:
    Do I buy 3 weak allies or 1 strong ally?
    Answer:
    Do an analysis and see which is more worthwhile.
    Bank in 1 ally is better, it keeps the money together.
    But at high cost (1 million above) cheaper allies are easier to sell than 1 high cost ally.

Hope this helps :) welcome any comments and add on and do post on my walls ;)

*Final note: Allies are not just commodies in the game, they can be alliances and friends too :D

Also see the kinds of allies I have. I TRY to get as many examples :)

Next on part 3: Style of play, survival, methods of deployment, land development, allies, fighting, spies. The interesting aspects of the game.

2. Question: My ally have allies. So my ally's stats are boosted. Do my stats increase based on my ally's original stat or the boosted stat?

Answer: Your stats bonus is based only of your ally's defense, attack and spy attributes, and no more,

3. Good job I'll find some edits

4. Your guides are really helpful. I don't learn much since I am one of the earlier players of this game but I learn something here and there. It has a lot of useful information and I wish there had been something like this when I first joined.

5. Goodjob,I found out a lot of info from this guide thx

6. Thanks you guys are encouraging!!

Now I shall talk about the risks associated with allies investment.

When people buy your ally you get the gold. Hence when u r attacked, you will lose the gold.

Of course you only lose gold up to the point your army is depleted, so not everything may be lost*

that's a small add on :)

7. Great write up TZ. Thanks for doing this!! bump :)

8. 1 more thing. Don't worry too much about overpriced allies. IF** they grow, eventually they will sell.

9. Add on. The value of allies. When is allies actually very valuable?

When you have reached a point when the land cost you 60million, a 10 million ally can provide bonus equilvalent to an extra tier 1 lvl 1 building. This is when allies become more important as growth is greatly stalled.

10. You can still lose your money Right after your ally is bought from you by them stealing the cash back.just saying.

11. For prinz

12. Great guide TZ. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I have been using this formula when buying/selling allies for awhile now.

Do you think it might be time for an update to your percentages. The market seems to have changed quite a bit. Finding a decent ally in the -40 is getting very rare.

13. Great guide! I was wondering if you might know how allies strengths are broken down when you go into battle. I'm pretty crtain that you don't gain their full strength, but can't find the percent anywhere. Also, do allies help when questing?

14. 1. The ally strength that you gain battle is the bonus stats you see on the ally screen. The exact mechanism is not known. But troops death breakdown analysis have shown that strength is first computed, then troops death.

15. Thanks for these tips, they are helping clear things u a little. I am one of your allies, and am travelling o.k. But felt could be going better. Think this will help.

16. Finally, realization lead me to write this section. This section is for all levels, beginners up to the advanced levels and finally of those elites.

Remember TZ guide 1, the land cost strength analysis? We are going to apply it here. It will give a very clear indication of whether or not to buy an ally for use in (battles) and strength.

Land cost analysis
    land + building cost / total building strength

ally stats analysis is given at the above section.

Now comes the interesting part. Both ratios can be combined to decided if buying an ally is worthwhile.
    *remember I am talking about the values of allies in battle, not trading***

An example. My land cost 60 mil. To build a tier 2 level 3 building on it would cost me a total of 69750000 and give me a strength increase of 600000.
    Via TZ guide 1 analysis, the ratio is 116.25.

Now look at an ally. An ally giving (1200) costing 72000 has a ratio of 60 is definitely going to boost me more than that land. (*note 1200 is based on a 300/300/150/150 ally)

so looking at this number, as long as the ratio value of the ally is less than the land analysis ratio, it is time to get the ally.

Hope it helps. (people have been telling me to update the rates for cheap expensive allies). This is the battle cost ally strength ratio analysis.

*A side note this section will be repeated on the battles, spies and other interesting game aspects. (However the last and most interesting guide is not coming out yet until current issues are finalized. Eg strong def towers etc)

17. Do allies give bonus to spy?

18. I am was at 50 (so overevaluated) and probably one of the best one for my price (2M) ... (now I am at 4.5 M and my value is 117) :)
    Just that it is not working for expensives allies