Writing a story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by -Deadly-, Oct 14, 2011.

1. hey, ive been writing a bit, and i kinda have a writers block atm... any suggestions on how to continue? I have the beginning done, but i have absolutely no idea how to continue...

(also accepting edits on the story as is)

Please, any help would be appreciated!

Condemned

-Deadly-

Kill! Kill! Shouted the crowd, while I tried to think of a way out. It was a nice day, excluding the mob thirsting for my blood. I mean, really. The warm Texas sun was shining, and there were all sorts of plants around. The paid mob, however, was tiny compared to other executions I’ve seen on television. The crowd looked a bit shy of a couple hundred, all waving fists in the air. There would most definitely be more if it hadn’t taken place in the middle of a desert somewhere in western Texas. Anyway, I was desperately searching for my partners. I saw Jason and Robert, raising their fists to fit in, but John was nowhere in sight. Jason looked on in agony - After all, I was gonna die- and Robert appeared to be hopeful, for some reason. Perhaps it had to do with John. Perhaps he was a traitor. I don’t know. I looked down at the gallows beneath my feet. So, this is the price for defying the great Roger Welkin? I thought. Finally, the rope was hung around my neck. It bit into my neck. You’re probably extremely confused right now. Therefore, let’s go back a bit, shall we?.....

I had lived a normal life, compared to other teenagers. I wasn’t a perfect student, but I wasn’t so low that my parents and teachers panicked and everything. Then, on November 23, 2023, our president, Willingham A. Bruhanan, his cabinet, and his family were dragged out of the White House and shot on the White House lawn. The Dark Days had just begun. I had been living in California, but nowhere near those celebrities. I enjoyed the scenic views in my small town near the coast. I happened to be at the top of of the world that day, until it all came crashing down.
    It was a normal school day. I had made my way to school. “Hi!” I greeted, as my circle of friends came over to greet me. They all wore a mustard-yellow packs. It was for some club they were in. I stood out with my green barf-colored backpack. Evidently, they don’t care about my image. They certainly care about Niki, though. He stays in a crib in the house, only four months old.

Anyway, back to the story.

“Did you hear the news?” They continuously asked me. Finally I raised my white hands in a gesture of defeat and exclaimed, “What!”

“The military took over the government!” vociferated John, Robert, and Jason. Ben wasn’t the shouting type, so he said nothing. I believed them. They have never lied to me. This one time, I didn’t believe that I had detention like they told me, but I ended up having triple the time they did for “forgetting” to come.

Anyway, those few days, I pretty much failed all my classes that I had that day. I zoned out to think about what would happen to the world. What would happen to the United States? Most importantly, what would happen to me?
    Once I arrived home, I sat down and watched TV. All around the United States were videos of people dying, and, in one instance, the television showed a tank, the hollow sand-colored barrel facing directly toward the camera, right before the television showed those solid rainbow colors. Not even the press is safe. Oh, there were people fighting the tanks, all right. They just died afterwards, their gory body parts still twitching from a quick death. Nothing seemed to be able to stop the military. Suddenly, the earth was careened forward by a blast of heat emanating from behind me. The TV had fallen over, along with the now-cracked dishes and photos. I took the photo of my family at the Grand Canyon and ran outside.

“Run!” shouted the townspeople outside, as multiple battle-ready tanks came over the horizon. The alarm bell was ringing, and the people ran for their lives. It had been two days after I learned of the military coup.

“Run, son!” Screamed my parents. They had stayed to fight the tanks. I protested as my parents shoved me in a black block-like SUV with my John’s father and John himself, and drove away. As I looked behind me, our green house collapsed. A single tear fell from my face. Everything I owned, everything I loved, all gone. Niki. We arrived to an airport that hadn’t been taken over.

I was forced into the stuffy airplane. It was a small airplane, with only 5 windows on each side. I took a seat next to my three remaining friends. Ben, the fourth, had stayed to help defend the town. We were thousands of feet into the air when a huge explosion rocked the plane. I looked out of the window.

The town was engulfed in flames. The mushroom cloud of fire had reached past the small white plane, its Goliath red hand attempting to grab for us. We had only just dodged it.Only when the danger was over was when I realized the full magnitude of the disaster. My parents! Ben! I screamed and cried, and nobody tried to comfort me. They all had lost something or someone in the fire that lit up the night. After the tragedy, I cried myself to sleep, and vowed revenge with all of my friends. I had nothing left. If I did this, I thought, I would be executed. But I would be taking Him with me...

2. BUUMMMPPP

3. Dammit... Some help please?

4. Ok i just skimmed it so this might not be right but maybe you could continue by writing the next chapter a month to a year or so later and it would be about the main character getting his revenge or something like that.

5. Ok thanks dude