content restriction in fan fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Distance, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I bumped it my bipartisan friend.

2. Kewl. Lets keep it bumped

3. How about a writers workshop? Do we have one of those? I dont have time to run one but i can def help with cirriculum.

4. Already made.

5. FH you see yourself as an Unofficial Mod, an Authority amongst the FF Forum. That's the problem. You refuse to accept that you have no more power here than any other writer, reader or RPer. Just lay off the Control Issues, stick to what you enjoy and just ignore what you don't.

~daT.

6. If I didn't say I was the unofficial mod thendont call me it.

7. Your "purely artistic" society is usually three people who update regularly. And you don't even follow the rules of FAN fiction usually. Considering FAN fiction means writing fiction using content already available in a book, movie, tv-show, game, etc. Not: Fiction. Meaning writing whatever the hell you want when it's made up. Quite frankly KaW isn't usually the place where artistic people hang out, it's where RP people hang out. There are some very good fiction sites around, for fan fiction try fanfiction.net and I'm sure google could tell you some regular fiction site. Half the idiots on KaW use an iPod and don't even know this section exists. So quit whining about your bloody "artistic society" being spammed by role plays, you can't ******* run it. It isn't your job. And that strike system? Yeah I was talking to a chick who got a wall "Strike one" and had never read your ******* rule thread (post that at the start of every story if you want it read) and walled the guy back and asked "what?" and got no reply. Then she did something and got threatened with farming over your ******** rules that make no sense she had no clue about.

You just can't run a section, let them have their RP or make a petition emailing the devs and requesting the make a section for those. And when they say "there's not enough to justify that" explain how much it disrupts your stories, be smart about it. But don't enforce rules we have no reason to follow on us. It isn't fair. Oh and if the stories aren't K+ the may as well be deleted, seeing as this is a 9+ game. Can nine year olds read your stories? If not you violated the ToU and should be glad the mods stay away.

Also, has it ever occurred to you they use KaW to get away from their life? You never know people's stories. Maybe a Role Play thread is their way of coping with their mother dying. Maybe it's their way to deal with bullying over things. Maybe they just like to feel happy without all the bad thoughts in their head, and you want to take that away? Would you take away a mentally disabled persons PA? No. So why take away this method of coping?

8. No, we are staying here, THEY can leave. We were here first, this was our society and we will be here for a long time.

9. If they need to cope they can write a story.

10. Aww diddums, are you American? The native Americans were there first too, they still had to up sticks and move usually.

There's three solutions that will work:
    A) Deal with it and let them have them, maybe just regulate the numbers so instead of 10 fail ones there is one quite popular one.
    B) Just use different sites, you can always post a link of the continuation.'
    C) Email the devs and explain why you need one and how disruptive the RP threads can be. If there's enough demand they may consider making an RP section.

You know why RPs got dumped on y'all? You took yourself off AT, if you were still on AT then they'd have their own little section or they'd be against the rules or something.

11. ༄You last bit was wrong. Around the end of last summer, the Devs noticed the high amount of RPs clogging up Active Topics, so they decided to take Fan Fiction off. I asked them to put Fan Fiction on again. They did. A few days later the RPers came back and screwed up the system. Devs took us off. I'd prefer if RPs could be limited to just CC or Palringo. I have yet to see a well-formatted and properly presented RP thread. When I see one, I will flag it as such. I don't want 5 different RPs, just one RP thread is enough.༄

iZaln

12. ༄*Your༄

iZ

13. Wanna rp zaln?

14. ༄I only enjoyed RPing when it was done properly. Like the QQ Dinner n Dance thread. That's where I met lots of players lol. ༄

iZaln

15. I was told before that FFers requested it's removal. And in case you didn't notice I suggested the whole "One RP" thing.

16. Dolly, that's BS.

I say the RPers go to an RP WEBSITE

17. Did you ever try compromise? Why not talk with a mod or the devs on the issue. In fact I'll email them about it later and see what they say.

18. I will as well.

19. Lol I wonder what u do to get big fingers 