"Fields of Heaven" written by SW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *NecroHyphen (01), Dec 29, 2010.

1. Prologue

Birth

The tunnel was widening, the end was approaching. Light beamed into the tunnel, no space was left untouched. Until two gigantic monster hands latched onto me.

The tunnel disappeared, the light pierced my little eyes and my body felt like it was floating. Suddenly three words broke the silence "Jason, Mark, Hawker". Then another cheer erupted followed by a chorus of chants and whistling "Logan, Victor, Hawker".

Unnoticed and without a whisper, the woman passed into the void, my mother died for our little insignificant lives or so we thought.

2. Murder

Jason awoke from his deep slumber, it was 20 years today, his mother had died and his brothers birthday as well as his own.

Two things were different this time, both he and Logan would be entering manhood as was tradition in the royal family. They learnt quickly on knightly business, Logan more so ever since our father became ill.

Jason's  short brown hair was at awkward angles in odd places from his sleep. Bedheah ergh... He thought to himself.

He quickly arose from his bed, surveying the room, no one was their. The room consisted of simple, yet expensive and well made furniture and painting.

A four-poster bed (King size of course) a large wardrobe, a deep red carpet laced with gold and a large, bulky door. The curtains were closed, so the room was enveloped in darkness, but from memory Jason made his way to the lavatory.

He looked in the mirror, his dark blue eyes stared back, revealing his smooth, untouched skin. A short, button nose inch perfect. Pearly white teeth and his face looked chiseled by angels.

As always his hair was a mess like a tangled forest only smaller. Slowly he undressed and poured a nice, steaming hot bath.

His muscular, skinny body could be of a gods, he knew this and used it to his advantage, attracting many beautiful women to his embrace, toying with their hearts was a favourite hobby of Jason's.

The bath was just what he needed, his muscles relaxed and soothed. He relaxed and soothed his muscles, until a sudden noise caught Jason's attention coming from the bedroom.

He leaped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around himself with a towel, grabbing an object to defend himself, he didn't look what he picked up.

Jason creeped to the doorway, peeping round the corner he set eye on a clocked figure, whistling a merry tune. Jason slowly, but surely crawled forward. 

He thought the intruder would have left or found what he was looking for. Never the less Jason was about to strike the figure until he turned round! 

He was a she and she was Jason's servant, Jason stood their dumbfounded as his towel fell down and he realized his weapon was a piece of soap. 

She chuckled to herself, making Jason go bright red, "you didn't see this?! Ok?" quickly rushing back to change. 
    "ok, I didn't see this, but I heard it and I observed it, hehe, what were you doing?" she questioned.

"well... I was investigating the disturbance" he explained 
    "ah, ok I'll have to be silent next time, now you're late for your own birthday party!"
    "let's go then!" Jason appeared from the doorway, half dressed, they left his room in a mess behind them joking about the incident.

"er, whats your name again?"
    "I tell you everyday dumbo, honestly men, GEORGIA, remember it this time or I'll kill you" 

In the castle...

Logan was set, everything packed, even the smallest detail done to perfection, this plan couldn't fail. It must not fail.

Jason and Logan meet at the main hall, Logan in full armour with a cape coloured a sickly purple. He had the same eyes, but different hair and he wasn't muscular, but was still skinny. He was no where near as beautiful, Jason obviously got the looks in the family.

They walked in silence, the only noise coming from Logan's armour with each step the clanking continued, their father had summoned them to the throne room. They knew what was coming, they always did.
     The birthday party.

The doors racketed as thy entered, the old king sat upon his throne yelling at servants, the guests stood as Jason and Logan walked past, they waited for the speech.

"My sons, welcome, sit next to me, eat what I eat, drink what I drink, and become equals with me as a man, father to son, man to man, come and let the festivities commence!" the king proclaimed.

Everyone began laughing and getting fat at the mountains of food piled in front of them.

Logan looked extremely bored and watched his father, while he shouted "what a wonderful day". Jason eyed the guests without eating, all the guests turned to Logan. this was the first time he had talked to the king in a long time.

He had committed a crime, no one knew what he had done, they didn't even know if he committed the crime, but they did know the situation between Logan and his father had rapidly been destroyed by the punishments set.

Logan was definitely drunk, but no wine or mead was at his end of the table, then Jason realised what had happened. The old king, their father had fallen, in a fusion of oxygen, blood and saliva , he slowly chocked to death in a matter of seconds.

The guests were silently getting killed by an invisible predator, a unseen force, poison swept the floor until only Jason and Logan were left. Logan began shouting orders to nearby guards, he then turned to Jason.

"I wish to speak brother" 
    He said brother with the up most disgrace and distastefulness.

"brother, Jason, will you join me?" he asked impatiently 

"I need answers Logan, I can't follow you blindly" 

"spoken like a true diplomat, didn't you see? I killed our father, cunning, guile, fearless no one saw these qualities!" rage pulsed round Jason like a bull on steroids. 

He lost his temper and pitched up with his anger "YOU KILLED OUR FATHER!!! ILL KILL YOU!!!" with that he stormed out the room throwing knives at Logan on his way, one hitting his mark landing in his arm, that would leave a scar...

"Happy birthday Jason" muttered Logan. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Long post alert* hope you enjoy :)

3. Jason prepared to leave, packing his things, he knew his brother. He knew that guards would be arriving soon to take him away. He had servants ready a horse with provisions down in the stables. Well the loyal servants anyway.

As Jason was changing into his work clothes, he heard loud rhythmic steps coming from outside, the guards had arrived, just outside were a group of elite soldiers just speculating of killing the prince.

Jason wasnt going to just give up and he wasn't going to give them the chance to kill him, the window was one escape route, but a large drop awaited him meaning certain death.

Suddenly in a brilliant moment, he remembered, the secret passageway that he only knew, he was sure of it, but it was risky with the noise and not being able to hide the passageway afterwards.

He decided to use the passageway, shifting the bed was the easy part, but hiding the noise was hard. The guards starting shouting outside, silently Jason grabbed his case and sprinted down the passageway.

He heard the doors getting smashed down, Jason didn't care, he knew in himself that he would get away and that the guards shouts and surprise would be far behind him and his brother would go mental probaly resulting in a servants permenate scarring, but he had to escape.

Cobwebs lined the Walls, torches burned bright in the darkness revealing the long, narrow passageway. The door at the end, sealed shut wouldn't budge, the guards were sprinting down the tunnel, the lead guard appeared at the other end, leaving a stand off between them both.

The guard looked tired, almost breathless from the sprinting, his armour was grubby, dirty would be a better word, his sword shimmered like the sun after hours of tireless scrubbing, sharpening and loving the merciless blade.

Jason counted maybe twenty paces between them both, twenty paces too close he thought, Jason had a plan to take this guard out, but it left him venerable to the other guards, luck had to be on his side.

Jason surged forward think only to frighten his opponent, just before reaching him, Jason swerved to the right angling his position for a good, hard punch to the guards face, throwing the guard off balance and stumbling over the undergrowth, the guard fell.

His blade lay on the ground where it had fell after the fight, Jason walked calmly over to the sword, taking it and effortlessly threw it up and caught it, the guard looked ghostly, a shadowy White colour, giving the impression of illness or fear.

Jason quickly turned and ran down the passageway before the others caught up, pushing the manhole out of the way, leaving him standing in the stables, luck would have him reach this building, Georgia sat upon a horse, with another horse, prepared and restless to began.

Without even a whisper, Jason climbed the magnificent beast and they set a pace that only mad men would dare match, their were no guards stationed around the city, they must all be looking for me Jason wondered.

He then thought how much Georgia mist respect him to come on this crazy adventure, no plan, no home and no idea what they were going to do at all. All he wanted to do was escape alive and well and harm no one else.

They both exited the silent city, not even exchanging words to each other, the gates beckoned, they were closing fast, the horse were spurred on by their masters, urging them to go faster an faster, guards poured our of the tower and nearby barracks, archers took aim, but its was pointless, their range was not found and a moving target.

Georgia raced through the gates, and watched as jason pushed his horse to far, making it stop dead, the horse buckled and reared, Jason didn't let go in fear of his life. Wishing that the horse would calm and move forward was his last hope.

The horse slowed and steadily ran towards the gates, but a archer got a lucky hit on the prince, a large arrow embeded it's self in flesh and blood, a searing pain ran though Jasons body like wild fire. The pain was too much and he blacked out.

4. --Logan-- ;)

Today was the day, the plan must work, it will work. Logan had planned for months, months spent festering in his room. He had no outside contact in weeks, everyone had given up on him.

But that gave him time, time he needed, no one knew what he planned except from a loyal servant and a group of guards, their expertise would be needed later.

Logan knew he would have to have a birthday party which he despised, hated, loathed all these words would have been fitting. This party though would make him a man, old enough to be king he thought.

He looked into the mirror, pale skin, his eyes, the magnitude of it all overwhelmed Logan. He broke down, weeping, the future king, crying? He forced himself to stop and held his head high, the day was still young and lots of things were still needed to be in place.

Logan left his room in secret, no guards, they left when Logan never came outside and the strange oddur detered them, he laughed at his little prank he had played on them, it was too easy.

The only real problem was his brother, Jason, the little brat. He was the key to this kingdom as he was born first, the rights fell to him after the king was dead.
    Luck was a vital part of logans plan, hoping that Jason did not know this fact.

Logan continued on his mini adventure, passing the war room, slotting a sticky mixture into his mouth, he needed this to work, he chewed and chewed until it was pulsing and changing colour, quickly ramming it into the keyhole and sprinted down the hall.

The fireworks had begun...

Explosions all over the castle would go off at specific times, the difference was these were silent. Timing was important. Logan quietly crawled to the door, peering inside the room, the doorlock had blown from the explosion.

The war room lay in utter darkness, nothin moved, paper stacked to the roof, countless maps from centuries of exploration, billions of stratergies, thousand of battles had been planned in this one room, but logan didnt stop to admire the room.

He hurried through to the treasury, gold mountains, diamond skyscrapers and silver towers lined the room, Logan ran to the gold coin to see the face, the face would decide the victim, and on the coin lay the face of...

The king

He choose no future king, he had to die

5. Bump again... I can't be bothered to write, too much work in rl but I will continue it

6. -------- Jason --------

Jason opened his eyes, a small camp had been made. Two wooden logs for seats and a crackling fire with a warm glow surrounded the camp.

Jason thought Georgia must of protected him and made this all by herself...

But Jason was wrong...

A tall, dark faced man approached from the trees surrounding the camp with Georgia following in his gaping strides.

"You're finally awake!" Georgia rushed over to Jason, hugging him tightly. "Yes, now do tell" Jason quizzed.
    "Well... Er... You sorta got..." Georgia then pointed to the large wound in Jason's arm.

"WOAH! WHY DIDN'T YOU PULL IT OUT??" Jason screamed.
    The odd man then spoke clearly and fluent English, but only one word "Blood" Then he quickly became silent.

" I, We were afraid that you would bleed to death" Georgia explained
    "Ok... Ok, pull it out and get a cloth to cover the wound" Said Jason "tie the cloth round my arm quick, if you don't, well I'll kill you, ok? Let's go!"

Georgia ran to a tent, quickly returning with some cloth and water.
    "Are you sure?" Questioned Georgia.
    "Definitely"
    "Me?" Said the figure
    "Please do, I'm afraid I'll injury him further" Georgia went into the tent, frightened.

"Do this quick and cleanly, ok?"

"Yes"

"Do it"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because I'm here to silence you..."

------------------------------------------------

Hope this good enough, pls post feedback, I'll bump it later :D