~A lost Sword~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Cridenbel, Dec 21, 2010.

1. -DISCLAIMER-
    This story was written by l__Knight__l and  edited by Asutarisuku.
    Well, it was originally a different name but I changed it, much of what you will see is un-edited & straight from my head/notes on my Ipod  well do enjoy & I'll make a feedback thread.  

Chapter 1 page 3  is in the works so wait for it! >.<

~A Lost Sword
    W
    Prologue

The Moon was starting to set over the horizon; bringing the darkest hour on this night.
    Against the pale night sky, the treetops looked like the fangs of a bat.

A figure lurked beneath the shadows of the forest; nothing could be seen of him but the vapor of his breath in the chill of the night. The Moon vanished as it sank under the crest of the outlying hills, and with it the lamps in the tavern lit up.

The tavern was a small wooden building with panels in the windows that let out little light. A cobbled pathway led up to the front door, made of exquisite dark oak wood. The surroundings were lost in darkness.

The sound of laughter and cups being banged on tabletops rang out over the little cove. The figure made his way to the tavern's door, tapped it lightly and it swung open without a sound, the figure stepped into the soft glow of the tavern’s light, illuminating his features. 

His blonde hair was that of mid-length, covering one of his eyes, which were a deep blue with an intricate pattern that some got lost in. He had a face of a boy but you could see it had been aged far too early for this boy looked 20 at best to others who knew he was but was just the small 15 spins of the world.

He was plainly garbed in a white tunic and black pants, with leather belt  
    & Brass buckle; nothing special. What caught their attention was the bow on his back; which was covered the bag strapped around his shoulders, and an unusually shaped sword that was foreign to the occupants of tavern which were starring at him mindlessly.

They didn't know what to make of this stranger in there midsts. There was silence as the stranger slaunted to the bar. 

"you have a warm drink" he asked in a rough cut voice as he leaned on a post, 
    the keeper was slightly dazed, but nodded, he went silently to get it. As he come back he was holding a steel tankard with what looked like a thick orange liquid inside.  
    "2 iclar  for the drink sir" the tavern keep mumbled as he passed it to this stranger.

The stranger dug in one off his pockets & produced two coins made out of copper. They had a symbol of some sort on the top which the tavern keeper regonizied as the old currency, he chucked them on the counter and sat down at a nearby table.

The light mummers formed into conversations and after a few minuets the tavern forgot about the stranger. Which was just aswell the stranger thought, he went from his upright posture to one that was slumped as he relaxed a little.  No one seemed to remember him in these parts of Arafina.

Which was just to his likeing, who would want to remember him as he is the Son of the King who surrendered the land to the people over the sea... The hjys... Atleast he was trying to reedem himself he thought, we will taken the kingdom back, outside a war hawks cry was heard and a smile played on Davids lips, he drowned his tankard of namo. What David didn't notice was that on  back of the tavern door there was a poster of him. 
                    MISSING 
    Name: David arjan  (Son of the king) 
    Last sighted in the Provence of celtiaca, with an unknown person. 

200 iclar if found.

But someone in the tavern did, another stranger to the usuals of the tavern, sitting with there crowl of there face and a plain green & grey cape surrounding them, an unfinished drink lay on the table, a single candle was burning slowly. 

The stranger got up and you could see there full hight, which was roughly 6ft, which was gigantic in these parts. They also had a sword on there hip, but one that was bigger than normal as it reached the lenght of his leg. 

This stranger, after throwing a few coin on the table, covered the ground between him & David in just a few strides. 

After downing his drink, David set it on the table, wipped his mouth on his sleeve, out the corner of his eye he could see the giant looming over him, realisation hit him as he saw the giants eyes. He embraced him like an old friend.     

chapter1
    The light of the lamps started to fade, the castles noise muffled by the thick wooden door, the thick violet drapes that clung to the wall as the chill crept into the room. A table that had an open book half finished sprawled over the top with pieces of parchment littered on the floor. A gust of wind blew the drapes open & scattered the parchment even more so over the room
     and the harsh winter wind swept into the room, making Juliana wrap the blanket around her tightly; in a feeble atempt to keep some warmth in her bones. 

The drapes on the four-poster bed were open, Juliana reached out to close them, she was exhausted and even this seemily small effort made her feel dizzy. Her white, slim fingers closed around the fabric and she pulled them shut with a weak tug.  Giving her the idea of seclution and privacy; which was exactly what she needed right now, she colloasped on the bed, puffing the pillows up with the air, she closed her eyes to think and maybe she was trying to sort out the mess she called her life.

Being the daughter of a netanule, one of the greatest warriors of these parts, isn't an easy task, all the different people that you have to meet, be friendly with; while father just sits there & nods whenever it suits him, leaving me to the royal vultures. It's him they want to see not the dolled up glorified daughter. 

"enough" I covered my mouth in shock at the realisation that I had said my thoughts out loud. Pfft, But I was right enough was enough, it was time to change. 

This thought comforted Juliana, maybe she knew it would just be wishful thinking, or maybe she really wanted to change, whatever it was, this thought softly crept in her mind and eased her pain; she finally fell asleep.

The lamps light finally diminished, the shadows started to dance on the wall as they were left to do as they wished... All but one, which wasn't really a shadow, but a person that was intently listening to what his daughter had been saying, he felt saddened at the thought of his daughter being upset with him, even hating him in some ways.   

The shadow, swiftly moved from the corner of the room, silently, as to not wake is daughter up. He opened the door and skulked out, closing the door softly behind him. Ravenblade's shoulders slumped as he breathed out a the breath he had been holding in since Juliana started talking. 

He let his eyes get accustomed to the light, tiredness was starting to creep into his mind & his bones. The sound of footsteps made him feel slightly more alert, but not enough to care, the footsteps drew nearer as a guard entered the passageway. 
    "Sir Ravenblade" he said with a tilt of his head. He didn't get much of a reply, just a simple incline of the head, but he had duties to do & was swiftly on his way.

The climbing of the stairs took it's toll on Ravenbalde & by the the time he had reached his rooms, there was only the simple thought of sleep. He crashed onto the bed and feel asleep, still dressed from head to toe.  

The glaring sunlight that shone through the drapes woke Juliana from her deep sleep. She wished she could sleep forever in this soft, feathered bed that had a red throw over & a vast aray of cushions that she gratefully sank into the first time she entered these rooms. Her mind woundered back to that time, there was a hollow feeling in her chest. 
    Even the memory brought back that pain... She shook her head to clear her thoughts but she couldn't rid herself of the image she held so dear to her. Her fathers traniee. 
    His face was forever etched into her memory, his voice forever playing in her head. She longed to see him again but knew hebdidnt feel the same way about her... The thought didn't stem the flow of pain.

She shooked her head one final time & threw the cover off of her in a flourish. She was standing at her full hight... Which wasn't tall to be completely honest and even she knew that she was small, but her features took many a mans breath away. Her long, slightly curled brown hair hung in little clusters around her face, her chocolate brown eyes smouldering, her small pointed nose, her full lips that seemed to either blend in with her skin or stand out on the background, her slim figure that made the clothes she wore drape off her in a wave of fabric.

She walked across the flagstone floor that chilled the soles of her feet as she moved her way towards the place her father was last night, not know it of course, she found her day clothes in the wooden cupboard, she crossed the room to the door, opened it alittle. The guards head snapped up as he heard tje creak of the door opening, Juliana smiled to herself when she saw the guard. 
    She smiled openly to him, he gave a warm smile back & a curt nod, she quickly walked out the door as not to be seen in just her flimsy nightgown, one of the straps holding it up slip off her shoulder reaviling her breast to the guard on duty, his cheeks flushed an ugly red as he snapped his head away. 
    "I'm sorry maddam, I didn't..." he tried to say before she cut in. 
    "no need for apologizes, it was my fault, now if you don't mind I'll see you in my rooms later" she giggled at the shocked look on the guards face... Anything to occupy her mind.

~page2~ coming soon

~Page 2~

She left the still smerking guard outside her door, and walked to the bath rooms, the heels of her feet making dull thuds on the stone floor. She kept hopping from one leg to the other because the floor was soo cold... "Severs me right for not putting on my shoes," she thought sullenly. She moaned as she heard herself say her thoughts out loud... Again. 
    She heard a great crash coming from the room she just walked past. 
    She stopped. 
    She turned towards the door slowly... She rested her hand on the handle ready to turn it. 
    There was another crash. 
    She turned the handle quickly and flung into the room screaming. 
    "what do you think you're doing young lady?" a voice boomed at her. 
    She opened he eyes and looked at the blurry figure. 
    "well... Er... I..." her eyes refocused to the harsh light and she looked open the king in bed, with a lady. 
    "well if you have no reason to be here OUT!"im busy.. Can't you see?" 
    Juliana had to atop herlsef breaking into hesterics, she bit her lower lip to stop the internal giggling.  
    She back out of the room apologizing the whole way... Still laughing silently to herself. The laughter finally escaped when she shut the heavy door behind her, she sunk to her knees in hesterics, her eyes swimming with tears of laughter. 
    After some time she picked herself up, tears still in her eyes, she shakely walked to the bath rooms. The steam swirled around her ankles, warming her,  relaxing her mind. Her thoughts slipping away into the mist. Juliana wiggled her toes trying to feel the steam that surrounded her. A sweet & soft melody started to play in her head, it was one she remembered him playing. She sighed, letting the music bring back the memories. She opened her eyes for the first time since entering the bath rooms, she couldn't see much in all honesty, but as she was stumbling across the mist covered room she stubbed her toe. She let out a breath of pain filled air. She looked down at what it was, expecting it to be the bath, it was the sheath of a sword, she picked it up, curious as to what it was, it wasn't something she had ever seen before. The running water stopped & Juliana froze. She replaced the swords sheath slowly & without noise. Her eyes locked on a shadow at the far corner of the room. She walked quietly there. "heel, side, ball" she remembered. She froze as there was a splash of water & a sigh. 
    "well don't just stand there, jump in" a voice said, filling the room. 
    "well good sir I do not know you, and sharing a bath with you is a little too much" Juliana replied to the voice. She heard a chuckle. "not my bath, the one next to it M'lady, don't worry I've seen your bare skin before". The familiar voice retorted. 
    "The guard? Could it be?" she thought. 
    "still don't know who it is?" the vocie said interupting her thoughts. "fine, pass me the lute" the voice asked.    

~Page 3 coming soon, so wait~

~page3~ 
    Her breath caught in her throat. 
    "pass the lute?" she stammered. 
    "Ah, what's wrong with that? Figured it's me yet.." the voice asks innocently "by the look on your face I guess you have" the voice contiued with a hint of a smile in the way it was said, made Juliana start to cry.

The figure climbed out of bath. It walked slowly to a near-by bench and picked up a towel to dry themselves off  

David looked at Juliana in the mist. 
     she hasn't changed a bit he thought
    "same old juli" he said to her. 
     "same old David she replied sheepishly. "how'd you get here?" she asks him lightly. 

"well...." David starts to say but is interupted but the bath rooms door swinging open and a guard bursting in, panting for breath.
      "David..... Courtyard......Guards....  Hirok......... Needs.....help" the guard says in between gasps for breath. David rolls  his eyes & moved to get get on his tunic and trousers in a hurried fashion. He unsheathed his sword & rushed out the door, knocking the guard over as he passed him.  
    "sorry" he called over his shoulder as he ran out the room, leaving juli staring at him in awe. 

David hurtled down the stone stairs, dashing between people, sending some sprawling over the floor & tumbling down the way the came. He didn't take a step that wasn't accompanied by a sorry. David finally made it down the stairs, he crashed into the door, making it fling open.
    Hirok is stand in the courtyard with his katana in one hand and short sword in the other, 6 royal guards have formed a circle around him. A sword flashes towards him. Hirok blocks the blow easily with his short sword. He dives down & swipes the guards leg away from underneath him.

Ripples of laughter pass through David's body, obviously audable as many of the onlookers where staring at him.  Even some of the guards circling hirok put there weapons down & gave him a look. "hirok" he called, his voice booming through the courtyard. Everyone stopped and stared at him this time. 
    "enough"David continues in a loud voice, making even hirok stop and smile. 
    "Hey David, mind telling these guards to stop" hirok asks as he turns around to face david with his wolfish grin. David took a minuet to look around him. Massive red & yellow banners hung of the castle's outer wall, billowing in te breeze. The White stone hurt Davids eyes, he looked away before he could see much else of the banner. He now looked at the surrounding buildings, the old run down tavern "Knights  night inn" that was still the best place in Monja for ale. 
    with all this money, why couldn't they refurbish it?. he pondered on the thought while his eyes swept the rest of the buildings, and settled on the center piece of the courtyard, the fountain. A flock of doves surrounded the hole where the water was gushing out. It was made of pure marble, shinned & polished to perfection, not a blemish on the surface. 
    David takes his time walking over to Hirok. 
    "Well Hirok, seems like you've gotten yourself into a little prediciment" David says in a smug voice while walking towards the captian of the guard. 
    "well captian, what has my friend here done to deserve such a warm welcome from his majesty?" he says as he passes the captian, a short stubby man, with broad shoulders & muscels that look like coils of steel under skin.

The captain was taken back by this youth standing in front of him, seeminly calm...taughting him maybe.   The captian shakes his head as to recover his thoughts. 
    "well sir, your friend is a wanted man in this kingdom, & the king wants him dead" the captian answers the question with a cold voice.     
    A booming laugh rings over the courtyard inturupting Davids response. 
    "he is not the one, ira.. You mistake him for the gentleman infront of you" the voice says after the laughter has stopped. The captain drew his danger in a swift motion and swiped at the youth that was standing infront of him. The captains eye cloud over in a rage & he swipes blind, the next second the wind is being pushed from his lungs, & his dagger ripped out of his hand, he feels a sharp point at his neck. 
    "nice try" a voice whispers in his ear.

~Page 4~ (final page of chapter1) coming soon

4. Sorry I haven't written in awhile