To Raze or Save A Story of Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Spectre, Aug 30, 2010.

1. This story is a story of choice. At the end of each chapter the readers will be given a choice. Depending on your choices the story will change a so will the characters destiny. His life is in your hands now. Enjoy the story and vote for your choice in the Voting Thread. Please dont post here!!

2.           To Raze or Save
             A Story of Choice

Jump, slash, stab. I was on auto-pilot. The world around me was a blur. Blood spurted from the body next to me and bloodied my clothes. The dirt ground was littered with splotches of blood everywhere. A man ran around with his hand chopped off. 
          "Adurna risä!!", I yelled and rain from the grey sky accumulated into a ball and rammed itself into a group of warriors. I was destroying a small rebel village for the king. You see I'm a mercenary and get jobs from anyone for payment. And I mean anyone, I've been paid by nobles, evil terrorists and even a monkey once. And if they don't pay... Well you'll see later. 
         I raised my sword and stabbed it through a farmers head. My sword was lodge in his skull so i picked up the pitchfork he was carrying and stabbed everyone with that. Rain mixed with the blood on the pitchfork and made the water red and it flowed down to my hands. I casted a healing spell and the blood was absorbed by my own. I got revitalized to keep fighting.
         The village was in chaos. People running everywhere and a few houses burning. I looked to the south where I had burned there crops so even if I if have to retreat they'd all still die. I lot of people were trying to fill up buckets of rain and put out the fires. I pointed to the fires there and yelled "FELLS", and it burst into even more fiery inferno. 
          I thought I had this town in the bag when I heard a plapping noise. "SCREEEEEECHH!!!", something cried in the distance. I looked to the sky. 
        "Crap", I muttered when I saw a 20 foot Gryffin flying up in the sky ridden by a farmer. I could easily take out the farmer but the Gryffin would smash me. Gryffin and head of and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion. This was huge adult and he was definitly pissed. There carcasses were extremely costly and I could net me some awesome cash with it. But it could put me in danger, even I'm not invincible. Now I have a choice, fight the Gryffin for the extra cash or escape now before it kills me. 

3. Remember to Vote ONLY on the choice thread.

4. Bumpity bump

5.                   Chapter 2

I have nothing much to live for so I go for the bird. "HA!!", I yelled in a battle cry and reached for my spear strapped to my back. I charged at the bird as it screeched once more. I jumped onto a burning roof and waited for the bird to come closer. Closer... Closer... And.. JUMP!! I jumped up and grabbed ahold of one of the Gryffins legs. One of it's talons clawed at me and made a gash in my arm. 
          "Ack!!" I cried. I grabbed the talon and snapped it off the bird like a twig. The bird cried. The farmer on top jabbed at me with his pitchfork all the while trying to drive me into a house with the Gryffin. I threw up my spear and it lodged itself inside the farmers throat. He started to fall off the birds back web I caught the spear. It was still lodged on so I had to use my foot to kick his head off. I was too busy with that that I didn't even notice that I was about to run into a house. "Damn it", I muttered before I collided with the house. The bird drove me so that it was above the house and was unscathed. I on the other hand blasted into hundreds of pieces of wood and got cuts and bruises everywhere. 
          I got up and looked around I was inside the collapsed house and I could hear the bird flapping outside. I ran outside ready to smash that bird to bits. The bird landed and screeched at me again. I reached for my spear preparing to smash it though his head. I couldn't find it. I turned around an looked a bit and still couldn't find it. Must of lost it in the crash!! The bird started charging at me. Might as well try, I thought. 
         Just as it was about to ram me I jumped up over it's head and landed on it's back. I wrapped my hands around it neck and started to sufficate it. But it was way too strong and it flipped me over it's back and onto the cobblestone floor. 
          I hurt... I hurt real bad... And now that birds going to pay. I slowly got up to my feet using only arm because the other had gone limp because of the big gash from the talon. Fire burned around the village... the water tried to douse it but could not. I raised my good arm and yelled ,"FELLS!!" All the fire around me turned into snake like fires and all condenced into one giant ball in the middle of me and the bird. "HAA!!", I cried and the ball flew torwards the bird and exploded on contact. 
          The blast sent me flying backwards. I knew better than to stick around where the oil could create an even bigger blast so I headed west torwards the forest and back to the kingdom. I ran up the hills and when I finally got to the top of the lush forest I looked back. The village was in chaos. The whole town on fire. Men, woman and children alike ran there clothes ablaze. Looks like I'm not getting my extra money eh? 
           My arm hurt... Now I have a new choice, stick around in the forest and look for some medicinal herbs to heal my arm? Or head straight for the kingdom where i could be helpless against bandits on the rodes?

6.                   Chapter 2

I have nothing much to live for so I go for the bird. "HA!!", I yelled in a battle cry and reached for my spear strapped to my back. I charged at the bird as it screeched once more. I jumped onto a burning roof and waited for the bird to come closer. Closer... Closer... And.. JUMP!! I jumped up and grabbed ahold of one of the Gryffins legs. One of it's talons clawed at me and made a gash in my arm. 
          "Ack!!" I cried. I grabbed the talon and snapped it off the bird like a twig. The bird cried. The farmer on top jabbed at me with his pitchfork all the while trying to drive me into a house with the Gryffin. I threw up my spear and it lodged itself inside the farmers throat. He started to fall off the birds back web I caught the spear. It was still lodged on so I had to use my foot to kick his head off. I was too busy with that that I didn't even notice that I was about to run into a house. "Damn it", I muttered before I collided with the house. The bird drove me so that it was above the house and was unscathed. I on the other hand blasted into hundreds of pieces of wood and got cuts and bruises everywhere. 
          I got up and looked around I was inside the collapsed house and I could hear the bird flapping outside. I ran outside ready to smash that bird to bits. The bird landed and screeched at me again. I reached for my spear preparing to smash it though his head. I couldn't find it. I turned around an looked a bit and still couldn't find it. Must of lost it in the crash!! The bird started charging at me. Might as well try, I thought. 
         Just as it was about to ram me I jumped up over it's head and landed on it's back. I wrapped my hands around it neck and started to sufficate it. But it was way too strong and it flipped me over it's back and onto the cobblestone floor. 
          I hurt... I hurt real bad... And now that birds going to pay. I slowly got up to my feet using only arm because the other had gone limp because of the big gash from the talon. Fire burned around the village... the water tried to douse it but could not. I raised my good arm and yelled ,"FELLS!!" All the fire around me turned into snake like fires and all condenced into one giant ball in the middle of me and the bird. "HAA!!", I cried and the ball flew torwards the bird and exploded on contact. 
          The blast sent me flying backwards. I knew better than to stick around where the oil could create an even bigger blast so I headed west torwards the forest and back to the kingdom. I ran up the hills and when I finally got to the top of the lush forest I looked back. The village was in chaos. The whole town on fire. Men, woman and children alike ran there clothes ablaze. Looks like I'm not getting my extra money eh? 
           My arm hurt... Now I have a new choice, stick around in the forest and look for some medicinal herbs to heal my arm? Or head straight for the kingdom where i could be helpless against bandits on the rodes?

7.                Chapter 3

I was about to head onto the rodes when I thought better of myself. How am I suppose to fight with one arm? Especially with my left. I mean I could fight with magic but I'd run out of energy eventually. So I turned around and headed into the forest. 
           The forest was dark and eerie. It was the whole reason I  took a three hour detour to avoid going through it but now it's my only way to heal my arm. Owls cooed around me, it was exactly what a stereotype haunted forest was. 
          I scrounged around for a few hours now and only found a handful of herbs. It was getting dark and I couldn't find enough herbs to heal my arm. "Awesome!!", I yelled once I saw what I thought was the key ingriedient to the potion I need to make. This was a weird ingriedient though... You had to mix it with urine for you to be able to pull it out. It got it horny so it realeased it's grip on the ground. I told you it was weird. 
            I started to peeing on it and when I thought I had peed on it an approriate amount I pulled it up. But on further examination I muttered ,"Oh crap!!". What I pulled was poison ivy... And guess what's a favorite of one of largest predators in all of the world? Yup you guessed it, the very thing that started itching in my hand. 
           "ROAR!!", something yelled in the distance. Grass and trees started breaking apart. I started sprinting in the other direction to get away from it. Whatever was behind me was catching up. I tripped over a flipped over a log. 
            "DAMN!!", I said cursing and tried to get up. But then there stepped a boot. I slowly rised up to see the figure before me. It was a person, but his essence told me otherwise. It was too... Powerful. 
           He was veiled in a dark cloak and hood. His face was hidden in the shadow of his hood. He spoke in a snake like way. "Why hello there ssssonnyy", he said. I just stood there, I didn't trust this guy. My hand itches but I didn't lethim notice that. He looked as if was peering at me curiously. "You look like a strong young man, mind if you do me a favor?"
            "Im kind of busy right -", but he interupted me. 
            "Oh this favor will be well worth your time. You see that beast that was chasing you? Well he's my pet and he got loose. Mid if you leash him and get him back here for meee?", he said. 
            "Whats my reward?"
            "I'll heal your arm"
            "You can do that?"
            "Of course you idiot"
            Well it did seem interesting, I didn't have enough matierial to fix my arm just yet but I didn't like the likes of this guy and neither the spun of the quest. So now a new choice, help the creepy man? Or ignore him and head back to the kingdom emptyhanded?

8.                Chapter 4

Why not? I thought. If he tried to **** me I could just kill him after he healed my arm. "Yeah fine, I'll catch your pet", I said. 
          "Great!!", I started walking away but then ,"Remember!! His name is Fluffy!!", he yelled. 
          What a good name, I thought. I wandered around the Forest for a few hours calling "Fluffy!! Fluffy!!". 
          Then I heard a rustle in the trees. It was already dark so I couldn't see well. Another rustle... I saw shadows leaping from tree to tree. Something was amiss. Before it got darked I made myself a makeshift spear, so i took that out. I slowly crept torwards the tree. 
            Something leaped and landed on my face. "AHH!!", I yelled. Whatever was on me was starting to make small scratches on my face. I reached up and grabbed whatever was scratching my face. "ARGH!!", I yelled and pulled it off my face. Whatever was a squabbling in my hand was still trying to harm me but I could see what exactly was in my hand so I lit a nearby branch with fire. 
           Now that I had light I examined it more. It was kind of like a monkey... Except with six hands... And four legs. It was about a foot tall. "Heheh...", I muttered after slitting it's throat. It was getting really dark now and I already had fire and a meal so I decided to make camp. The old man would still meet me at the tree right? Or maybe he'd leave and I would be lost in the forest for nothing. Hmm... Well you guys better hurry this up because it already getting dark.

9.                   Chapter 5

You may be wondering why I had I had left you for a while and how I had gotten from about to making camp. Well I decided to go on and keep hunting in the dark when suddenly "fluffy" jumped from the trees and attacked me. He had caught me off gaurd so I didn't have time to grab my sword. 
             I started wrestling with the beast when it put my torch out. It was wet and sticky so it felt REALLY wrong if you know what I mean. Well I finally got the upper hand and jumped on it's back and tried choking it from behind. It started going wild and trying to throw me from it's back. Is was extremely hard considering I had a broken arm, it was dark, and the thing reeked like rotten fish. I couldn't see it but u felt two horns protruding from it's head and so I grabbed those. I stayed on a hell lot better hanging onto those. 
          But then it started running and so I was riding it through the infinite darkness. I was so worried that it would just run into a tree an kill us both when it just stopped abruptly which sent me flying across the forest. I smashed into a tree which in turn broke like a twig and made a huge noise as it fell to the ground. 
          I could see the bulk of shadow still bucking in the distance so I pulled out the rope that hung from my tools belt. I made a lasso and stood up starting to swing it. I had to aim just right or else Fluffy would run and I had to start this all over again. One... Two... Three!! It latched onto one of it's horns and Fluffy pulled me torwards itself. It starte running again while I was still holding onto the rope so now I was getting even more cuts and bruises being dragged. I tried getting to my knees which resulted in me digging my heels into the ground trying to stop the creature. "Argh!!", I yelled in agony as it continued to drag me. I felt us going up and up and up as if on a hill. And then suddenly we were airborne!! I was flying through the sky for a moment and saw the moon and stars and then BOOM!! I smacked into the ground again and was continuing the torture. When we stopped again! I heard licking noises and looked up. I saw the old man again using magic to create a fire. The giant... Zombie bunny was slobbering all over him as if he were a dog. 
         "Haha!! Thanks kid!!", he said enjoying his pet. "Here take this!!", he threw me a healing orb and I immediately used it's magical powers to hel my arm. Then the man got up and started walking away until he faded into the darkness. 
          Annoyed now that he didn't even tell me which way was out of the forest I was lost. "Hmm...", I pondered. North, East, West or South. You choose , and you better hurry before something bigger than Fluffy shows up.