GlooMi's Guide to Writing 3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *iPimella (01), Aug 11, 2010.

1. Are you an English teacher?

2. well said, thank you for your time. I'm glad I took the time to read your guide.
    4Fingers & 1Thumb with a WAVE

3. I found this guide very interesting to read. I’ve dabbled in fiction writing and original pieces and poetry, fan-fictional one-shots, short stories, and chaptered work with over a hundred thousand words (took me months of writing to do). I’ve dabbled with a few genres too, comedy, suspense, drama, sci-fi, romance and thrillers. There really is no limit when writing.

I usually go with third person in my writing and sometimes use second when I talk directly to the readers. I didn’t actually realise there were two categories in third person, even though I’ve used both without knowing when writing. So that was interesting to find out.

Personally I can’t stand first person writing. I much prefer third, and second if the writer can pull it off as you said. I’ve read some very good second person fictions.

But this is a great guide for anyone looking for tips on writing!

4. This should be Pinned.. Sad The one who wrote this forum post Reset Bombed and left kaw

5. It is pinned, in the ff section.

6. I agree! I’m literally in the middle of writing a fantasy novel myself and saw this in active topics and read the whole thing... pretty cool guide. Thanks for the bump to active topics lol :p

7. It is a pretty good guide, definitely worth it for writers who need the extra advice! Good luck with your writing! 

8. Great work. Lots of effort

Thrawn likes this.