The Mighty Kingdom

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Lord-Farmington, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Lord Farmington wraps his cloak around his shoulders, extinguishers the few remaining candles and slips through the side of the castle and into the sprawling maze, cloaked under the cover of a late and brisk winter evening. The resilient warrior wraps a bandana around his forehead, keeping the low lying, knotted locks, out of his warm hazel eyes, keeping his vision clear as he makes his way towards the mage and his tower in the centre of the still labyrinth.

Low clouds obscure the moons faint light. Insects of the night, fireflies, crickets, and the frogs that feed on them bringing forth a sense of calm as he takes turn after turn through an endless sea of midnight green. Drawing a potion from his ruck, he takes a swig and the shadows fade as the moon's previously dim light, intensifies to the rays of the midday sun, causing his lips to twitch and a small smile breaks onto his face.

His spies words play in his mind, and his mind reconstructs the scene, "My lord, the enemy has turned their invading forces east. —comes the hurried and rising voice— They're trying to take The Mighty Kingdom. King Might requests you make haste to the mage and cast fog of war." "Send spies in to ascertain exactly, what is going on." I tell the messenger, "Let His Kinglyness know it will be my pleasure. Ill make my way presently, give the King my kind regards." And with that, the spy bows low and makes his way out of his Lords chambers.

Lord Farmington remembers when he was a small member of the Lordship. He had just left 'Second HOL Life' and was wandering the kingdoms as a stateless warrior. He put quill to parchment and announced to the lands he was looking for a new home. Within a matter of moments he received a message from an old friend, a clan leader and powerful King, King Might.

King Mite is the leader and Lord in Charge at The Mighty Kingdom. He opened the doors and let Lord Farmington wander in and make himself at home. Lord Farm was tired, but he knew he had duties to attend to, so he mounts up and puts a call to neighbouring kingdoms and clans, announcing we will be battling Zùthmerak, the King of the oceans and harbinger of death and destruction.

It's All Hallows Eve. The waters are still, and The Mighty Kingdom is out in force. Tonight, we hunt a gargantuan, squid-like monstrosity and take his teeth as trophies.

Countless troops and spies make their way to the docks and get ready to face the menace that is Zùthmerak. The seas are calm, the birds have taken flight and the sirens have stopped their song. Tonight it happens. Tonight. We dine with Poseidon.

King Mite is ready. His men and women are ready. On guard and patient, and as soon as the sea of tentacles arise, all the kingdoms of TMK clan attack as one. Laying waste and scrapping the flailing bits of cephalopod as they try to retreat into the waters once more, sending a momentary cheer through the army.

Silence falls as a heavy blanket. Water lapping gently at the sides of the boat when out of nowhere, the full body of the beast burst forth from the black waters and drags Lord Farmington's ship, along with his men under the violently rippling and swirling surface.

King Mite doesn't hesitate. Removing Paladron and helm. Gloves and boots. He dives head first into the mass of Zùthmerak. Sword drawn from scabbard, Mite sees a metallic glint further down. Lord Farmington is caught in the tentacles, hacking and slashing to get free, but to no avail. Kicking further down, Mite casts battle fury and slashes the tentacles clean off, just as Lord Farmington closes his eyes, drowning in the watery depths.

"Keyz! Cast those healing auras now! He's regenning and we can't let him. CAST NOW!!" 'What about Farm, my lord?' "I'm afraid there's nothing we can do at this time. Remove his armour, give his spirit room to breathe." Mite tells Keyz soberly. "We can only hope". With Keyz removing Farms armour and Worg casting Healing Auras, something incredible happens.

As Worg casts, the spell heals the Myrmidons, the guardians of the sea and they redouble their efforts. And along with the Myrmidons, the aura brings air to The lungs of the drowned Lord, forcing sea water to be expelled in a sputter and to catch Mites attention. "Farm!! Farm is alive!! Someone fetch his armour. Can you fight Farm?" 'Just try and stop me my Lord. They say an eye for an eye, but I'll settle for his life' King Mite gives a hearty, throaty chuckle and barks "I'm glad you're not fish food, let's finish this. KEYZ, WORG, BONES, TIFF!!! ALL CAST, LETS GET THESE TENTACLES DOWN AND GET HIS HEAD UP AGAIN. LET'S FINISH THIS." Rising to the drive behind their King's voice, The Mighty Kingdom and their allies all cast Battle Fury. Their strength soars, the tentacles fall and the beasts head surfaces once more.

Lord Farmington has moved to the back of Mite's ship, climbing the rigs and making his way up the main mast. Sword between his teeth and fire in his belly, he is going to kill this beast. And he is going to drive his blade through the bulbous eyes before they can even see him coming. He has a small bit of Potion of Invisibility left, it might be enough. There's only one way to know.

Watching from the crows nest, Farm sees the tentacles subside again. Come on you bastard, show me that head. Give me a nice, big smile. You sort of remind me of my mother-in-law. In a way... Before he could do a mental comparison between the two, the head of the beast rises again, screeching like steel being torn in two.

This is it, no one lives forever. Swigging his potion, grabbing a loose rope with lead in his gut, Farm swings out over the water and drops with his cape rippling behind him like wings in the night. He can see the massive eye of the beast swirling in its socket wildy, looking for the sound but failing to see the now-invisible, Lord Farmington.

You ugly, squid face, boot licker. You're going to feel this... Longblade drawn from his back and Farm positioned like he's driving 'the sword in the stone', he bellows a Mighty Hell-cry that cuts through the sounds of battle.

Standing from the ship Mite hears a splitting battle cry. He can see the silhouette of a man appearing on the face, no, on the eye of the beast. Sword between his feet and thrust into the white of the monsters eye. The tentacled mass thrashes and flicks Farm off, sending him flying through the air, Mite is sure he can hear him laughing, He's mad... Mite thinks to himself, but we are all here fighting this monster. Maybe we all are... Farm lands on deck and slides along the wet planks up to the step-up to the bow of the ship, laughing.

Masses of tentacles flood the sea for a few days after the battle. The marine life slowly making its way back now the tentacles beast has been dismembered, and it's they, who shall eat what remains of the beast. King Mite looks to Farm and says "Lord Farmington, I think you might be insane. Jumping feet first into the jaws of death." 'I assure you, your Kinglyness. I am.' And with that, Farm mounts up and makes his way back across the kingdom.

Thanks for reading. It was rushed today because I'm a little ill and my brain is foggy. I hope you enjoyed my story about 'How I Met King Mite'

2. Nice Story!

3. If anyone quotes this op i'll legitimately get RSI in my thumb.

Admittedly I didn't read more than a skim of the first paragraph, try make your next story more interesting and less TL;DR :S

4. Oops

5. And you may also wanna make one about Apheriun

6. Wow..never read descriptions of reck(?) like this before..well done :)

7. Is there a movie version? I hate reading books.

8. Nice mistake iceCold Hahahahahaha

9. Maybe one day... If ata will approve...