[Incomplete] The Farmers Journey: An in-depth look

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, Jul 22, 2015.

1. To some, the story addition to The Farmers Journey events are a waste of time. Time that could go towards development of other parts of the game. They could be right. But, I for one like them and will be analyzing them just for fun.

Looks critically at a work of fiction in order to understand how the parts contribute to the whole. When analyzing a novel or short story, you’ll need to consider elements such as the context, setting, characters, plot, literary devices, and themes. Remember that a literary analysis isn’t merely a summary or review, but rather an interpretation of the work and an argument about it based on the text. Depending on your assignment, you might argue about the work’s meaning or why it causes certain reader reactions.

*Pulled from the interwebz.

Spoiler Alert

2. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Chapter one: Prologue

Summary

The story begins in an unnamed foothill that leaf towards an arid mountain range. We are immediately told there are two people lurking in the brush, not wanting to be seen for some reason.

One of the figures even makes a point to check the area first, a sparsely wooded plain lay in front of them, which, turns into a desert if you look further out.

Seems like the Farmers ridge on TVKT to me.

After making sure they are alone, the Mage, points out into the distance towards an unremarkable acre of tall grass.

He told his female companion, who is dressed in acolyte robes.

He goes on to tell her how one would know how to find the area he is pointing at with ease.

The woman stared down in awe, her eyes in reverence.

She whispered this in amazement:

It's then revealed she spent years studying the "Life of the Farmer."

The mage regularly made the pilgrimage retracing the Farmer’s life and allowed her to tag along this time as part of her induction to the order.

The young acolyte went on to show her knowledge of the Farmer’s past here. How he underwent his first trial. How he was betrayed and how he got his revenge.

The acolyte nearly zoned out just from thinking about the history. She grabs onto a small medallion around her neck. It bares the symbol of a golden sickle.

In her other hand, is a book from the scriptures, the first book of holy canon.

The mage turned to her and said:

And began to speak words of power.

A dazzling light began to shine from it and around their feet, green shoots sprang up into golden wheat before the acolytes eyes.

After a few moments, the mage fell silent and the light faded. The sense of wild growth remained in the air.

Food for thought

Here are just a few things that popped up into my head:

There is an entire religion built around him.

There is an order with inductions ceremonies that include walking in his footsteps.

We get told about the medallion and what's on it, then, the Mage grows out the field from the first holy book of Canon. This journey to me, so far, makes it seem like he started the planet EB.

3. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Chapter one

Summary

4. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Don't post.

Reserved.

5. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Reserved.

6. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Reserved

7. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Point taken.

8. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Reserved.

9. Re: A work in progress. There is nothing to see.

Done.

Let it die :)

10. Shh. I removed the text so no one can see. Let it die.

11. I refuse to let this thread "die"

12. The farmer is Spragga. I thought it was obvious :lol:

13. I honestly love reading the stories, much better than looking at the rest of post for the event which I know will be a copy and paste of last event with different names and artwork.

15. Wow I was the third post and he removes it