Endgame

Share your stories.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Endgame

Postby seth73 on Aug 5 2010, 3:25pm

≡≡¥≡≡
The hunter squad was also on the move again. They followed a tunnel that had a very small incline to it. By evening they had broken free of the tunnels and had arrived at the surface. There they decided to look around for a place to spend the night. They found a small, abandoned bunker, as well as an old abandoned military jeep. Although the jeep had almost completely fallen apart, Stora went to work trying to fix it. The rest of the squad set up a crude camp and tried to get some rest. Little did they know that they were not the only ones trying to get some sleep…
≡≡¥≡≡
As we walked the tunnels, there was little conversation, but I did manage to learn the identity of Matea’s friend. Her name was Des. After about an hour of walking, we arrived to a crossroad. There were two tunnels there, one going up and one going down. “The one going down will lead us back to the coliseum” Matea said.
“But we’d have a better chance of seeing them if we got to the surface,” proposed Des.
“I agree, plus, I think that’s what my squad would do,” I agreed.
We started down the new tunnel and soon came to yet another fork in the tunnel. One went to the left and the other to the right. A slight breeze was coming out of both tunnels.
“Now what?” asked Matea, evidently mad about me choosing to go Des’s way.
“Hmm…. Lets’ go left,” I proposed
No one had any other suggestions, so we went that way.
Seth73
seth73

Postby seth73 on Aug 10 2010, 11:10am

After what seemed like an endless walk downwards, we came to a large chamber. The tunnel ended there and the air was fresh. Looking around I noticed a natural chimney in the rock. This was what had brought in the fresh air.
“Told you it wouldn’t work,” Matea said with a smirk.
“Wait, there’s a ladder over here, it goes upwards,” exclaimed Des. “It goes up into the rock, I think there might be a door there.”
“Wait, I'm detecting several heat signatures up above, we should try and use stealth to take as many out before they notice us. Grabbing one of my throwing knives, I climbed up the ladder and felt around for some sort of door handle. Finding the latch I grabbed it and pushed open the hatch very slowly. There were two sentries guarding the entrance to the room, but they had their backs to me. I unsheathed my other throwing knife and threw them at the sentries. They both went down without a sound. I signalled to Matea and Des that the path was clear and they joined me in the bunker. Des turned over one of the bodies and examined it. These are bandits, plenty of em in this region. “Are they armed?” I asked?
“Yes, they all carry a riffle of some sort,” Replied Matea. “How many of them are there left in this bunker?”
“There should be six of them, two at the exit, and two at the entrance of each room.” I elaborated. Matea pulled a small pistol out of her vest and Des, a revolver, which she promptly attached a silencer to. I readied my crossbow, hoping it would be silent enough to go un-noticed. Because the guards in the rooms had a view of each other, we would have to take them all out at the same time. While Matea and Des took aim at the guards across from us, I crept over to the other two guards. Matea and Des fired and the other guards went down. One of them made a dull thud as he hit the ground causing both guards to look the other way. Seizing the chance, I quickly dispatched them with my crossbow. Matea and Des had already taken out the entrance guards, leaving the bunker to ourselves.
Seth73
seth73

Postby *Francis-IV (01) on Aug 10 2010, 11:18am

Hmmmm...
*Francis-IV (01)

Postby *Francis-IV (01) on Aug 10 2010, 1:40pm

Hi
*Francis-IV (01)

Postby THEBlade on Aug 10 2010, 2:35pm

Bump
THEBlade

Postby seth73 on Aug 10 2010, 5:30pm

@holes get off my thread.
Seth73
seth73

Postby Forum_God on Aug 10 2010, 5:33pm

Rofl he said bump. 
Forum_God

Postby seth73 on Aug 11 2010, 3:03pm

≡≡¥≡≡
For the hunter squad, a very long and tedious night was about to begin. The Defender was on watch when the first of them appeared. Dozens and dozens of zombies, most armed with some sort of firearm came pouring out of the bunker. The Defender was too busy trying to keep the creatures at bay, but the sound of combat awoke the rest of the squad. It was very difficult to see the zombies in the darkness. Avril’s flaming arrows seemed to be the most effective against the zombies, until iZ found the flamethrower attachment for his wrist. The combination of the two kept the zombies far away, leaving a chance for Rika to open her summoning book. After a lot of page turning Rika managed to summon harmless globes of darkness over the zombies. They had absolutely no effect. The sound of a heavy machinegun startled everyone in the area, including the zombies. Stora had managed to fix the cannon on the back of the jeep and she beaconed for the rest of the squad to take cover behind it. Rika turned a few more pages and found the incantation for an orb of light. As soon as the orb appeared, the zombies began to disintegrate. With the field clear, Rika checked everyone for wounds. The Defender had a nasty gash on his arm, but everyone else was unharmed. As Rika tried to remember what Moragana had said, she heard a thud. Looking around, she saw something on the ground next to her. It was Moragana’s backpack! Rika approached it with caution, unsure of how it had gotten there. Inside she found medical supplies and a book of instructions for various medical procedures. She had The Defender patched up in no time after that. Just as everyone started to come down enough to try and get some more sleep, a blood red sun appeared on the horizon.
Seth73
seth73

Postby seth73 on Aug 12 2010, 1:37pm

≡≡¥≡≡
I tried to find a light source while Matea and Des looked for anything of importance in the bunker. Finding a cord, I pulled it, lighting a small bulb, and the room. It wasn’t enough, but it would have to suffice. Matea and Des returned with a few supplies and various munitions. I let them keep it; I wanted to stay on the same schedule as my squad. With that done, we left the bunker, and at last emerged to the surface.
≡≡¥≡≡
Within an hour, Stora had managed to start the jeep, and the rest of the squad got in. Unsure of where to go, Stora took the squad as far away from the bunker as possible. They came upon several more bunkers, but didn’t go near them.
≡≡¥≡≡
The world we emerged into was very different, in that, we were surrounded by bandits. The three of us exploded into action, taking any cover we could find. There were bandits armed with long knives waiting for us around corners. One almost got to Des, but I got him with my throwing knife. For every bandit I killed, two more seemed to take his place.
≡≡¥≡≡
The hunter squad began to hear sounds of battle, and headed towards it. The defender got on the turret while the rest of the squad readied their weapons.
≡≡¥≡≡
After what seemed like an eternity, I began to hear a new sound, an engine. Before I knew it, a jeep flew over the bandit’s heads, guns blazing. It was my squad! I tried to signal to them, but almost got my hand shot off for trying. I slowly made my way over to Matea and Des. “My squad’s here, we should try and make a run for it.” I explained. They both nodded. “Ok… Go!” I jumped from cover and charged towards the jeep. That’s when I heard shots coming from behind me. Des was standing over Matea, her blade bloody, shooting at me. She apparently gave up and started climbing up the ladder leading to the roof of the bunker. I tossed my throwing knife at her, but it was more out of anger than actual throw. I didn’t dare look back until a blood red spear tip impaled itself into the ground next to me. Meteor and his gang were on the roof of the bunker shooting at us. Thud. I had run into the side of the jeep, without noticing. “Seth! You’re alive!” exclaimed Stora.
“Yeah, yeah, no time, get us outta here,” I yelled, pointing to Meteor. I didn’t have to ask twice. I hoped onto the back of the jeep with the rest of the squad. “Defender, focus your fire on the roof of that bunker,” I ordered, “the rest of you, clear a path, were getting out of here.” I poked my head into the cabin, where Rika and Stora were, “Rika, can you summon a force field around the car?” I asked.
“I can try,” She replied, stunned to see me.
As we approached the line of bandits, they all seemed to be projected backwards by some invisible force, most likely Rika. Everyone strapped themselves in, while The Defender covered our escape with the turret. I pulled the pin from a smoke bomb I had found in the bunker and tossed it behind us. Then, our surroundings seemed to disappear, then started to change…
Seth73
seth73

Postby seth73 on Aug 25 2010, 3:57pm

Chapter 6
Although all seven of us appeared in an upgrade chamber, the vehicle we had been riding in had vanished. As usual, Avril advanced to her podium first. There she received a new bow! However, there didn’t seem to be any arrows with it. When the arrow shaped lazer flew off into the gloom, I realized that it was a lazer bow. As armor, Avril got a helmet, very similar to mine. Next went The Defender. On his table there was a massive circular object that resembled a ​. However, after The Defender played around with it a bit, a massive energy shield sprung from it. It resembled a tower shield as oppose to a spherical and was greyish in color. He also got a helmet, etc. Next went Rika, on her table was, a bigger book, probably an advanced summoning guide. She too got a helmet and so on. iZ stepped up next, but instead of a podium, a robotic arm came down and made some modifications. Stora went next; she got a huge variety of lazer weapons. Next went Irin, her sword received some sort glowing emerald, probably enchanted. She also got a set of light armor. It was my turn, on my podium rested two hand crossbows, and a variety of ammunition. Tranquilizer darts, poison darts, and regular darts among them. All I got for armor was a software update for my helmet. Before the installation was complete, the room changed.
Seth73
seth73

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fiction