The Origins of time (2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by XxThunder_BirdxX, Apr 7, 2012.

1. are you going to accuse everyone who says your story sucked of being a fail troll?

you're in denial clearly. accept the fact that it sucks and move on

2. This story was an utter waste of my life. It wasn't entertaining or humorous.

Reading this made think this was an afterthought you had while sitting on the john dropping a deuce. This story should be flushed right along with that deuce.

3. I'm the person who originally wrote this story six years ago. I honestly don't know what was going through my head when I wrote this.
    I was 10 when I put this garbage on the forum. Apparently this was meant to be funny, but to be honest it's just cringy as hell now.
    I doubt there's anyone else who posted on this thread who actually still plays Kingdoms at War (I only reinstalled it for memories).
    Writing is still a hobby of mine (I do hope to post some more writing pieces on the forums! Improvement is now way more important to me than praise!)
    In 2012 I was an arrogant attention-seeker. I actually begged for praise on my stories and went around saying that my writing was fantastic.
    You know what? There's no such thing as a good story or a bad story, and I was completely idiotic to go round telling people that my writing was good. Writing and other creative media are subjective.
    To all the writers here, I just want to say that you need to focus on improving more than anything else. Take into consideration any constructive criticism you receive. People will dislike your work and be rude towards you, and there's nothing you can do about that. Ignoring them is the best thing you can do.
    Don't ask for praise. Don't act like you're better than everyone else. Don't fall into the trap that I did.

4. From one writer to another, do you.

Don't listen to anyone else... Unless they're encouraging you to improve.

In which case listen to them.

5. Props on you for recognizing growth and change, mate. This thread is a little cringey, but tbh it's also fairly entertaining.