Guide to System Wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Nov 11, 2011.

1. - T H E - S K I R M I S H -

- T H E - S K I R M I S H -
    [​IMG]
    -Skirmish have a 12 hour duration.
    -Skirmish starts in 4 hours as long as it is accepted within 2 hours.
    -Skirmish start time is based on the declare time. Time of acceptance has NO EFFECT on start time.
    -Skirmish may be forfeited by use of the Forfeit Button by the losing side only at the 6 hour mark of Skirmish.
    -Skirmish may be forfeited at any time by either side by all the active members of the war leaving one of the warring clans.
    -Skirmish once accepted dedicates the clan to a system war.
    Neither side will be permitted to engage in another system war for 16 hours from the time of declaration.
    -Skirmish challenges that are rejected or left unaccepted until the challenge timer runs out have NO EFFECT on prestige and no "cool-down" period.
    -There is no way to cancel a challenge once it is issued. It is up to the other clan to accept, reject, or let the timer run out.

2. - T H E - B A T T L E -

- T H E - B A T T L E -
    [​IMG]
    -Battle have a 24 hour duration.
    -Battle starts in 8 hours as long as it is accepted within 4 hours.
    -Battle start time is based on the declare time. Time of acceptance has NO EFFECT on start time.
    -Battle may be forfeited by use of the Forfeit Button by the losing side only at the 12 hour mark of Battle.
    -Battle may be forfeited at any time by either side by all the active members of the war leaving one of the warring clans.
    -Battle once accepted dedicates the clan to a system war.
    Neither side will be permitted to engage in another system war for 32 hours from the time of declaration.
    -Battle challenges that are rejected or left unaccepted until the challenge timer runs out have NO EFFECT on prestige and no "cool-down" period.
    -There is no way to cancel a challenge once it is issued. It is up to the other clan to accept, reject, or let the timer run out.

3. - T H E - W A R -

- T H E - W A R -
    [​IMG]
    -War have a 48 hour duration.
    -War starts in 16 hours as long as it is accepted within 8 hours.
    -War start time is based on the declare time. Time of acceptance has NO EFFECT on start time.
    -War may be forfeited by use of the Forfeit Button by the losing side only at the 24 hour mark of War.
    -War may be forfeited at any time by either side by all the active members of the war leaving one of the warring clans.
    -War once accepted dedicates the clan to a system war.
    Neither side will be permitted to engage in another system war for 64 hours from the time of declaration.
    -War challenges that are rejected or left unaccepted until the challenge timer runs out have NO EFFECT on prestige and no "cool-down" period.

4. - F O R F E I T -

- F O R F E I T -
    The Forfeit button appears for both sides for the entire duration of the war but it may only be used by the losing side after the halfway point in the war has past.
    Forfeiting by the winning side can only be done if every "Active" member of the winning side leaves the war.
    Forfeiting earlier than the halfway point of the war (including during the "War Incoming" phase) can only be done if every "Active" member of the forfeiting side leaves the war.
    There is NO WAY to cancel an unaccepted war challenge. If the opponent chooses not to reject the challenge or to accept the challenge then you must wait out the challenge timer. Make sure the clan you want to challenge is active and willing as you cannot engage another clan or even Epic Battles while a challenge is pending.

5. - C O O L - D O W N - P E R I O D -

- C O O L - D O W N - P E R I O D -
    Any time a system war has ended early there is a cool down period that prevents both involved clans from engaging in a new war until the original system war should have ended.
    For example: a Skirmish has a 12 hour duration with a 4 hour declare time. That is 16 hours total.
    Therefore a new system war cannot be engaged until 16 hours have passed from the original declaration time.
    So if the skirmish is ended 6 hours early your clan will have to wait 6 hours to engage in a new system war.

6. - L O C K I N G - R O S T E R S -

- L O C K I N G - R O S T E R S -
    Locking rosters once war starts is now be an available option.
    Selection of this option means that no one will be able to join, or rejoin, the clan once the war has started.
    This option can ONLY be selected at the challenge and cannot be added or removed at a later time of the war.

Before you accept a war make sure you agree to the terms of the war.
    Rosters are not locked during the "War Challenge" or "War Incoming" phases. Only once the war starts does the lock go into effect.

7. - P R E S T I G E - A N D - M I T H R I L -

Prestige as a ranking that effects the reward of mithril within your clan when you win wars and also ranks you on the Clan Prestige Strength War Leaderboard.

Mithril reward payout is scaled LARGELY based on the clan's prestige.
    The higher the prestige of the losing clan the larger the mithril reward and Prestige bonus to the winning clan.

For example:
    1380 prestige vs 1400 prestge
    1. 1380 prestige clan wins
      My total actions = 551
      My total Plunder = 9,617,168,144
      Mithril earned = 26
    1180 prestige vs 1426 prestge
    1. 1426 prestige clan wins
      My total actions = 2962
      My total Plunder = 33,858,113,204
      Mithril earned = 22
    1000 prestige vs 1000 prestge
    1. 1000 prestige clan wins
      My total actions = 299
      My total Plunder = 8,010,776,714
      Mithril earned = 14
    1180 prestige vs 1426 prestge
    1. 1426 prestige clan wins
      My total actions = 349
      My total Plunder = 9,583,113,770
      Mithril earned = 7
    This shows how PROFOUND the effect of clan prestige is on the mithril payout equation

Also consider that:
    1. - If a high prestige clan wins against a low prestige clan the bonus to prestige will be very small
      - If a high prestige clan looses against a low prestige clan the losses to prestige will be very large.

So it is in your best interest to war clans with a similar prestige. If the prestige difference is great you risk a Massive prestige loss if you lose and only a small prestige & mithril gain if you win.

Before you war a clan look at the prestige change.
    [​IMG]
    In this case if your clan wins the war they would receive a 4 prestige increase.
    If they lost the war they would suffer a 16 prestige drop.
    So this would not be a favorable war as you risk a massive drop in prestige if you lose and a 4 prestige increase would denote a terrible mithril payout if you win.

Beyond prestige Mithril reward is based on the number of actions you perform, the type of action you perform, the strength of your actions, the strength of your target, the plunder the action earns.
    1. - Attacks seem to reward the highest mithril bonus because the earn BIG plunder. Many will find that some people with more attack actions earn less mithril than smaller players with fewer actions. This is likely because they earned more plunder in those attacks by taking on stronger opponents.
      - Assassinations come in second due largely to the higher number of actions per regen than steals.
      - Stealing comes in third though some theorize that stealing when your spies are over 50% may earn more than assassinations due to the plunder earned.
      - Scouting seems to reward the least mithril per action. Even though you get the largest number of actions per regeneration scouting proves to have very little effect on mithril payout.

The Prestige/Mithril system is still new and the information here is just my thoughts on how it works.
    Feedback is appreciated.

8. - W A R - B A S I C S -

There are 3 basic styles of wars:
    These war types are not decided upon by the system, they are decided upon by the behavior of the players.

System Wars (Friendly)
    Friendly Wars are wars designed for fun. In these wars, each side is evenly built and you engage in a fun, but friendly war. Stripping, trash talking, drop volleys, mercing, or other "dirty" tactics are usually not permitted. These are the most common wars and are lots of fun to participate in. These wars typically use the "Roster Lock" feature to prevent the temptation of mercing during the war.

System Wars (Unfriendly)
    Unfriendly Wars are an anything goes environment. In these wars, the size of each side may vary. Mercenaries may join, stripping may be allowed, side hits from outside the war may occur, spies may join the ranks. These wars give out high thrill levels, but the danger level & expense is also extremely high.

Off System Wars (Typically Unfriendly)
    These Wars are designed to settle disputes. These wars do not use the KAW system of warring. There is no declaration and the war is over when one side concedes to the other side's demands. These wars can last days, weeks, even months and may involve many clans. They are sometimes referred to as "Old School Wars" as they are a throwback to the days of KAW before there was a war system.

There are a few things that you should do in ANY system war.

DO NOT JOIN THE WAR BEFORE IT STARTS!Only join the war when you are able to be active for a long period of time. You will be attacked the instant war starts if you have joined the war. If you must go inactive then before joining ask your self, "Will the plunder I earn offset the plunder I will lose for my team while I am inactive." The best way to join the war is to look for an active target and attack them. Attacking ANY active target auto joins you into the war. No need to lose time by clicking the Join Button first. You only get this one planned sniper attack per war (unless you use crystals) don't waste it by joining early. Ask other actives to help find you a target and lay on like a butcher.

HEALTH CRYSTALS - If you have none and can afford a few you should buy them. Remember 6 per 24 hours period is the maximum number you can use in a war.

SCOUTING - You can use your Scouts to examine a target before attacking to see if you can actually win. Scouts are not hindered by enemy defense potions so if you scout with Spy Attack Potions being used you are VERY likely to succeed.
    NOTE: Scouting an Active opponent will Auto-Join you into the war.

REPORT ATTACKS (INCOMING AND OUTGOING) - Always say in clan chat what you did with your attacks and if you are being attacked. This lets clan mates know that you are active, who is open on the enemy side, and who is active on the enemy side. Read the War Lingo section below for how to report attacks.

BANK ALL GOLD - As soon as you get gold BANK it by buying potions. If you have money out you can be stolen from. Only PureSpies can go DTW by banking their gold but having gold out makes you more vulnerable to steals and... well its just a waste. You earned that gold from them, don't let them take it back. Pots are fastest way to secure your money and give a 75% return when you sell them later. Some bank with allies but by the time you find a good ally to buy you may get attacked and lose the gold.

MAX PLUNDER - Always have enough allies to ensure you will have a maximum plunder bonus in war! If you are not plunder capped do not bother joining the war. Plunder is what wins wars. If your not earning good plunder your presence only hurts your clan.

SELF PINNING - Self Pinning is the act of keeping your soldiers below 20%. If you do this, you cannot be attacked or assassinated. You must pin you spy troops below 20% and have no gold out to stop steals. Scouts cannot be stopped.
    To figure out how to self pin, first of all, find your max amount of troops. Then go to a calculator and type in your max troops x .20 Whatever the Answer is is what you need to keep your troops below to stay pinned.
    To self pin, simply attack someone until you are below 20% troops. If there is no one to attack use quests to pin.

POTTING UP!!! - Have Defense & Spy Defense Pots - It's always a good idea to have pots. Do not think size matters! Anyone can hit anyone in a war so Big guns will attack smaller players for easy money. If you don't have Defense/Spy Defense Potions will get stomped! You want to score a hit? You will need Attack/Spy Attack potions too. How many do you need? That is a question for your war commanders. Each clan has different potting recommendations based on clan size and war type.

SPELLS - If you have mithril spells can give you a significant advantage in wars. ALL SPELLS EFFECTS STACK. If, for example, you cast Bloodlust and Battle Fury together you get the bonuses from BOTH spells. Casting the same spell twice simply resets the timer back to start.
    Also note: Unholy Aura may make your enemy lose more gold but you do not gain ANY extra gold or plunder from this spell.

9. - W A R - L I N G O -

Common War Slang - Know the Lingo.
    There are a lot of slang words you will hear in war. Some will seem like random strings of numbers and others will sound rather stupid. The following are some common slang terms.

1. Pin- To make someone "DTW - Defender Too weak"

Sit- To keep someone "DTW - Defender Too Weak"

DTW- Defender Too Weak

Regen- To get more troops

Full- To have full troops

Xstal or Xtal- Using a crystal from the oracle.

Scout Bomb- To scout someone a lot

Assa- To assassinate someone

FB - To have run a full Bar (run every spy and/or troop) you have

HB - To have run a Half Bar (run first 50% of every spy and/or troop) you have

Plunder- The amount of gold you make from an attack/war

Tax- The amount of gold taken in war Used to determine winner

Strip- To hire someone's allies and take gold

Pots- Battle items from The Marketplace.

NP- Not Pinned

P- Pinned or pots

F- Full

PS- Pure Spy

Mercs- Players brought in from outside a clan to war.

Open- Target is not pinned and open for attacks

Side Hits - Hits from people outside of the war covertly hitting the enemy or helping to pin the clan mates while they are away

The following are number combination and statements. They can be a bit confusing, but once you get used to them you understand it well.

1. 10/48- Whenever you see a 2 digit number followed by a larger 2 digit number it is usually the amount of troops you have. On the left is how many you have and on the right is your maximum amount.
      So 10/48 would be indicative of 10,000 troops left out of 48,000 max letting people know that he is roughly 20% troop level.
    1. "Insert Name Here" 3/4/10p :38 - Whenever you see a name with a 1 digit number beside it followed by a larger or equal 1 digit number it usually means the number of successful attacks on someone. The first number is successful attacks, the second is total number of attacks. The number after that is how many pots the other person is using the next letter p or np denotes "pinned" or "not pinned" and finally sometimes you will see a colon with a number ":38" means that the pinning of the target occurred at the :38 minute mark in real time.

Scout "Insert Name Here"- Means scout that person until they have 0 spies.

Assa "Insert Name Here"- Means assassinate that person until they are too weak.

Steal "Insert Name Here"- Means steal that person until you can't steal them anymore.

Attack "Insert Name Here"- Means attack that person until they are too weak.

10. Thanks you for the guide, i think you are the best and the most active Moderator in KaW

11. Obviously this will be stickied..

12. But really, this guide is great for clans who want to start wars and are new to a clan system. Very helpful, indeed.

13. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Wulf , excellent thread, it was coherent, well laid-out, precise and informative.



14. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Wulf if you add what they look like on idevice instead of comp it would be a bit better.

15. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Excellent Job Wulf :D

16. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Nice job Wulf! :)

17. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

great thread wulf thanks ;)

Akif stay on topic please :roll:

18. Re: Guide to System Wars (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Feedback Encouraged - Enjoy the guide.