Weekend Warriors Guild to EE Builds and Tips- Brought to You

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: Weekend Warriors Guild to EE Builds and Tips- Brought to You

Postby golthar on May 26 2019, 3:52am

liilil--CHEWY--llilii wrote:can have hybrid mechanics with a tank build. thats is best. gives you the option to eat leaky hansels

Yes this is super important. Get to more than 25% spies by building spies on smaller lands.

Also, a couple of quibbles about towers:

First I disagree about putting towers on the last 3 sets of lands. The very last set is now by far the best place to put towers (fatesands).

Also valk suggests sdt @50% of your att stats and Adt @20-25%. That’ll get u started but imo you want it more like 60-70 for sdt and 30-40 for Adt. Start with what valk suggests but if you find yourself getting eaten or assed hard you might think about bumping the towers.
golthar

Postby VaIkyl_ on May 26 2019, 5:36am

Golthar and chewy both have great points to add.

Neat hybrid trick is to do what they’re mentioning, where your barely a hybrid, but only using LL and HL type spy buildings, here’s the formula.

Take your total # of Buildings.

Subtract your # of buildings that are towers.

Divide that answer by 4 (25% of buildings that aren’t towers)

The answer is the number of spy buildings u need to get hybrid mechanics, which basically lets u eat those squishy hansels with 0 gold out and slow fingers.

U don’t add spy buildings on top lands, instead u add 1 more building then the 25% on lowlands and high lands and voila, your a hybrid, but basically a tank, with the hybrid mechanic.

Golthar is also pointing out a neat phenomenon that happens...see he’s a great big well built tough as nails War Tank....and he loves towers. Why? Cause they’re addictive, and once you get locked into a serious tower addiction, well you’ll see...you’ll want even more then I’m suggesting. Cause watching ppl fail all over your towers is cool and fun, and makes Golthar giggle like a little school girl.
VaIkyl_
2016 ASW Champion

Postby BiGdOg on May 26 2019, 8:07am

Tldr
BiGdOg

Postby golthar on May 26 2019, 8:19am

Valk’s point about towers being addictive is true. I’ll take the 5th about giggling like a schoolgirl.

The general thing to consider I about towers is it’s all relative. If you have fewer towers than others around you on cr, you’ll get targeted. If you have more you won’t.

Specifically for Adt:

If you aren’t top of the roster you need to remember that if you are a target in your cr range, someone bigger than u is coming to feast. There are quite few ~10b cs hitters that make their living on killing the weak link on the mid range cr.

Morale: don’t be that weak link, and remember that your towers aren’t just to protect you from ppl your own size. They need to be effective against people bigger than you.
golthar

Postby sast424 on May 26 2019, 9:14am

Damn I wish I would've known this stuff before I started doing this build... Any tips so I don't have to completely restart, gonna start putting in towers now too. Also great thread.
sast424

Postby Sourcewalker on May 26 2019, 11:28am

What are towers
Sourcewalker
2016 ASW Champion

Previous

Return to Wars