How to War Command

Discuss past and ongoing wars.

Moderator: Kingdoms at War

Re: How to War Command

Postby golthar on Apr 26 2019, 3:29am

Nice thread.

Very little I disagree with here.

One thing missing is how to decide whether to dive or tank, or in some cases a partial dive leaving some to tank. This has a lot to do with looking at the towers on both sides, and how many spies each side has.

You need to ask the questions...is our sdt strong enough to tank it or we just going to be assed down? Are there enough leaky targets on the other side to plunder well on open? How likely is it the other side will dive or tank? Can we expect enough opportunities if we leave ppl high or will they just be sitting full all war looking for plunder?

You need to think not just about what your roster looks like, but also the oppo roster and they way they are likely to play it.
golthar

Postby Lonesong on Apr 26 2019, 4:09am

very nice
Lonesong

Postby doyoulikefishstix on Apr 26 2019, 5:55am

golthar wrote:Nice thread.

One thing missing is how to decide whether to dive or tank, or in some cases a partial dive leaving some to tank. This has a lot to do with looking at the towers on both sides, and how many spies each side has.

You need to ask the questions...is our sdt strong enough to tank it or we just going to be assed down? Are there enough leaky targets on the other side to plunder well on open? How likely is it the other side will dive or tank? Can we expect enough opportunities if we leave ppl high or will they just be sitting full all war looking for plunder?

You need to think not just about what your roster looks like, but also the oppo roster and they way they are likely to play it.

Golthor

I complete agree with you. I tried to stay away from tips on how to War but to me this goes along with warriors knowing their build and knowing how to War it.

For instance:

If I told you and someone with less experience to plunder till 50% troops im sure you would be able to find a target you can succeed on each atk where the less experienced warrior will fail most atks and end up zero troops.

It’s one thing for a War Commander to know the strategy and determine what the opponent might do but it’s another for the warrior to know how to War their builds. However, each War Commander should assign appropriate targets based on your build and what you can succeed.
doyoulikefishstix

Postby doyoulikefishstix on Apr 26 2019, 5:56am

Kasama wrote:It makes me happy seeing new forumers post, good thread.

sticky?

Yes I used to be doyoulikefishsticks :)
doyoulikefishstix

Postby doyoulikefishstix on Apr 26 2019, 5:57am

O0O-l_URKlNG--T3RR0R_O0O wrote:Good thread shibs 
Do one for LL wars next

I just might, there need to be more clans signing up for LL wars.
doyoulikefishstix

Postby golthar on Apr 26 2019, 11:31am

take_off_your_pants_and_jacket wrote:
golthar wrote:Nice thread.

Golthor

I complete agree with you. I tried to stay away from tips on how to War but to me this goes along with warriors knowing their build and knowing how to War it.

For instance:

If I told you and someone with less experience to plunder till 50% troops im sure you would be able to find a target you can succeed on each atk where the less experienced warrior will fail most atks and end up zero troops.

It’s one thing for a War Commander to know the strategy and determine what the opponent might do but it’s another for the warrior to know how to War their builds. However, each War Commander should assign appropriate targets based on your build and what you can succeed.

My points in my original reply weren’t meant for individual warriors, but as considerations for the wc as to run the war.

Anyone that has warred with me knows that I don’t like to micromanage actions, i tend to give broad instructions...good Warriors will understand how to adjust based on what the other side does.

But I found what was missing from ur op was planning the strat not just around what u have but what ur facing and anticipating the best response
golthar

Previous

Return to Wars